Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #4600 on: December 17, 2019, 08:16:55 AM »
Dave, take a deep breath.

The only thing intended by the head-swap was to slap Trump's head on TIME's POTY cover. If I was POTY this year (oh well, maybe next time), it would be my head that's getting swapped. The narrative is that Trump is the world's true MVP and that his promises were good and how he totaly kept those promises was also good. It's a shit take, but that's all there is to that very important and politically significant shitpost.

Nobody, other than you, is getting excited about Greta being a 16 year old girl, and you should seriously think about why that is.

What's next, poop jokes?
Oh no, American politicians might start making POOP JOKES!!!

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-huckabee-makes-poop-joke-about-obama-2015-6

Dude, you're from a country where one of the biggest political scandals was a guy getting his dick sucked. Your expectations are completely disjointed from reality.

Ok, how the hell am I not being clear?

I KNOW Trump's message was his god damn greatness.  My ISSUE is that he thinks this is fine and not creepy or disturbing.  I find it creepy, disturbing, and in very poor taste but good taste is not one of Trump's skill set.

And I'm pissy that Rushy thinks a major political figure can shit post and it should be treated the same as if he shitposted (since he is a nobody).  It shouldn't and isn't.

Also: I'm from America.  Remember?  34 years spent there. 

Also: god damnit Huckabee!
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: December 17, 2019, 08:29:27 AM »
Ok, how the hell am I not being clear?
You're being very clear about what your issue is. It's just that your issue is utterly ridiculous. As I just explained, nobody cares that the body that was on the photoshopped cover happens to be Greta's. It's a complete non-factor, and it's so extremely obvious that there is nothing to read into here. You obsessing over it is much more of a red flag, honestly.

And I'm pissy that Rushy thinks a major political figure can shit post and it should be treated the same as if he shitposted (since he is a nobody).  It shouldn't and isn't.
You're being proven wrong on this time and time again. Trump shitposts, some media outlets go "HOLY SHIT DID TRUMP THREATEN VIOLENCE ON FLUFFY PENGUINS?!?!?!?!?!?!", the world goes "of fucking course not, you idiots" and Trump gains popularity. All thanks to idiots like you who boost this shit into prominence by your outrage.

Politicians are allowed to have a sense of humour. Politicians you don't like are allowed to have a sense of humour. Politicians you don't like are allowed to have a sense of humour you don't like. If you cry "wolf" over it, more people will see the thing you don't like, and if you scream particularly loudly, you'll just make them more likely to like it.

And they make use of your stupidity. Politicians deliberately post things they know will upset the other side, or attract ridicule, because it spreads their message. You might want to wise up to that soon. Here's a good starting point: https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/media/2019/10/they-re-doing-badly-purpose-why-tories-latest-online-ads-look-so-ugly

Also: I'm from America.  Remember?  34 years spent there.
Yes. The guy who got his dick sucked was Bill Clinton, an American president.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 08:32:55 AM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: December 17, 2019, 08:40:47 AM »
You know what?  I give up.

Its clear that I'm too old fashioned.  Times have changed and what is or isn't acceptable for political figures to do has changed with it.  Nothing I say or do will matter and the world will simply revolve around this new model like it has thousands of times before.

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: December 17, 2019, 08:46:48 AM »
Right, but before you give up completely, take note of what I'm saying - your outrage is not just out of alignment with the mainstream (I wouldn't care about that by itself). The bigger problem is that your outrage is being actively mined for and exploited by political campaign teams.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: December 17, 2019, 08:57:02 AM »
Right, but before you give up completely, take note of what I'm saying - your outrage is not just out of alignment with the mainstream (I wouldn't care about that by itself). The bigger problem is that your outrage is being actively mined for and exploited by political campaign teams.

Yeah I know.
And its frightening to think that any act which causes outrage is now just going to be used to prove how bad the 'other' side is.

Like if a politician does something bad. (Is caught snorting coccaine, for example) they can take the natural outrage and use it to support themselves and win reelection.  Its frightening that we are at that level.  At least to me.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4605 on: December 17, 2019, 09:51:09 AM »
Oh, don't get me wrong, I completely agree it's fucked up. I think I just take a much more cynical approach to it

totallackey

« Reply #4606 on: December 17, 2019, 12:17:53 PM »

Yeah I know.
And its frightening to think that any act which causes outrage is now just going to be used to prove how bad the 'other' side is.

