Offline Cypher9

• View Profile
Thunderf00t's Mars video
« on: October 01, 2020, 03:35:16 PM »
What do people think about it? Looks real to me and I don't get the impression he's lying.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
Re: Thunderf00t's Mars video
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 04:25:56 PM »
That's some beautiful footage. For those who dont want to watch the whole thing, the answer to his question in the title really starts at about 10 minutes.

Always been a sucker for valles marinares myself, ever since learning about it in planetary astronomy course I took. One of the best potential locations to find remnant liquid/solid water at surface, given the increased atmospheric pressure, being several km lower than the rest of the surface.

...kinda hard to land a rover or probe down there though!

Offline Cypher9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 04:39:19 PM »
Does the fact that Mars can be seen debunk flat earth or can the earth still be flat whilst Mars is a sphere?

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 05:14:59 PM »
The wiki covers that. To paraphrase though, the shape of planets and sun doesnt really matter for the shape of the earth.

Offline Cypher9

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 05:35:24 PM »
But if we can see a planet turning in the sky it does rather suggest that we're also living on one, especially if we can see topographical features on that planet, don't you think? Of course it doesn't prove anything but it makes the globe argument stronger imo.

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 06:23:53 PM »
To me, the fact that the sun and all the other planets have phases, are spherical, and have satellites that orbit them is strong evidence that all large bodies tend to be spherical, and that the large body which we inhabit is very likely to be similar.

But I also grant the common FE argument that their shapes provide no bearing on earth's shape. If we want to learn about that, we have to look at the earth itself. Luckily theres plenty of evidence for the curvature of the earth right here on our planet, even though the horizon always looks flat to our eyes.

Offline Cypher9

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 05:07:16 PM »
I've only seen one film 'out in the field' as it were where the curve is measured across a body of water showing it to exist but I've seen quite a few where measurements are taken that show there is no curve. If there really was a curve surely there would be many more films out there proving it or at least as many as the FE proponents have.

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 05:14:06 PM »
They're out there :)

Offline Cypher9

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2020, 04:17:25 PM »
I've only ever been able to find the Discovery Channel lake clip. If you know of any others please let me know.

Offline Cypher9

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2020, 06:17:39 PM »
I've only ever been able to find the Discovery Channel lake clip. If you know of any others please let me know.

That's the one I saw as well. I've never come across any others.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 10:55:44 AM »
You're responding to yourself. Did you forget to switch accounts before posting this?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Cypher9

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2020, 11:05:50 PM »
Haha I thought someone else had written that! :-[