LoveScience

Age and formation of the flat Earth
« on: November 27, 2018, 09:26:53 PM »
I have been scrutinising the Wiki and FAQ pages but I cannot find a specific part which accounts for how or when the Earth was formed according to FET. I wonder if someone could either point me to the relevant section.

Also under Physics and Cosmology it is inferred that FET acknowledges that the other planets are round. The Earth and planets were all formed from an accretion disk that formed around the Sun so it is entirely reasonable to conclude that the Earth formed at the same time and in the same way as the other planets. So how come the Earth formed as a flat plane while all the other planets formed round?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:45:36 PM by LoveScience »

LoveScience

Re: Age and formation of the flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 11:00:51 PM »
Browsing through a few other websites containing interviews with FES members, it seems that FET currently cannot explain how the Earth was formed.  Perhaps that is why there have been no replies to my question. If true then that would mean that FET is trailing behind RET on a rather key topic.

I would be interested to hear from anyone on the FE side with some theories on the topic of Earth formation. Needless to say the Earth exists so it follows that it was formed at some point in the past!

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 01:32:18 AM »
We are empericists, not Copernican Disney writers. The matter is unknown.

LoveScience

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 07:49:55 AM »
Not sure what a 'Disney writer' is exactly but surely an explanation of how the Earth was formed should be a part of any creditable Earth theory, round or flat.  Is it a case of what cannot be explained doesn't matter?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 07:53:23 AM by LoveScience »

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 02:08:26 PM »
Not sure what a 'Disney writer' is exactly but surely an explanation of how the Earth was formed should be a part of any creditable Earth theory, round or flat.  Is it a case of what cannot be explained doesn't matter?

It took a long time and a lot of brainpower to come up with theories how the earth actually formed. FET seems to be quite young with lots of unanswered questions. I think the problem is not the lack of scientists but that any scientist will conclude without doubt that the earth is sperical after enough research. In the end there is no one left to explore such things as the origin of a flat earth.
So it must not matter because it cannot be explained with sufficient evidence.

Offline JRowe

• Slowly being driven insane by RE nonsense
    • View Profile
    • Dual Earth Theory
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 03:02:15 PM »
So how come the Earth formed as a flat plane while all the other planets formed round?
The easiest way to imagine this is with a flow of some liquid, like water. Uninterrupted it is simple, predictable; insert any large object into that flow and it will still be predictable, but the nature of the flow changes thanks to the presence of what is there. The Earth formed first (as any flat surface would form: at the meeting between two opposed forces) and its existence altered what could happen around it, by altering the flow.

That's the simple version at least, and the more generally applicable one. It's easier than going into the intricacies.
My DE model explained here.
Open to questions, but if you're curious start there rather than expecting me to explain it all from scratch every time.

LoveScience

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 10:47:43 AM »
Trying very hard but I can't visualise that I'm sorry.  A free flowing river of water yes no problem.  Place a few boulders in the river and that alters the flow pattern of the water and creates little eddies or vortexs I can see that as well. Happens with all rapidly flowing rivers.

But a meeting between two opposed forces... not getting that.  I know Newtons 3rd law of course (action force = reaction force) but I can't see a connection between that and how the Earth formed. Did the Earth form before the 'river' or as a result of it.