Offline Venus

• View Profile
IMHO the biggest problem with the FE Model is the lack of a decent map which shows all countries, continents and oceans in their correct relation to each other and correct proportions to each other.
So far both FE maps I have seen are a major distortion of reality - continents the wrong shape or size, distances between continents are grossly misrepresented and you can't even agree between yourselves which map is correct.
But I'm sure you will all agree that when you drive long distances eg from east to west across the USA, Australia or Europe, that the maps you can buy in petrol/gas stations give you very accurate distances. And when we see the map of just one country it's shape is fairly accurate.
But this seems to be a HUGE stumbling block for the FE'ers, as every map projection introduces distortion in one way or another. Now this is because the earth is spherical and although it is easy to create a globe of the earth with all countries, continents and oceans in correct sizes in relation to each other, this is an impossible task when drawing maps on flat pieces of paper.

BUT ... if the earth is actually flat, then drawing a map which shows all countries, continents and oceans in the correct proportions to each other should be a super easy job !!

For your interest this website http://thetruesize.com might help you see how much distortion occurs when a spherical earth is projected onto a flat map.
From the "About" page of this website - "It is hard to represent our spherical world on flat piece of paper. Cartographers use something called a "projection" to morph the globe into 2D map. The most popular of these is the Mercator projection.
Every map projection introduces distortion, and each has its own set of problems. One of the most common criticisms of the Mercator map is that it exaggerates the size of countries nearer the poles (US, Russia, Europe), while downplaying the size of those near the equator (the African Continent). On the Mercator projection Greenland appears to be roughly the same size as Africa. In reality, Greenland is 0.8 million sq. miles and Africa is 11.6 million sq. miles, nearly 14 and a half times larger."

So I had a little play around with it... took some screen dumps ... and these were my results...

Australia superimposed on Africa - The bipolar map shows Australia almost the same size as Africa and the unipolar map (with the north pole in the centre and Antarctica around the rim) show Australia as being about half the distance from north to south as it really is.

Australia and China superimposed on Africa (I rotated China)

Australia, China and USA (the 48 contiguous states only) superimposed on Africa (China and USA Rotated)

Australia superimposed on USA (48 contiguous states)

China superimposed on USA (48 contiguous states)

Greenland as shown on Mercator Projection - it looks almost as large as Africa !!!

Greenland superimposed on Africa - showing the terrible distortion of the Mercator Projection especially closer to the poles. Which makes sense because closer to the poles the lines of longitude get closer together until they all meet at each of the poles, whereas on a Mercator Projection the lines of longitude run parallel from north to south

And the most distorted continent on the Mercator Projection is .... no prizes for guessing .... Yep you got it !!! ANTARCTICA !!

Have a play around with this site... it really highlights the impossible task of fitting a spherical earth onto a flat map and yet still have the sizes of all of the countries and continents in proportion to each other.

So there's your challenge Flat Earthers ... come up with a map that works ... until you can you are up shit creek in a barbed-wire canoe using a toothpick as an oar !!

But I guess you will all just say that "they" (whoever they may be) have lied to us about the sizes and shapes of all of the countries, continents and oceans !! To which I say... get in your car, set your trip meter to zero, and drive !!

PS - Interesting to superimpose Russia onto USA, and Canada onto USA. Also USA (all 50 states included) is actually larger than China !
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 04:10:52 PM by Venus »
Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!

You do realize every "flat" map is grossly distorted, and not an accurate representation of shapes and proportions, right?

Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
You do realize every "flat" map is grossly distorted, and not an accurate representation of shapes and proportions, right?
It's mentioned several times in the OP
IMHO the biggest problem with the FE Model is the lack of a decent map which shows all countries, continents and oceans in their correct relation to each other and correct proportions to each other.
So far both FE maps I have seen are a major distortion of reality - continents the wrong shape or size, distances between continents are grossly misrepresented and you can't even agree between yourselves which map is correct.
BUT ... if the earth is actually flat, then drawing a map which shows all countries, continents and oceans in the correct proportions to each other should be a super easy job !!

So @TheTruthIsOnHere does that mean you actually agreed that the Earth is impossible to be flat?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 05:29:21 PM by UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet »
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

İntikam

The end of the globers is coming with İntikam.  ;)

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile

You do realise that is simply because of what we have been saying all along!

The earth is NOT flat but is a Globe - QED!

But, to all those valiant Flat Earth mappers, keep trying! -  ;) ;) at least it keeps you off the streets.  ;) ;)

I will make a rash prediction - no accurate flat earth map is possible.

