Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
Re: Supes' Must-Listen-To List (Recommend me albums!)
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2014, 08:59:20 PM »
Bauhaus - In the Flat Field

Ghost of V

« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2014, 08:59:45 PM »
Bauhaus - In the Flat Field

I support this.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2014, 10:43:10 PM »
Yo, what would you suggest to someone who listens to a lot of Kanye West?

I wouldn't ask for music recommendations from anyone who has Flyleaf on their "must listen to" list.

Just saying.

Do you understand how this thread works
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Ghost of V

« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2014, 11:35:29 PM »
Is that a question?

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2014, 11:51:38 PM »
Yes. I rarely add anything to the list, it's 95% suggestions. I've never heard Flyleaf before, someone told me to listen to them so it was put on the list.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2014, 04:12:57 AM »
Frank Zappa - Italian Debris

Don't forget Italian Debris II. I actually prefer it to the first one; it flows better, has better selections and is better produced.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2014, 07:23:40 PM »
Sorry I do not listen to non-free music.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2014, 06:41:01 PM »
A note for Snupes that I listened to those albums we talked about.  Well, I've finished one, and I'm halfway through the other, so get started with The Clash nao.  I command it.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2014, 08:38:04 PM »
A note for Snupes that I listened to those albums we talked about.  Well, I've finished one, and I'm halfway through the other, so get started with The Clash nao.  I command it.
Well?
The Mastery.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2014, 09:04:35 AM »
Well?
Come on. I want to know what you thought about Kveldssanger.
The Mastery.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2014, 04:09:47 PM »
It was all right.  I kind of wish it had been more of a conventional song structure, because it had some nice acoustic melodies, but they all just seemed to abruptly stop after a minute or so and then just start again, except with chanting or something.  I guess this neofolk stuff isn't really for me.  I preferred Tago Mago, or at least the first part of it.  About halfway through, it started going all noise music-y, which kind of grated on me.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2014, 04:37:31 PM »
I see.
The Mastery.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2014, 03:31:25 AM »
The Clash - The Clash: Well, I'll start this off by saying that I've been looking forward to this, and as soon as the album started I...was...really disappointed. “Janie Jones” was okay, but it was pretty boring...then it went to “Remote Control” and it...was...well, still just pretty good. I was sad to find the album missing that spark that I love in punk music, and sad to be disappointed by another older album. Then “I'm So Bored with the U.S.A.” happened and from then on the album was fucking wonderful, to say the least. There were parts that were less awesome, but I can safely say that, from that point on, I was pretty enthralled, especially the more they experimented and manipulated the harsher elements of punk, sometimes mixing it with other genres.”What's My Name?” was the first “oh wow” moment, I think. “Police & Thieves”, however, almost blew my mind. It would easily be my favourite, but I'll admit I was disappointed to find out it wasn't even their song. Granted, it's their unique interpretation of it, but I think it was more impressive thinking it was born solely of their own artistry. It's still amazing and possibly my favourite song on the album, but now much more of a toss-up. My favourite songs are, in no real order, “What's My Name?” (which was great), “London's Burning” (which is delightfully punk and awesome), “Career Opportunities” (which is both great musically and lyrically relevant still), “Police & Thieves” (the guitar-work of which tickles my eardrums in a happy way) and “Garageland” (which is surprisingly pretty and probably the perfect closer to the album). As I mentioned in IRC as I listened, I really like how The Clash know to keep their songs only as long as necessary, rather than extending them with more choruses and bridges and choruses and such. I wish less artists were scared to only have their songs be a minute and a half or two minutes, 'cause too many songs suffer from this problem and could be much improved by being trimmed like hell. These songs are just exactly as long as they need to be, and benefit wonderfully from it. So yes, this was awesome and I will be listening more. Your best recommendation yet, Saddam. :P

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2014, 03:35:17 AM »
The Clash - The Clash: Well, I'll start this off by saying that I've been looking forward to this, and as soon as the album started I...was...really disappointed. “Janie Jones” was okay, but it was pretty boring...then it went to “Remote Control” and it...was...well, still just pretty good. I was sad to find the album missing that spark that I love in punk music, and sad to be disappointed by another older album. Then “I'm So Bored with the U.S.A.” happened and from then on the album was fucking wonderful, to say the least. There were parts that were less awesome, but I can safely say that, from that point on, I was pretty enthralled, especially the more they experimented and manipulated the harsher elements of punk, sometimes mixing it with other genres.”What's My Name?” was the first “oh wow” moment, I think. “Police & Thieves”, however, almost blew my mind. It would easily be my favourite, but I'll admit I was disappointed to find out it wasn't even their song. Granted, it's their unique interpretation of it, but I think it was more impressive thinking it was born solely of their own artistry. It's still amazing and possibly my favourite song on the album, but now much more of a toss-up. My favourite songs are, in no real order, “What's My Name?” (which was great), “London's Burning” (which is delightfully punk and awesome), “Career Opportunities” (which is both great musically and lyrically relevant still), “Police & Thieves” (the guitar-work of which tickles my eardrums in a happy way) and “Garageland” (which is surprisingly pretty and probably the perfect closer to the album). As I mentioned in IRC as I listened, I really like how The Clash know to keep their songs only as long as necessary, rather than extending them with more choruses and bridges and choruses and such. I wish less artists were scared to only have their songs be a minute and a half or two minutes, 'cause too many songs suffer from this problem and could be much improved by being trimmed like hell. These songs are just exactly as long as they need to be, and benefit wonderfully from it. So yes, this was awesome and I will be listening more. Your best recommendation yet, Saddam. :P

It's not really that good.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2014, 05:22:04 AM »
I'm surprised you didn't like "Janie Jones".  It's my favorite song on the album.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2014, 05:34:25 AM »
It's not really that good.

Well, I guess it's no surprise that an album you don't think is that great turns out to be something wonderful. I should start listening to more albums you think are just good and less that you actually recommend. :]

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2014, 02:01:07 PM »
That was a joke.  You were supposed to get all mad and yell "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU JERK!"  But seriously, I'm glad you liked it so much!  If you are going to listen to them more, though, make sure you avoid their final album, Cut the Crap.  It's basically their equivalent of Creedence's Mardi Gras, a miserable end to a fine band.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2014, 03:02:25 PM »
It's basically their equivalent of Creedence's Mardi Gras, a miserable end to a fine band.

Or Pink Floyd's The Division Bell.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2014, 03:03:36 PM »
I guess I'll bite:

Elliott Smith - Self-titled or Either/Or

Heatmiser - Mic City Sons

Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be

Brand New - Deja Entendu

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D. City

Schoolboy Q - Oxymoron

A$AP Ferg - Trap Lord

Earl Sweatshirt - Doris

Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2014, 03:47:31 PM »
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
You're not even trying at this point, are you?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume