Offline JA3297

• View Profile
Analemma
« on: February 18, 2018, 04:22:41 AM »
Explain how Analemma can occur over the span of a year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analemma

Offline Buran

• View Profile
Re: Analemma
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 05:01:57 AM »
This video pretty much sums up the flat earth belief that the analemma actually proves flat earth.

Nicole, show me schematics for "Flat Earth."

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 08:13:22 AM »
What an annoying video.
The Coriolis effect is proof of a rotating globe.

Also, the aforementioned Emma sounds fun...
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 08:36:08 AM »
I see the animation at 2:30 in that video shows a self illuminating moon.
So explain moon phases. And the fact that craters on the moon cast shadows which proves it is being lit from some light source.

If the first couple of minutes of the video are full of such gaping holes I'm not sure it's worth my time to watch the rest.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Buran

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 12:25:06 PM »
Don't shoot the messenger. He asked how the flat earth could explain the analemma and I found a YouTube video explaining their belief.

You do have to admit the beginning is kinda funny.
Nicole, show me schematics for "Flat Earth."