From the flat earth WIKI:  “The Conspiracy is the blanket term most commonly used by proponents of Zeteticism to refer to the active faking of space travel.”  Pete, it is a widely known fact that you are skeptical of this “conspiracy”.

I’m wondering, how do you reconcile that skepticism with your flat earth world view?  I’m mean, without the conspiracy as a foundation; doesn’t the flat earth hypothesis collapse?
  • If there is no space travel conspiracy, then there is no space travel cover-up, then there is no faking of space travel, then space travel is real, then humans have been to space and have seen the real shape of the earth.
  • If humans have seen the real shape of the earth as flat but continually report the shape of the earth is round, this could only mean that space agencies and space travelers must be lying.
  • If space agencies and space travelers are lying about the real shape of the earth, then the conspiracy is not about faking space travel, it instead becomes a conspiracy about faking space observations.
Either way, we still have a conspiracy, we still have a cover up.  Isn’t this conspiracy, this cover up, a foundational tenant of flat earth theory?  Please explain either way.

Perhaps you can help clarify your position on the matter by answering a few questions:
(I’m not trying to be facetious or start an argument, just honestly interested in your personal take on these subjects of which I’m not familiar on your stance).
1)   Do you believe rockets have ever been in to space?
2)   Do you believe humans have ever been in to space?
3)   Do you believe satellites orbit/circle the earth (flat or otherwise) from space?
4)   Do you believe any camera has ever captured the real shape of the earth?
5)   Do you believe humans have ever seen the real shape of the earth?
6)   Do you believe NASA fakes its photos of the round earth?
7)   Do you believe NASA is actively faking its space travel?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:35:25 PM by Voltare »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
You appear to really struggle with the idea of uncertainty. You also mistake skepticism for something else, though I'm not entirely clear what. I'm afraid explaining such concepts to you is completely outside of my interests.

this could only mean that space agencies and space travelers must be lying.
You're also extremely quick to call people liars, despite your inability to back your assertion up.

Also, there is no need for you to create three threads about your confusion with this subject. I'm locking this, you're welcome to stick to your other thread.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:03:10 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume