Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
Re: No Religion= Peace
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2017, 02:21:59 PM »
Could you please stop linking to some other website in lieu of arguing your points yourself? We're debating you, not the author of those posts.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Rama Set

« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2017, 02:22:34 PM »
DNA is just matter

... follow the science Gost ..
apply the intelligence to whomsoever you will ... sorry, but mindless undirected random chance need not apply

900-878

You have misunderstood evolution.  It is neither random nor undirected.

Offline Boodidlie

• God is sovereign and I'm just along for the ride
    • View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2017, 03:16:20 PM »
Could you please stop linking to some other website in lieu of arguing your points yourself?
We're debating you, not the author of those posts.

lol ... aww ya killn me :) ... please don't hate me cause I'm informative :(

We're debating you < bring it on Bitch

evolution.  It is neither random nor undirected < so you admit there is intelligence involved ?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 03:24:50 PM by Boodidlie »
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

Rama Set

« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2017, 03:36:22 PM »

evolution.  It is neither random nor undirected < so you admit there is intelligence involved ?

Why would you think that?  All I admitted was that evolution is neither random nor undirected.  You shouldn't put words in people's mouths. 

Like any reasonable person, I do not claim to know for sure if there is a higher power at work in the universe.  I can tell you a couple of things about the idea though: it is not necessary for evolution, it is not a testable scientific theory. 

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2017, 03:43:32 PM »
I do not claim to know for sure if there is a higher power at work in the universe

follow the science

evolution, it is not a testable scientific theory

thank you very much
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 03:45:11 PM by Boodidlie »
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2017, 03:46:11 PM »
Could you please stop linking to some other website in lieu of arguing your points yourself?
We're debating you, not the author of those posts.

lol ... aww ya killn me :) ... please don't hate me cause I'm informative :(

We're debating you < bring it on Bitch

Evolution is as directed and organised as the Mississippi River. Environmental pressures drive both the survival of organisms and the flow of water through the riverbed.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2017, 03:52:53 PM »
Evolution is as directed and organised as the Mississippi River

some one please show this man the difference between (Earth driven) patterns and the complexity of DNA code (stored information) .... Gost you're not even in the ballpark

.. keep trying though

What's worse than being blind is having eyes and unwilling to see .... Helen Keller < indeed If the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness ... Jesus

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 04:22:50 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2017, 04:24:04 PM »
Evolution is as directed and organised as the Mississippi River

some one please show this man the difference between (Earth driven) patterns and the complexity of DNA code (stored information) .... Gost you're not even in the ballpark

.. keep trying though

What's worse than being blind is having eyes and unwilling to see .... Helen Keller < indeed If the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness ... Jesus
Evolution (and by such DNA) is, by your definition, an earth driven pattern.

Evolution states that genes that benefit survival are passed on simply because they survive.  Thus, nature driven pattern:
If you live, you have kids.  If Gene X helps you live, your kids have Gene X.  They have better chance of living.  Pass until all the weak genes are weeded out or Gene X is very strong.

Repeat until species is extinct.

Also remember: Evolution is not ambiogenesis.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2017, 05:39:24 PM »
Evolution (and by such DNA) is, by your definition, an earth driven pattern < um, no .... not at all

dirt and water are matter alone .... does dirt or water (earth driven patterns) have the ability to reproduce itself ?? .... Y/N

Just as the Gettysburg address was written with ink and paper (matter alone) YOU have to explain how the letters / symbols
were able to ARRANGE and PLACE themselves in order to deliver an intelligent concept / communication (write-read / speak-listen)
 .... non-intelligence delivering intelligence ?? < you explain
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 05:51:07 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2017, 05:50:51 PM »

Why would you think that?  All I admitted was that evolution is neither random nor undirected.  You shouldn't put words in people's mouths.

I'm sorry, in what sense can something be directed without something directing it? ???
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2017, 05:53:22 PM »
I'm sorry, in what sense can something be directed without something directing it? ???

something or someONE directing it ??? ??? < you got me

All I admitted was that evolution is neither random nor undirected.  You shouldn't put words in people's mouths.
You have misunderstood evolution.  It is neither random nor undirected

your exact quote
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:07:26 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2017, 06:16:17 PM »
Evolution (and by such DNA) is, by your definition, an earth driven pattern < um, no .... not at all

dirt and water are matter alone .... does dirt or water (earth driven patterns) have the ability to reproduce itself ?? .... Y/N
DNA does not have the ability to reproduce itself.  Not sure why that's a criteria. 

Just as the Gettysburg address was written with ink and paper (matter alone) YOU have to explain how the letters / symbols
were able to ARRANGE and PLACE themselves in order to deliver an intelligent concept / communication (write-read / speak-listen)
 .... non-intelligence delivering intelligence ?? < you explain
What makes it intelligent?  That YOU can read it?  What about someone who can't read it?  Someone who looks at it as just a bunch of lines and cruves on a piece of paper?  Is it still intelligent?

If you do not understand the message, how do you know it's a message at all?

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2017, 06:27:27 PM »
DNA does not have the ability to reproduce itself

um, yeah, it kinda does ... the DNA INSTRUCTS / DIRECTS the (living) cell how to operate / maintain / repair and duplicate itself

go get some education concerning the complexity of DNA and its biological s e q u e n c e ... we might continue the conversation ... later dude :)

999-900-878
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 01:05:26 PM by Boodidlie »

Rama Set

« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2017, 07:24:30 PM »

The evolutionary process has forces directing it.  What gave you the impression I thought otherwise?

All I admitted was that evolution is neither random nor undirected.  You shouldn't put words in people's mouths.
You have misunderstood evolution.  It is neither random nor undirected

your exact quote

Yeah, exactly.  I never mentioned intelligence being involved, yet you pounced on me as if I had.  Maybe you are having trouble understanding me?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2017, 08:09:27 PM »
DNA does not have the ability to reproduce itself

um, yeah, it kinda does ... the DNA INSTRUCTS / DIRECTS the (living) cell how to operate / maintain / repair and duplicate itself

go get some education concerning the complexity of DNA and its biological s e q u e n c e ... we might continue the conversation ... later dude :)
I bolded the relevant part for ya.
DNA does not replicate itself anymore than a blueprint of a building copies itself.  You said yourself, DNA tells something else how to make more DNA.  It can not self replicate.  Put DNA in a petri dish with nutrients and it won't do anything. 

And if you want to claim it does because something else is the builder following the blueprint then I will submit that a single celled organism with no intelligence is identical to a human reading a blueprint of a building when it comes to replication.  In which case, intelligence is not required.  A single cell can't think.  It can't read intelligently.  All it can do is follow chemistry and physics.  The arrangement of atoms and matter as they interact with molecules.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2017, 08:40:25 PM »

The evolutionary process has forces directing it.  What gave you the impression I thought otherwise?

I'm still confused. You're saying these forces act with intent, yet are not intelligent? Can you explain how that works exactly?

Actually the word "random" implies lack of intent. Which means that something that isn't random does have intent behind it. How does that work without intelligence being involved?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 08:46:18 PM by Roundy »
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2017, 08:45:14 PM »

I'm still confused. You're saying these forces act with intent, yet are not intelligent? Can you explain how that works exactly?
Wouldn't instinct be an intent without intelligence?

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2017, 08:47:42 PM »

Wouldn't instinct be an intent without intelligence?

No.

Rama Set

« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2017, 03:22:31 AM »

No that is not what I am saying.

Actually the word "random" implies lack of intent. Which means that something that isn't random does have intent behind it. How does that work without intelligence being involved?

The word random does not imply intent, it implies a lack of predictability, at least in the context I am using it.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2017, 09:32:48 PM »

You  ask the question;

Well, Yes.

Crystals do just that, and clay in particular is able to seed itself by wind born dust to suitable areas for regrowth. Clays are also interesting in the way they can catalyse proto-organic molecules providing a structure where they can replicate.

The study of montmorillonite clay, by Martin Hanczyc, Shelly Fujikawa and Jack Szostak at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, revealed it can sharply accelerate the formation of membranous fluid-filled sacs.

These vesicles also grow and undergo a simple form of division, giving them the properties of primitive cells. Previous work has shown that the same simple mineral can help assemble the genetic material RNA from simpler chemicals. “Interestingly, the clay also gets internalised in the vesicles,” says Leslie Orgel, an origin of life expert at the Salk Institute for Biological Sciences in San Diego, California. “So this work is quite nice in that it finds a connection between the mechanism that creates RNA and encloses it in a membrane.” (New Scientist 23rd October 2003)

The clay would act as a surrogate “cell”, as RNA like molecules have been created spontaneously in conditions that probably existed on the primordial earth, it is conceivable that this may have been the way life started, randomly and without intelligence.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.