A new Flat Earth cosmological model (Celestial Ocean Theory)
« on: December 27, 2017, 04:29:01 PM »
Though I greatly admire the scientific theories we've developed here, I still believe there are some serious faults with our current cosmological model. I do not feel that stars or other celestial events are explored in any meaningful way, and many of our hypothesis are not consistent with Scripture. I have therefore devised a new cosmological model, the Celestial Ocean Theory, or COT. I have posted this before, but with all the new media attention we have received, I feel that an updated version is in order.

EXPLANATION:

The COT is unique as it presents a Celestial Ocean as the basis for our astronomical research. There exists a vast, spherical ocean which encapsulates the Flat Earth. This ocean is contained by the Firmament, a transparent wall which is supported by the Antarctic Ice Walls.
This Celestial Ocean is where the water of the Great Flood originated. The Floodgates of Heaven are parts of the Firmament which are weak, and prone to collapse. During the Great Flood, many of these floodgates opened. Sheol, the Hebrew Underworld referred to in the Old Testament, is below the Earth and the source of the Earth's internal heat. The Earth is supported by the biblical Pillars of the Earth, which stop it from collapsing into Sheol.

So how does this explain the stars? Simple: Sonoluminescence.
Sonoluminescence is the creation of light from sound waves in a liquid, caused by the rapid implosion of bubbles. This can be seen and demonstrated in a laboratory, and looks like this:

Looks familiar, yes? Stars are simply sonoluminescent spheres floating in the Celestial Ocean, which rotates to create the illusion of the Earth moving at night. They are created by soundwaves, which are in turn created by tectonic resonance originating in Sheol.

Now, I'd like to go more into the nature of the Firmament according to COT. You see, the stars are not embedded in the Firmament; the Firmament is simply a hard, glass-like material. This material is extremely strong, but brittle, and sometimes there are leaks in the Firmament. This can be proven by the existence of Serein (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serein_(meteorology), rain from cloudless skies. As of yet, the globeheads have no explanation for this phenomenon. I propose that tectonic resonance can cause the Firmament to weaken and shatter in places, causing rain without clouds.

How do I know this? Because pieces of the Firmament can be found on Earth in the form of Desert Glass. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan_desert_glass). This is a glass-like material sometimes found in the world's deserts, and the globeheads have no explanation for it either. It is quite clear to me what it is: Pieces of the Firmament. Because the Celestial Ocean swirls around (Making the stars move), it is logical for the Firmament to be the weakest where the Ocean moves the fastest, but also far from the Antarctic Ice Walls. As a result, pieces of the Firmament is usually only found in the tropics.

I will be happy to debate and take feedback, though I'm fairly certain I've gotten most of it right. If any of you have any other ideas, feel free to post.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
Re: A new Flat Earth cosmological model (Celestial Ocean Theory)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 04:57:19 PM »
Though I greatly admire the scientific theories we've developed here, I still believe there are some serious faults with our current cosmological model. I do not feel that stars or other celestial events are explored in any meaningful way, and many of our hypothesis are not consistent with Scripture. I have therefore devised a new cosmological model, the Celestial Ocean Theory, or COT. I have posted this before, but with all the new media attention we have received, I feel that an updated version is in order.

EXPLANATION:

The COT is unique as it presents a Celestial Ocean as the basis for our astronomical research. There exists a vast, spherical ocean which encapsulates the Flat Earth. This ocean is contained by the Firmament, a transparent wall which is supported by the Antarctic Ice Walls.
This Celestial Ocean is where the water of the Great Flood originated. The Floodgates of Heaven are parts of the Firmament which are weak, and prone to collapse. During the Great Flood, many of these floodgates opened. Sheol, the Hebrew Underworld referred to in the Old Testament, is below the Earth and the source of the Earth's internal heat. The Earth is supported by the biblical Pillars of the Earth, which stop it from collapsing into Sheol.

