Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: More fake moon landing proof.
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2020, 02:25:40 PM »
That does not change the fact that gas expelled into a vacuum does 0 work.
OK.
And now all you have to do is show a link from a credible scientist who agrees with you that this means that rockets don't work in space.
Can you just post it when you find it so I can have a look. Thanks.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

totallackey

« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2020, 04:22:57 PM »
OK.
And now all you have to do is show a link from a credible scientist who agrees with you that this means that rockets don't work in space.
If you read my posts, I have written that rockets don't work in a vacuum.

All scientists agree with this.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2020, 04:27:23 PM »

Sorry, not a credible answer. Nobody will believe you have spoken with them all.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

totallackey

« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2020, 04:28:57 PM »

Sorry, not a credible answer. Nobody will believe you have spoken with them all.
I don't need to speak with all of them.

Who said I did?

You know, it's like the kangaroos...I don't need to see one in Australia to know that 0 scientists disagree with free expansion of gas into a vacuum.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2020, 04:44:05 PM »
OK.

Great. All I've asked for is a link to an article by a credible scientist saying that rockets don't work in a vacuum.
If they all agree with it then that shouldn't be too hard to find.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

totallackey

« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2020, 04:54:42 PM »
OK.

Great. All I've asked for is a link to an article by a credible scientist saying that rockets don't work in a vacuum.
If they all agree with it then that shouldn't be too hard to find.
All I have posted here is the sheer science of the matter.

You have posted a video of a guy who is tapping on a malfunctioning gauge (with no real rocket in sight, by the way) as evidence rockets do work in a vacuum. When asked for a scientific paper concerning proper protocol for the amount of force to be applied to each tap and the number of taps to be administered to a malfunctioning gauge, the answer is...

Nothing in response.

In addition, you posted a video of a guy who had mounted two model rocket engines inside what is purported to be a vacuum chamber and then fires them off.

I write purported to be, because the same guy WILLINGLY ADMITS the chamber isn't... A VACUUM!!!

Just a couple of minutes in, he looks at the inside of it and states in the video, "Hopefully, this water isn't going to cause to much trouble...it will limit the amount of vacuum I can achieve..."

He tries to get the rocket motor to ignite...fails twice...

Finally, places the rocket motor inside a SEALED AND PRESSURIZED CONTAINER to get it to work inside a container (not a vacuum, but pressure lowered to 15 on the gauge)...

Jeez Louise...

No scientist would ever publish a paper admitting they know rockets cannot work in a vacuum.

But, they all know that free expansion is real and proven...

But, they all know that rockets are real and just containers of gas...

And finally, they all know that rockets cannot work in a vacuum.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 12:35:03 PM by totallackey »

Offline RoundLurker

• Lurking since early 2018.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2020, 08:30:59 AM »

No scientist would ever publish a paper admitting they know rockets cannot work in a vacuum.

...and what does that tell you?  ::)
The person in my avatar does not exist, and that's unsettling.

totallackey

« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2020, 11:19:46 AM »

That tells me they don't want to lose any money.

Offline RoundLurker

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2020, 11:33:18 AM »

Every physicist/scientist in the world (or at least those with an interest in rockets/vacuums) is just ignoring the facts to keep getting funding? Even those who are in self-funded higher-education, for example?  Wouldn't that be worth a Nobel Prize, being able to prove Lackeys Law?

totallackey

« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2020, 12:08:03 PM »

Every physicist/scientist in the world (or at least those with an interest in rockets/vacuums) is just ignoring the facts to keep getting funding? Even those who are in self-funded higher-education, for example?  Wouldn't that be worth a Nobel Prize, being able to prove Lackeys Law?
The law of free expansion has already been proven...all the videos posted here continue to prove it.

No Nobel Prize for demonstrating a known law.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2020, 12:48:33 PM »
The law of free expansion has already been proven...
But you are the only one claiming a link between that and conservation of momentum not working for rockets in space.
The Nobel Prize awaits you if you can prove that link as it seems to have eluded scientists. And rockets, come to think of it, which seem to work perfectly fine.

totallackey

« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2020, 03:17:45 PM »
But you are the only one claiming a link between that and conservation of momentum not working for rockets in space.
The Nobel Prize awaits you if you can prove that link as it seems to have eluded scientists. And rockets, come to think of it, which seem to work perfectly fine.
Of course rockets work.

I have never written that rockets don't work.

I have written that rockets do not work in a vacuum.

And all the videos you have posted bear this fact out quite nicely.

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2020, 03:26:21 PM »

And all the videos you have posted bear this fact out quite nicely.
Someone posted a video of the moon lander launching from the moons surface and you just yelled fake with no evidence, so I doubt any video would change your mind since you're unwilling to take anything that goes against your belief seriously.
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2020, 03:59:37 PM »
I have written that rockets do not work in a vacuum.
Yes, and as everyone keeps explaining to you, you are incorrect.
Rockets work by conservation of momentum. The gas has momentum when propelled from the rocket with explosive force.
It's being propelled away from the rocket thus has velocity, it obviously has mass. Momentum = mass x velocity.
So rockets work in a vacuum, it's nothing to do with the gas pushing against anything.
If you can find a scientist who agrees with you then please post a link to their article on the subject.
I note you continue to be unable to. :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 04:54:40 PM by AllAroundTheWorld »

« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2020, 04:05:08 PM »
Kinda of off topic, I just discovered that Brian May :) is astronomer.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Inigo Montoya

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2020, 05:05:42 PM »
Every person who has any intelligence knows it was all fake...Hello !!!

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2020, 05:10:07 PM »
Hey Evil = Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart knows nuttin about space, he keeps admitting to knowing jack. He's a composer of muszac !
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline somerled

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2020, 05:21:22 PM »

Science is controlled .

Is your space a vacuum ? Are you changing your argument ?
There is no repeatable scientific experiment proving a rocket engine works in a vacuum . That's why no one can link to any. That's also why Joules gas law is a scientific law , because if science could show that  a rocket engine ( a reactive engine ) produces work in a vacuum then we wouldn't have that law of  Joules .

Nasa provides a nice drawing here of a rocket - shows the principles of rocket thrust - although the written explanation is garbage apart from the first sentence .
https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/rocket/TRCRocket/rocket_principles.html

« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2020, 06:42:23 PM »
Here is the first hit by google to the search term "scientific experiment proving a rocket engine works in a vacuum"

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Inigo Montoya

Offline RoundLurker

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2020, 08:56:21 AM »

Science is controlled .

You're going to have to elaborate on that one.