Like if a politician does something bad. (Is caught snorting coccaine, for example) they can take the natural outrage and use it to support themselves and win reelection.  Its frightening that we are at that level.  At least to me.
Holy cow, you mean that has never been tried before?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Barry

OMG, it was a Democrat who did this?

Once again, it seems you are behind the curve...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 01:20:55 PM by totallackey »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: December 17, 2019, 01:50:28 PM »

Yeah I know.

Holy cow, you mean that has never been tried before?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Barry

OMG, it was a Democrat who did this?

Once again, it seems you are behind the curve...

Seems so.
Welp, time to kill America.  Cause it ain't worth saving.

TRUMP 2020!

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: December 19, 2019, 05:45:59 AM »
It's official; Trump is now the third president to be impeached. He won't be convicted, of course, as Senate Republicans have made it clear that they will protect him no matter what he does. Still, this is at least a clear effort to hold him accountable.

Seems so.
Welp, time to kill America.  Cause it ain't worth saving.

TRUMP 2020!

You keep making these kinds of despairing comments. Beyond the fact that they're repetitive and don't add anything to the discussion, I feel that such an attitude is needlessly bleak. As I was saying a few pages back, Trumpism will collapse shortly after Trump leaves office, and these same politicians relentlessly protecting him now will be doing their utmost to pretend they opposed him - or at least were restraining him - the whole time. Trump has no ideology, no political philosophy, nothing that he actually stands for. Republicans won't stay loyal to a legacy of corruption and self-aggrandizement. Normalcy will return, whether in one year or five.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: December 19, 2019, 07:17:22 AM »
Trump has an ideology: Nationalism.  And its not going away unless he loses 2020.  If he wins, do you really think the Republican party is going to say "Well, Trump kept us in power for 8 years.  Lets get someone not like him next!"
No, they're gonna go for the most Trump like candidate they can find.  Hell, might even tap Ivanka.  A Trump AND a woman.  Two wins for the price of one.

And perhaps they are needlessly bleak but sometimes I see something that just drops my faith in American society and I can't help but mood swing to bleak.
Look, we live in an age where memes have more "truth" than news.  Where integrity and dignity are afterthoughts to emotion.  And we've been there far longer than I thought.

totallackey

« Reply #4610 on: December 19, 2019, 01:16:56 PM »
It's official; Trump is now the third president to be impeached. He won't be convicted, of course, as Senate Republicans have made it clear that they will protect him no matter what he does. Still, this is at least a clear effort to hold him accountable.
Just how wrong can this take be?

Pelosi knows she cannot even send these articles to the Senate.

Gonna be real hard to hold a trial in the Senate, especially when no US Codes were violated.

The US House violated the US Constitution by passing these articles as written.

"The Constitution limits grounds of impeachment to "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors".[4] The precise meaning of the phrase "high Crimes and Misdemeanors" is not defined in the Constitution itself."

So, the act of sending the articles over to the Senate, will by necessity, require adopting new definitions for the words, "High crimes," and/or "misdemeanors."

Not gonna fly.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 01:42:45 PM by totallackey »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: December 19, 2019, 02:19:03 PM »

Gonna be real hard to hold a trial in the Senate, especially when no US Codes were violated.

"The Constitution limits grounds of impeachment to "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors".[4] The precise meaning of the phrase "high Crimes and Misdemeanors" is not defined in the Constitution itself."

So, the act of sending the articles over to the Senate, will by necessity, require adopting new definitions for the words, "High crimes," and/or "misdemeanors."

Not gonna fly.
McConnel has stated that this is a political, not judiciary procedure.  So why do you need federal US penal codes?
Also, what were Clinton's codes?

Also: obstruction of congress:18 U.S.C. 1505

25 CFR 11.448 - Abuse of office.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 02:28:30 PM by Lord Dave »

Rama Set

« Reply #4612 on: December 19, 2019, 02:21:26 PM »
Also, what were Clinton's codes?

Perjury and Obstruction of Justice.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: December 19, 2019, 03:04:10 PM »

Not gonna fly.

Saddam's take is actually spot on. Trump is impeached and it won't go anywhere in the Senate. There is nothing unconstitutional about what the House did. Abuse of power is a valid charge and is one of several Nixon would have faced had he not resigned before the vote. Whether they can concretely prove abuse of power is another story. Obstruction of Congress is a meme charge, though. As far as I can tell, the Executive branch did everything they were allowed to do and the House didn't want to wait while subpoenas were challenged in court.

Still, you may get your wish about the articles not going to the Senate. A rumor floating is that the House may hold off on actually sending them and drag this through 2020. The makeup of the Senate may be a bit different after the election. Seems they are allowed to do this, so a lot Republicans are going to be triggered.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: December 19, 2019, 06:44:29 PM »
The House is impeaching Trump because it:

1. Doesn't have anything better to do. It's not like Democrats are interested in passing any meaningful bipartisan bills. They'll just whine that anything they pass will get blocked by the Senate because all they want to do is pass leftist trash.
2. Knows it's about to watch the Democrats lose 2020: Democrats wouldn't bother wasting time on impeachment if they thought they were actually going to win the 2020 election. They know they're about to lose horribly again and are pulling a last ditch effort to swing voters because "you can't vote for Trump, he was impeached, and that means he's a bad person!" The Democrat presidential lineup is terrible, they'd have better luck running Hillary again at this point.

The worst part of all this is many Democrats acting as if this was some hard decision for them that they made with a heavy heart or some other such nonsense. They're happy to have done this and are upset merely because the system isn't going to completely bend over in their favor.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: December 19, 2019, 07:02:17 PM »
Why don't your politicians ever retire? No one else in the world has octogenarians squabbling. Everyone else's politicians take a fat pension and piss off.

The idea that Pelosi and Biden and Trump and Warren and Sanders and Bloomberg etc are all your top politicians and the youngest out of all of them is Warren aged 70 is ridiculous. Why would you want a nation run by people too old to work in it? People too old to have families in it? People so old they remember arriving on the Mayflower?

What is is about these people that makes them so thirsty for power that even at 80 years old, Pelosi is still squabbling like a toddler? She's the worst of the lot. So nasty, so bitter, so wrapped up in herself.

Anyhoo, Rushy is right. It'll be like the election we just had where the left gets cleaned out. Regular people are just sick of their shit.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: December 19, 2019, 07:10:25 PM »
The House is impeaching Trump because it:

1. Doesn't have anything better to do. It's not like Democrats are interested in passing any meaningful bipartisan bills. They'll just whine that anything they pass will get blocked by the Senate because all they want to do is pass leftist trash.
2. Knows it's about to watch the Democrats lose 2020: Democrats wouldn't bother wasting time on impeachment if they thought they were actually going to win the 2020 election. They know they're about to lose horribly again and are pulling a last ditch effort to swing voters because "you can't vote for Trump, he was impeached, and that means he's a bad person!" The Democrat presidential lineup is terrible, they'd have better luck running Hillary again at this point.

The worst part of all this is many Democrats acting as if this was some hard decision for them that they made with a heavy heart or some other such nonsense. They're happy to have done this and are upset merely because the system isn't going to completely bend over in their favor.

Apparently a massive, bipartisan 1.4T spending bill is not meaningful...

I mostly agree with the rest of it, though.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: December 19, 2019, 10:40:11 PM »
Why don't your politicians ever retire? No one else in the world has octogenarians squabbling. Everyone else's politicians take a fat pension and piss off.

The idea that Pelosi and Biden and Trump and Warren and Sanders and Bloomberg etc are all your top politicians and the youngest out of all of them is Warren aged 70 is ridiculous. Why would you want a nation run by people too old to work in it? People too old to have families in it? People so old they remember arriving on the Mayflower?

What is is about these people that makes them so thirsty for power that even at 80 years old, Pelosi is still squabbling like a toddler? She's the worst of the lot. So nasty, so bitter, so wrapped up in herself.

Anyhoo, Rushy is right. It'll be like the election we just had where the left gets cleaned out. Regular people are just sick of their shit.

Because Americans are retarded. They vote for whoever has an ad during their handegg game.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: December 19, 2019, 10:55:06 PM »
I watched some of the impeachment announcement. It was actually pretty hilarious to see Pelosi and a bunch of other Democrats acting like they're sad to be impeaching Trump. The only thing they're sad about is that it's taken 3 years instead of 3 months after the inauguration.

Because Americans are retarded. They vote for whoever has an ad during their handegg game.
Very nice reductionism...

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: December 19, 2019, 11:09:46 PM »

Very nice reductionism...

Thanks. I thought that post would resonate with you very well.