Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: How does FE think that GPS works?
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2017, 08:50:23 PM »
If you search the Wiki for "GPS" you get exactly one page: https://wiki.tfes.org/Space_Travel - which contains four broken links and nothing else.
Interesting, you've found an old orphaned page. Nothing links to it, and it links to nowhere, so I've now removed it.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2017, 08:54:00 PM »
If you search the Wiki for "GPS" you get exactly one page: https://wiki.tfes.org/Space_Travel - which contains four broken links and nothing else.
Interesting, you've found an old orphaned page. Nothing links to it, and it links to nowhere, so I've now removed it.

Thanks, we'd like to send you a Holiday Gift, is there a way we can locate you now?
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2017, 08:54:38 PM »
inquisitive

I don't work for the .gov, they are lucky I pay my taxes, otherwise don't call me and I won't call you type thing.

Now I did work at a covert CIA office for a short time, kinda spooky if you ask me. Then I sued the bastards for rippin off the little guy, made em return damn near $100mm. Fuckers won't forget me anytime soon.

Like Junker, I'm doing Gods work.....
So you can't provide technical details of how GPS works.

It's similar to the gyro in airplanes made by one .gov contractor. A need to know only type thang. You need, I'm satisfied with there are no satellites.
If I'm making an app for a phone where do I find the data output format?

I assume you are OK with satellites for TV reception as the dish angle proves their location.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 09:00:36 PM by inquisitive »

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2017, 09:01:31 PM »
inquisitive

I don't work for the .gov, they are lucky I pay my taxes, otherwise don't call me and I won't call you type thing.

Now I did work at a covert CIA office for a short time, kinda spooky if you ask me. Then I sued the bastards for rippin off the little guy, made em return damn near $100mm. Fuckers won't forget me anytime soon.

It's similar to the gyro in airplanes made by one .gov contractor. A need to know only type thang. You need, I'm satisfied with there are no satellites.

Call Walmart they pretty much sell everything, they are connected if you know what I mean :)

But seriously check with Harold over in New Acct's software sales .gov GPS/com if he isn't in he could be testing his latest over at Cern research tunnel, specifically "dark matters"
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2017, 09:08:31 PM »
inquisitive

I assume you are OK with satellites for TV reception as the dish angle proves their location.

I haven't paid for tv or watched it in 10 years. Now I think you could be wrong about this. I would expect they are given a specific area of the sky to send and receive digital packets from the .gov. I've already provided links to technical data available about picking these streams or grabbing them from the skywave or groundwave. All packets are identified with numbers so to make an area specific for a company is very reasonable for potential packet loss, causing jitter, delays ect. Again no sats, one can pic up these signals either going up or bouncing back down.

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2017, 09:20:42 PM »
inquisitive

I haven't paid for tv or watched it in 10 years. Now I think you could be wrong about this. I would expect they are given a specific area of the sky to send and receive digital packets from the .gov. I've already provided links to technical data available about picking these streams or grabbing them from the skywave or groundwave. All packets are identified with numbers so to make an area specific for a company is very reasonable for potential packet loss, causing jitter, delays ect. Again no sats, one can pic up these signals either going up or bouncing back down.
Totally untrue, but if you think you are correct then please provide links to technical documentation.  Satellite dish alignment has to be very precise, dishes point to locations over the equator, as you know.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2017, 09:24:22 PM »
Nice try qeek, the tech is waaaay past your puny little muscles. They can pinpoint a gnat on horses ass halfway around the globe if the horse farts a couple good times.

As usual, an impressive point-by-point technical rebuttal of my argument, just as we've come to expect from you.

Really, you go to all the trouble to post all of that detail about HF signals - and when I point out that it's all complete twaddle - you have to resort to...actually...I don't even know what it is.  Humor?  Eh...not really.   Insults?  I think I've heard better.   Certainly not a shred of logical debate.   No sense whatever that you have half-a-clue about what you're posting here.

If you knew what you were talking about the first time - you'd be able to tell me - in some detail - why I was mistaken - but you can't.

Bottom line - YOU DON'T KNOW - and we all know that you don't know - and you know that we know that.

You can't even dispute one tiny fact from my careful rebuttal can you?

Oh - wait!   I think I hear more lame insults coming...Ohhhh! Ooohh!  He's going to deliberately mis-spell my username...Wow - the intellectual highlight of my day!
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2017, 11:05:24 PM »
Nice try qeek, the tech is waaaay past your puny little muscles. They can pinpoint a gnat on horses ass halfway around the globe if the horse farts a couple good times.

As usual, an impressive point-by-point technical rebuttal of my argument, just as we've come to expect from you.

This thread started not to explain GPS, but to question how FE types think it works, since we all know it does actually work. And I think we have all seen the answer. Anything that questions their FE belief must be trivialized, mis-directed, or answered with completely made up bullshit. With just a little sprinkle of evil conspiracy.

Is anything going to change the mind of the ardent FE believer, as this point I have to think not. But anyone with an actual open mind should be able to learn from this type of exchange.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2017, 11:06:33 PM »
The RE peeps around here are just not up with the times and the tech.

GPS is DONE WITH HIGH FREQUENCY BAND which has been around since 1920

Go buy your fleet a system to monitor your peeps.

https://at-communication.com/en/hf_ssb_gps_internav/codan/hf_ssb_gps.html

HF GPS Tracking
Using GPS, Codan’s High Frequency (HF) technology now provides a viable and cost-effective option for managing:

The GPS system can be configured so that the base station keeps track of the current location of all of the transceivers in a network.

As HF transmissions are free to air, the technology offers considerable price advantages over satellite communications systems, which usually charge a time-based fee.
    In addition to lower ongoing costs, an HF GPS system will invariably involve lower start-up costs when compared with a satellite based system.
======
Why Lord? Why am I forced to play with retards? Can I at least have an intelligent conversation once in a while? Please and TY Amen

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2017, 11:19:30 PM »
I'm sorry they are just coo coo birds.

Pinpointing covert HF transmitters worldwide is goal of HFGeo signals intelligence program

WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB, Ohio-Signals intelligence (SIGINT) experts at the U.S. Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA) are enlisting the help of two U.S. defense companies to develop technologies to detect and pinpoint high-frequency (HF) radar and communications systems anywhere in the world.

Systems & Technology Research LLC in Winchester, Mass., and the Northrop Grumman Corp. Information Systems segment in Chantilly, Va., are developing antennas and signal processing to locate radar and communications systems that rely on HF signals, which is particularly difficult to do.

http://www.militaryaerospace.com/articles/print/volume-23/issue-09/news/news/pinpointing-covert-hf-transmitters-worldwide-is-goal-of-hfgeo-signals-intelligence-program.html

Navy asks Raytheon to operate and maintain ROTHR over-the-horizon surveillance radar

The ROTHR over-the-horizon radar uses high-frequency radar waves that bounce off a layer of the atmosphere called the ionosphere to provide long-range over-the-horizon radar coverage.

http://www.militaryaerospace.com/articles/2016/04/long-range-surveillance-radar.html

The .gov is using HF why? No Sats exist is why....

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2017, 11:28:29 PM »

HF GPS Tracking
Using GPS, Codan’s High Frequency (HF) technology now provides a viable and cost-effective option for managing:

The GPS system can be configured so that the base station keeps track of the current location of all of the transceivers in a network.

As HF transmissions are free to air, the technology offers considerable price advantages over satellite communications systems, which usually charge a time-based fee.
More of the same. You really should just hang it up. I guess you did a Google search and found a page with both "GPS" and "HF" and then immediately posted it.

Posting links to articles you don't understand doesn't help your case.

Here is a quote from that page that you seemed to skip over
The Global Positioning System (GPS) consists of a network of satellite transmitters in orbit around the earth. Each of the satellites continuously broadcasts a reference signal. A ground-based GPS receiver can accurately determine its position on the earth if it receives a signal from three these GPS satellites.

Do you notice any similarities with that explanation to what I and others have posted? Does that tell you anything? It should.

Why do you use reference material that contradicts your core belief?

But the bottom line is this. The product they advertise isn't GPS. It is a product that uses HF radio to track vehicles, cargo, and other things that have GPS receivers. They are devices that take coordinates from a GPS receiver and transmit them, using HF, to a central (or base) station.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2017, 11:30:20 PM »
Navy asks Raytheon to operate and maintain ROTHR over-the-horizon surveillance radar

Why does the Navy have an interest in over the horizon radar? Because the Earth is round.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2017, 11:38:07 PM »

HF GPS Tracking

More of the same. You really should just hang it up. I guess you did a Google search and found a page with both "GPS" and "HF" and then immediately posted it.

Posting links to articles you don't understand doesn't help your case.

Here is a quote from that page that you seemed to skip over
The Global Positioning System (GPS) consists of a network of satellite transmitters in orbit around the earth. Each of the satellites continuously broadcasts a reference signal. A ground-based GPS receiver can accurately determine its position on the earth if it receives a signal from three these GPS satellites.

Do you notice any similarities with that explanation to what I and others have posted? Does that tell you anything? It should.

Why do you use reference material that contradicts your core belief?

But the bottom line is this. The product they advertise isn't GPS. It is a product that uses HF radio to track vehicles, cargo, and other things that have GPS receivers. They are devices that take coordinates from a GPS receiver and transmit them, using HF, to a central (or base) station.

Only a mtn man who never leaves the cave doesn't understand GPS and Radar are virtually the same thing. And this company is offering an alternative to spending big bucks on Sats that don't exist. There paying for sats and getting towers, balloons, repeaters and HF.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2017, 11:40:14 PM »

Why does the Navy have an interest in over the horizon radar? Because the Earth is round.

That doesn't answer it, if these sats are up there, 1,000's of them, command a few and have the best GPS surveillance in the world. Why even bother with HF? You can't answer that but I can, there's a dome silly and the earth is a pancake.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2017, 11:46:16 PM »

Only a mtn man who never leaves the cave doesn't understand GPS and Radar are virtually the same thing. And this company is offering an alternative to spending big bucks on Sats that don't exist. There paying for sats and getting towers, balloons, repeaters and HF.
Have to try and post quickly before you suspend me.

GPS and radar both use electromagnetic radiation, AKA radio waves. That is where their similarity ends.

BTW, here is another quote from that companie's website
To operate GPS via HF you will need

Mobile station

Codan HF transceiver NGT AR, NGT AR Voice, NGT SR fitted with Option GPS
GPS receiver with NMEA-0183 compatible output format
See, their website, which you referenced, says you still need a GPS receiver. Case closed.

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2017, 11:47:56 PM »

That doesn't answer it, if these sats are up there, 1,000's of them, command a few and have the best GPS surveillance in the world. Why even bother with HF? You can't answer that but I can, there's a dome silly and the earth is a pancake.
Let's ask this question a different way.

Why would the U.S. Navy have an interest in over the horizon radar if the Earth was flat?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2017, 12:10:27 AM »

Have to try and post quickly before you suspend me.

GPS and radar both use electromagnetic radiation, AKA radio waves. That is where their similarity ends.

BTW, here is another quote from that companie's website
To operate GPS via HF you will need

Mobile station

Codan HF transceiver NGT AR, NGT AR Voice, NGT SR fitted with Option GPS
GPS receiver with NMEA-0183 compatible output format
See, their website, which you referenced, says you still need a GPS receiver. Case closed.

Not so fast cave dweller. That has nothing to do with the GPS receiver making contact with a Sat. Here's a link to the product and on page 45 you will see this as what it is for. To pinpoint your distance from a remote transceiver.

"If you have Option GPS Enable installed, and a GPS receiver
connected, you can view your own position, and the distance
and bearing to a remote transceiver from which you have
received a position."

"The transceiver calculates the distance to the remote
transceiver and its bearing from true north with respect to your current location." In this example it was 1832km, obviously not a sat.

https://kupdf.com/downloadFile/597da733dc0d60cb062bb181?preview=1

Heres a video of HF GPS

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2017, 01:39:41 AM »

HF GPS Tracking

These systems USE the UHF GPS signal to MONITOR where their HF radio nodes are physically located.   This isn't "How GPS works" - it's "One tiny application of GPS".

Your cellphone doesn't have a 5 meter antenna - so it doesn't use HF radio.

That isn't remotely what that company does.   Why don't you actually READ what you linked to?
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline gizmo910

• Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2017, 02:11:30 AM »

Are we just brushing off the fact jman just referenced a round globe?
Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

;)

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2017, 02:20:13 AM »

"If you have Option GPS Enable installed, and a GPS receiver
connected
, you can view your own position, and the distance
and bearing to a remote transceiver from which you have
received a position."
(Emphasis mine)

What part of "and a GPS receiver connected" do you not understand?