Sonoluminescence is the creation of light from sound waves in a liquid, caused by the rapid implosion of bubbles. This can be seen and demonstrated in a laboratory, and looks like this:

Looks familiar, yes? Stars are simply sonoluminescent spheres floating in the Celestial Ocean, which rotates to create the illusion of the Earth moving at night. They are created by soundwaves, which are in turn created by tectonic resonance originating in Sheol.

Now, I'd like to go more into the nature of the Firmament according to COT. You see, the stars are not embedded in the Firmament; the Firmament is simply a hard, glass-like material. This material is extremely strong, but brittle, and sometimes there are leaks in the Firmament. This can be proven by the existence of Serein (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serein_(meteorology), rain from cloudless skies. As of yet, the globeheads have no explanation for this phenomenon. I propose that tectonic resonance can cause the Firmament to weaken and shatter in places, causing rain without clouds.

How do I know this? Because pieces of the Firmament can be found on Earth in the form of Desert Glass. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan_desert_glass). This is a glass-like material sometimes found in the world's deserts, and the globeheads have no explanation for it either. It is quite clear to me what it is: Pieces of the Firmament. Because the Celestial Ocean swirls around (Making the stars move), it is logical for the Firmament to be the weakest where the Ocean moves the fastest, but also far from the Antarctic Ice Walls. As a result, pieces of the Firmament is usually only found in the tropics.

I will be happy to debate and take feedback, though I'm fairly certain I've gotten most of it right. If any of you have any other ideas, feel free to post.

Sonoluminescence cannot account for stars. The light emitted lasts for an incredibly short amount of time. (picoseconds) Further, the bubbles that create them are very small. The light emitted would not be visible across any distance. The stars follow a predictable pattern year after year. Popping bubbles would be random.

Beyond that, everything else you say is based on religious interpretation that is not accepted by any major religious groups. In other words, its a neat story you're telling, but it isn't based on any scientific or accepted religious thought.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 05:21:20 PM »

EXPLANATION:

Sonoluminescence cannot account for stars. The light emitted lasts for an incredibly short amount of time. (picoseconds) Further, the bubbles that create them are very small. The light emitted would not be visible across any distance. The stars follow a predictable pattern year after year. Popping bubbles would be random.

Beyond that, everything else you say is based on religious interpretation that is not accepted by any major religious groups. In other words, its a neat story you're telling, but it isn't based on any scientific or accepted religious thought.

Clearly, you have not heard of MBSL (Multi-Bubble Sonoluminescence), which generates numerous oscillating bubbles that create sustained lights. If we allow enough energy into the system, then sustained sonoluminescent lights capable of being seen from the surface of the Disc-World becomes not just possible, but likely. This energy is easily supplied by tectonic shifts and currents in the Celestial Ocean.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 05:55:54 PM »

EXPLANATION:

Clearly, you have not heard of MBSL (Multi-Bubble Sonoluminescence), which generates numerous oscillating bubbles that create sustained lights. If we allow enough energy into the system, then sustained sonoluminescent lights capable of being seen from the surface of the Disc-World becomes not just possible, but likely. This energy is easily supplied by tectonic shifts and currents in the Celestial Ocean.

For minutes, not millions of years. Also, the light from MBSL is weaker than SBSL. Further, that still doesn't explain the fact that the stars maintain regular cycles. There isn't anything random going on. Also, why don't we see this in the ocean?
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 06:56:57 PM »
Sonoluminescence is a phenomenon that occurs when a small gas bubble is acoustically suspended and periodically driven in a liquid solution at ultrasonic frequencies, resulting in bubble collapse, cavitation, and light emission, with a relatively 'bright' flash generating 1.50×10-12 W/nm2 of radiance. Typically in MBSL, the light emission from each individual bubble is weaker than in SBSL because the neighboring bubbles can interact and affect each other.

Even from your image, it can be seen that Sonoluminescence is very dim and very small. The camera is obviously very close and there maybe a significant amount of magnification. That just not enough photons to excite the retina from 3000+ miles (or light-years away), not to mention it would be well below the (about) 1 arc-minute limit of visual acuity at that distance.

P and S waves are generally limited to sub-sonic frequencies (less than 10Hz). So tectonic resonance is unlikely to be the required source of sound. Additionally, since the stars are relatively fixed in position, you would need a stable oscillator, which tectonic movement is not. An earthquake would wreak havoc, not just on the ground, but in the 'stars' as well.

The 'explanation' of Libyan desert glass being pieces of the firmament is also very non-sequester. Why is only found in the deserts of eastern Libya and western Egypt? I understand you're proposing the angular velocity of the swirling celestial ocean is the fastest between the tropics, thus being more likely for pieces to break off in those areas. This would suggest desert glass should be found everywhere between the Tropics. Why there isn't deserts glass found in Western Sahara, Morocco, Mauritania, Mali, Algeria, Tunisia, Niger, Chad, Sudan, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Madagascar, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, India, Southern China, Australia, Mexico, Texas, Chile and Argentina (and most places in-between).

If Serein is caused by holes in this firmament, why does it stop? Is this firmament also self-sealing, despite being brittle and glass-like? How does not fully shatter if one section does? (Try breaking just a little section of a window) Even if it's, like, laminated firmament, it seems almost any crack is going to spread (like in a car windshield).

Hmmm

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 07:14:57 PM »
FLAT_IS_TRUTH, How do you know,
 if what you see up there in the sky are not hovering or projected "plasmaholograms" ??

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :o ???

(...)
my reply to "What are stars?" topic
my reply to "THE SUN :)" topic
"Is THIS the sun/moon/stars/planets?" topic
(...)

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 10:15:46 PM »
FLAT_IS_TRUTH, How do you know,
 if what you see up there in the sky are not hovering or projected "plasmaholograms" ??

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :o ???

(...)
my reply to "What are stars?" topic
my reply to "THE SUN :)" topic
"Is THIS the sun/moon/stars/planets?" topic
(...)

I do not. That is the nature of deistic solipsism. One of the key tenets of Flat Earth Theory (FET, or alternative hypothesis the likes of Celestian Ocean Theory, COT) is to abolish truth as a concept and tool of graspable knowledge and instead reconstruct a new non-material theory which uses deductive reasoning to construct a reality which is as close to the hallucination produced by our brains which we refer to as the construct of reality. There is no such thing as set truth, there is only our electrochemical signals which create a virtual reality within our consciousness which is a rough approximation of the material world. As a result, the human mind becomes susceptible to lies and deceit and manipulation, something which NASA and other pro-globe organizations and states benefit from.

Hmmm

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 11:14:06 PM »
(...)
a reality which is as close to the hallucination produced by our brains which we refer to as the construct of reality. There is no such thing as set truth, there is only our electrochemical signals which create a virtual reality within our consciousness which is a rough approximation of the material world. (...)
FLAT_IS_TRUTH, this reminded me of 'Absolute self Theory':
i think and believe that, this whole reality we experience right now is probably a highly-sophisticated, multi-layered illusion, "Maya" of God itself...
...It's like God is "drug-addicted" to this illusionary reality perhaps...Or not?...

my reply to "Free Will disproved" topic
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 07:19:47 AM by Hmmm »

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 08:55:40 AM »
One of the key tenets of Flat Earth Theory is to abolish truth as a concept and tool of graspable knowledge and instead reconstruct a new non-material theory which uses deductive reasoning to construct a reality which is as close to the hallucination produced by our brains which we refer to as the construct of reality.

I don’t think that’s a key tenant of FE, you’re all alone in that.  (I must say though, it is highly amusing that the person who chose for himself/herself the username “flat is TRUTH” also wants to abolish TRUTH as a concept.)
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 04:48:53 PM »
Don't you mean hypothesis?

Or perhaps conjecture?

Or maybe imagination?