Offline Venus

• View Profile

So you agree with me :-)
Every "flat" map is grossly distorted - including both of yours - the one showing the north pole at the centre of a disc and the bipolar one I have also come across on these forums !

Because the whole point of my post is that a flat map CANNOT successfully represent the sizes, shapes and relative proportions of countries, continents and oceans BECAUSE the earth is a sphere. The only way to accurately represent the earth is on a globe!!
BUT, if in reality the earth is actually flat, then it would be a rather straightforward exercise to produce an accurate map which shows the correct sizes of every country, continent and ocean in the correct proportions !
But you can't do this... because the earth is actually a sphere !!

Perhaps the FE society should put their money where their mouth is and start a GoFundMe to hire surveyors and cartographers to create the real map of the flat earth ??

Your map is your one of your biggest problems !!!
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!

• View Profile

So you agree with me :-)
Every "flat" map is grossly distorted - including both of yours - the one showing the north pole at the centre of a disc and the bipolar one I have also come across on these forums !

Because the whole point of my post is that a flat map CANNOT successfully represent the sizes, shapes and relative proportions of countries, continents and oceans BECAUSE the earth is a sphere. The only way to accurately represent the earth is on a globe!!
BUT, if in reality the earth is actually flat, then it would be a rather straightforward exercise to produce an accurate map which shows the correct sizes of every country, continent and ocean in the correct proportions !
But you can't do this... because the earth is actually a sphere !!

Perhaps the FE society should put their money where their mouth is and start a GoFundMe to hire surveyors and cartographers to create the real map of the flat earth ??

Your map is your one of your biggest problems !!!
I predict he will say stuff how he isn't a flat Earther and flat map is obviously distorted that we're stupid to point that out.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
;D ;D ;D I Honestly did not think you had a sense of humour, but to say that you really must have!  ;D ;D ;D

;) ;) Best of luck with you map, you will need a lot of that!  ;) ;)

Just FYI, a lot of FE'ers have tried mapping the flat earth and failed miserably. Cant remember his name right now, but a guy were on that mission not long ago. He's gone completely silent, probably because he discovered it is impossible :)
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline Venus

• View Profile
Just FYI, a lot of FE'ers have tried mapping the flat earth and failed miserably. Cant remember his name right now, but a guy were on that mission not long ago. He's gone completely silent, probably because he discovered it is impossible :)

I am trying to imagine a FE'er with a globe of the earth, cutting it into tiny pieces and trying to reassemble it on the surface of a large flat desk ... getting so frustrated when the pieces of the jigsaw won't fit into place lol

Offline Venus

• View Profile

Intikam - I found a perfect flat earth map !!!!!!!!!!

....well the ACTUAL LAND MASS of all the countries are all the correct SIZE in proportion to each other... just a bit of a problem about those white areas that slice through the map at regular intervals though !!
Perhaps those white areas are wormholes???
Anyway ... here is your flat map !!!
https://media.wix.com/ugd/5cd6ef_d488ed527aba6047a64bb0c85e5b3769.pdf

Actually if you cut it out, including cutting out the white bits and then you joined it together you would have an almost perfect map of the earth  ... here are the directions ... :-)
http://www.3dgeography.co.uk/#!make-a-globe/cdox

OK so I'm being silly ... But you see if the earth really is flat ... it would be the EASIEST thing in the world to produce a perfect map, with all the countries, continents and oceans and seas in perfect proportions to each other
You don't need a plane, maps of coast lines are able to be very accurately made by travelling along the coast in a ship. And fairly accurate maps have been made since very early in our history (apart from the areas of the world which had not been discovered)

Most of Europe was fairly accurately mapped out by Ptolemy around 150CE, and by 1630 a fairly accurate map of the world had been created by Hendrik Hondius (except for Australia and Antarctica which really had not been navigated - these are shown as Terra Australis Incognita)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_world_maps#/media/File:Nova_totius_Terrarum_Orbis_geographica_ac_hydrographica_tabula_(Hendrik_Hondius)_balanced.jpg

But if you choose to continue to waste time trying to make the perfect flat earth map ... well that is your decision.... Personally I would like to see what you can come up with... although I can tell you now it will be nothing like what the world looks like... because as many of us have said to you before... you just can't put a map of a spherical earth onto a flat surface without distorting it. Sorry

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile

....well the ACTUAL LAND MASS of all the countries are all the correct SIZE in proportion to each other... just a bit of a problem about those white areas that slice through the map at regular intervals though !!

Actually if you cut it out, including cutting out the white bits and then you joined it together you would have an almost perfect map of the earth  ... here are the directions ... :-)

What's you problem? Those bits of white are just "non-space" that are traversed instantly when you hit one side.

And don't you dare laugh, just look up the Dual Flat Earth by JRoweSkeptic  in Dual Earth Theory « on: April 02, 2016, 11:01:32 AM » in "the other place" etc, ad nauseum.

;D No, it's not a joke, well not JRoweSkeptic, but maybe to everyone else.  ;D

Offline Venus

• View Profile

He has probably gone completely BONKERS !!!

Offline Venus

• View Profile

What's you problem? Those bits of white are just "non-space" that are traversed instantly when you hit one side.

And don't you dare laugh, just look up the Dual Flat Earth by JRoweSkeptic  in Dual Earth Theory « on: April 02, 2016, 11:01:32 AM » in "the other place" etc, ad nauseum.

;D No, it's not a joke, well not JRoweSkeptic, but maybe to everyone else.  ;D

Love it when they have to invent something to support the FE Model (I refuse to call it a theory... because it isn't)

Occam's Razor -  "other things being equal, simpler explanations are generally better than more complex ones"

İntikam

http://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/CCA948/history/20160521/2120Z/VIDP/ZBAA
Distance   Direct: 2,369 sm    Planned: 2,369 sm    Flown: 3,082 sm

Reverse route:
https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/CCA947/history/20160523/1240Z/ZBAA/VIDP
Distance   Direct: 2,369 sm    Planned: 2,369 sm    Flown: 3,405 sm

What a globe earth map huh! Where is the garbage can?  :)

Sorry it's caused by perspective or high mountains or atomic particuls.  ;D

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile

Reverse route:

Be sensible! That has absolutely nothing to do with the map or the Globe!

Sorry for shouting, but you simply will not listen to reason or logic.

The distance is simply the distance on the route actually flown. Go and ask Air China, not us. Air China decide on the route.

İntikam

Reverse route:

The distance is simply the distance on the route actually flown. Go and ask Air China, not us. Air China decide on the route.

Your sorry was rejected. You can't be right with shouting. In our country we say that "Be modest in thy bearing and subdue thy voice. Lo! the harshest of all voices is the voice of the ass." actually it was a verse from quran 31:19  :)

Anyway.

I don't say Qantas as satan airlines that you like them but you are still acting as agressive to me. If it is not worked that i don't say satanq as qantas please i'll start to say again qantas actually satanq.  :)

This is not china air problem this is map problem. You must change the distance on the map from 2.300 sm to 3.000 sm. Oh no, it was sattelite map,you can't surely surely, i'm sorry i forgot it. 

;D  ;D Sattelite map.  ;D  ;D  sattelite map +- % 40 mistake.   :D  Where is your "perspective" gone to?  :D

Your famous excuse is "perspective"  doesn't work here. So you are leading to ask the problem to China air. No i'm not, i don't know chinese. Ask them yourself.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 01:14:27 PM by İntikam »

• View Profile
This is not china air problem this is map problem. You must change the distance on the map from 2.300 sm to 3.000 sm. Oh no, it was sattelite map,you can't surely surely, i'm sorry i forgot it. 

;D  ;D Sattelite map.  ;D  ;D  sattelite map +- % 40 mistake.   :D  Where is your "perspective" gone to?  :D

Your famous excuse is "perspective"  doesn't work here. So you are leading to ask the problem to China air. No i'm not, i don't know chinese. Ask them yourself.
I don't think you even get that global satellite map are distorted when projected into a flat projection.

Reverse route:

Your sorry was rejected. You can't be right with shouting. In our country we say that "Be modest in thy bearing and subdue thy voice. Lo! the harshest of all voices is the voice of the ass." actually it was a verse from quran 31:19  :)
Is being arrogant completely alright where you live at?
Wait and see how is your end will become! Wait and see, watch and learn...

You can't stop me with anyway.  I never give up. You have no chance. Your unresistable  end is coming so not unduly try to resist.

I'm in no hurry because I know that will win in the end. I am enjoying it. you are in panic.  how delightful it is to see that reb's in a panic. but your panic attacs will not change to result. Maybe your panic attacs are motivating me, because i believe "en eye for en eye" so when you resist me, then i find a power to working more. who can know that.  :)

Offline Venus

• View Profile

Reverse route:

You cannot prove a flat earth by citing flight maps, paths and times.

İntikam

Reverse route:

You cannot prove a flat earth by citing flight maps, paths and times.

You cannot disprove a flat earth map by (fake) sattelite images (cgi images)