« on: May 17, 2016, 12:14:47 AM »
I did a little 1 minute video to explain my question in a better way:

Can you answer this?
My question for Flat Earthers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MaK79T0Bz0

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
Re: Why can't we ALWAYS see the sun?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 01:34:32 PM »
The answer I've been given multiple times is that the sun is a spotlight and shines downwards.

ANSWER: Light does not travel forever. Light eventually fades away.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 04:36:28 PM »
ANSWER:  Light does not travel forever.  Light eventually fades away. 

Next shilly question that has nothing to do with the true form of the earth???
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 02:27:11 AM »
Light does travel forever, unless it is absorbed by some entity.

What's the next silly answer you've got lined up for your attempt to refute round Earth?

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile

What a "charming" answer! But I do have a question.

Shortly after the "enormously bright" sun sets we can often see planets or bright stars in the same place in the sky where the sun was shortly before!

How is this possible if "Light does not travel forever.  Light eventually fades away."?

This makes your brilliant answer look a little bit doubtful! Like to try again. 

[1]  In particular Venus, though sometimes bright stars or other planets.

Offline Venus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 10:31:07 AM »
The answer I've been given multiple times is that the sun is a spotlight and shines downwards.

If the sun is a spotlight and only shines downwards then how is the moon illuminated?
Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 12:02:05 PM »

If the sun is a spotlight and only shines downwards then how is the moon illuminated?
That's a question I think Tom Bishop has answered with the bendy light theory in other topics.

Offline Venus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 03:35:19 PM »

That's a question I think Tom Bishop has answered with the bendy light theory in other topics.

"Face Palm"
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!

Offline Venus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 04:39:51 PM »

Then with a telescope you should be able to see the rays of light shining down onto the "day" part of the earth from the spotlight sun, even if you are on the "night" side of the earth !
Just as you can see the rays of light from a projector even if you yourself are not being lit up by the projector.

Shortly after the "enormously bright" sun sets we can often see planets or bright stars in the same place in the sky where the sun was shortly before!

How is this possible if "Light does not travel forever.  Light eventually fades away."?
Irrelevent. 
You answer my question:  How is your shilly question relevent??????????????????
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile

Irrelevent. 
You answer my question:  How is your shilly question relevent??????????????????
It is extremely relevant! You in your infinite wisdom claimed

Presumably "Light does not travel forever.  Light eventually fades away." was meant to imply that we lose sight of the setting sun because absorbsion by the atmosphere "hides the setting sun".

My point is that if the atmospheric absorption can hide the extremely bright sun on the horizon, how is it possible for us to see the moon, planets and stars in exactly the same location on the horizon?

For me that makes the "atmospheric absorption" hypothesis for the flat earth sunset completely impossible, and drives one more big nail into the whole idea of a flat earth.

In other words the sun actually does sink below the horizon as it sets!

So it has a lot to do with the true shape of the real earth!
Next shilly question!

İntikam

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 06:53:22 AM »

Moon has own light.

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 01:16:04 PM »

Moon has own light.
So why does the luminescent shape of the moon change and happen to coincide with the location of the sun in the round earth model?

Offline Venus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 12:58:50 AM »

Moon has own light.
So why does the luminescent shape of the moon change and happen to coincide with the location of the sun in the round earth model?

And if the moon has its own light then why do we see different phases ?? And why do the phases go in different directions depending whether you are in the northern or southern hemisphere??
http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/time/moon/hemispheres.html

Offline Venus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 05:48:12 AM »

Moon has own light.

How does the flat earth model explain that from any point within the Antarctic Circle you can see the sun for 24 hours a day from the end of October to the end of February ??

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 02:27:52 PM »
Stop asking nonsense questions. 
The changes of the moon's shape do NOT coincide with the location of the sun in the round earth model. Unless you are trapped in a cell all day long, you should be able to see that any time you look up. 

You shills talk too much.  Nice to see you admitting the round earth MODEL is just a model. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

geckothegeek

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2016, 02:50:05 PM »
The changes of the moon's shape do NOT coincide with the location of the sun in the round earth model. Unless you are trapped in a cell all day long, you should be able to see that any time you look up. 

You shills talk too much.  Nice to see you admitting the round earth MODEL is just a model.

If fe's would stop giving nonsense (silly) answers re's would stop giving stop giving nonsense (silly) questions. Round Earth is  not a  model. It's a fact. Get real, fe's ! LOL.
Another flat earth idea why you can't see the sun is because the  atmoplane is so thick. LOL.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 09:13:06 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 08:47:36 PM »

Moon has own light.

Moonshrimp/Moonshramp   ???

geckothegeek

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 08:55:26 PM »

The luminescent shape of the lighted portions of the moon do change with the phases of the moon. They do change according to the relative positions of the sun and the earth.

geckothegeek

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2016, 01:34:46 AM »
If you so-called flat earthers want to play your little fantasy game about a so-called flat earth , that's fine with this re. However, since some of us  have had work, experience, education or other means of knowing that the  earth is a globe, we are going to have to regard your ideas about a so-called flat  earth as pure nonsense and downright the utmost in silly-ness.

However, please don't stop. This website provides too much cheap entertainment to  read what you are going to come up with next.

I can see why someone in a job that does not require at least a basic understanding of the size and shape of the world might think the earth was flat.

And I also think it's not fair for re's to call fe's an ignorant lot just because they haven't had the advantages that some of we re's have had .

For example, I have had some experience in  amateur radio,  but I don't consider those who don't have a  license from the FCC as ignorant. They are a lot smarter in a lot of other subjects than I am.  Same goes for re's and fe's in other areas.

End of soapbox. LOL

Consider this an apology for making fun of so-called "flat earth believers"........But like some other re's, I'll probably keep on doing it anyway.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 01:54:51 AM by geckothegeek »