Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
God sent Gandhi to Hell
« on: June 08, 2019, 06:19:40 PM »
Something I realized: due to Christian/Jewish/Islamic doctrine and the 10 commandments, Gandhi, who was Hindu, was not saved by Jesus/God.  Thus, he went to Hell.

Ask yourself: what kind of being is God if he sends Gandhi to Hell?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: God sent Gandhi to Hell
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 08:07:18 PM »
tbh I would send Gandhi to hell too, the uppity bastard.

totallackey

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 01:10:45 PM »
Something I realized: due to Christian/Jewish/Islamic doctrine and the 10 commandments, Gandhi, who was Hindu, was not saved by Jesus/God.  Thus, he went to Hell.

I would believe he is the kind of God that would take no shit from the likes of you...

Ask yourself: What kind of mind is it that would seek to engage in the exercise of ouroboros malarkey?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 01:27:11 PM »
The kind that gives us a choice whether to accept His gift of salvation.
Other religions expect you to "earn" your way to salvation, Christianity recognises that none of us can, the law is given as a straight line to show us how crooked we are. As humans we may think of some people as "bad" and others as "good", God doesn't see it that way, but he offers us a way out:

Romans 3:
"23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 05:28:34 PM »
Other religions expect you to "earn" your way to salvation, Christianity recognises that none of us can, the law is given as a straight line to show us how crooked we are. As humans we may think of some people as "bad" and others as "good", God doesn't see it that way, but he offers us a way out:

Romans 3:
"23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

God: So... I decided you are all sinners and will go to Hell.
Man: What?!  Even if we're really nice?
God: Yes.  Even babies go to hell because you are born sinners.  No matter what.
Man: Who decided that?
God: Me.  See, you aren't me so.... Ya gotta burn. But don't worry.  Just worship me and my son and you'll go to Heaven.
Man:....  So you are sending us to Hell because you didn't make us as good as you and the only way out is to worship you?
God: Yes.
Man: ...
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 09:01:25 AM »
Pretty sure no religious person actually believes that, and the "hurhur I interpreted a religion's holy book literally" meme died in 2002.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 09:44:33 AM »
Pretty sure no religious person actually believes that, and the "hurhur I interpreted a religion's holy book literally" meme died in 2002.

I know a guy who believes the earth is 8,000 years old and the bible is literal fact.
Trust me, they exist.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 10:10:52 AM »
I know a guy who believes the earth is 8,000 years old and the bible is literal fact.
Trust me, they exist.
Welp, that's terrifying.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 10:45:45 AM »
Trust me, they exist.
Welp, that's terrifying.
He's studying to be a minister.  Plus side he believes in Evolution.  Downside, its the evolution that turned the handful of Animals Noah had into all the animals in the world.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 09:56:18 AM »
Trust me, they exist.
Welp, that's terrifying.
Dude, you understand that some of the FE Movement - even some people on this site - is based on a certain interpretation of some Bible verses?
I never understand why some people believe the Bible to be a science book.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2019, 02:49:42 PM »
Dude, you understand that some of the FE Movement - even some people on this site - is based on a certain interpretation of some Bible verses?
Sure. They're wrong and also dumb. Not sure what else I could say tbh

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2019, 02:29:52 AM »

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 06:13:19 AM »
You always know an essay is going to be well written when it begins with "Fam. It’s real talk time."

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2019, 06:50:32 AM »

Romans 3:

God: Yes.  Even babies go to hell because you are born sinners.  No matter what.
God: Me.  See, you aren't me so.... Ya gotta burn. But don't worry.  Just worship me and my son and you'll go to Heaven.
Man:....  So you are sending us to Hell because you didn't make us as good as you and the only way out is to worship you?

In answer to your original post...rules are rules.

As to a part in the post I quoted... Yahweh never sent children to hell. There were times He let them pass because "the did not know the law".

Also, one thing many people forget or don't know, there are different amount of times in hell. It is only in the very end some are just removed from existence...this is after a few chances.

Shit, for all we know, this could be our second chance.... This Earth resembles hell all too often.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2019, 01:34:08 AM »

Judaism has no heaven or hell and therefore saying Gandhi went to hell under Judaism is nonsensical.

In any case, Gandhi was not a perfect person, basing on whether or not he "should" be punished or rewarded implies a knowledge of his life that you don't have.

Offline Muslim

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2020, 10:48:06 AM »
In Islam, every sin can be forgiven except "Shirk" - which is to partner or replace God.

The "even though I've been so good" argument is weak and makes no sense.

You have an employee who you provide accommodation for, health care, salary, dental, allowance, bonuses, free trips and all you ask is that he does his what he's employed for.

But the employee does other things and absolutely refuses to accept that he's employed by you but take all the benefits.

But he's very good. He treats all employees, animals and everyone with love and passion. What kind of person would fire him?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 01:37:24 PM »
You have an employee who you provide accommodation for
That is called modern slavery. It might be the norm in Saudi Arabia, but if you get caught with 28 men living in a portacabin on your land in the United Kingdom, and you are going to have to explain that to a man wearing a curly white wig.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline RoundLurker

• Lurking since early 2018.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2020, 02:37:51 PM »
In Islam, every sin can be forgiven except "Shirk" - which is to partner or replace God.

You have an employee who you provide accommodation for, health care, salary, dental, allowance, bonuses, free trips and all you ask is that he does his what he's employed for.

But the employee does other things and absolutely refuses to accept that he's employed by you but take all the benefits.

But he's very good. He treats all employees, animals and everyone with love and passion. What kind of person would fire him?

It's weird, I can read the words but I have no idea what you're saying.

Is God the employer in that analogy? For that to work the employee must be born into the role and not be given any opportunity to consent or decline (cough Prince Harry cough).

If we've learned anything from GDPR, it's that a homey must opt-in!
The person in my avatar does not exist, and that's unsettling.

Offline Muslim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2020, 11:45:49 AM »

It's weird, I can read the words but I have no idea what you're saying.

Is God the employer in that analogy? For that to work the employee must be born into the role and not be given any opportunity to consent or decline (cough Prince Harry cough).

If we've learned anything from GDPR, it's that a homey must opt-in!
Good point

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2020, 06:55:18 PM »

Romans 3:

This is the problem with Christianity. It makes slaves of people. This belief  is not Biblical either.

Modern Christians like to quote their own dogma without reading the book (Bible) on which their religion is supposedly based.

Jesus never claimed to be the ONLY son of God... but A Son of God. Also the most accurate (in my opinion) book of the Bible regarding Jesus's life would be John, because it was written by an actual eye witness. The others are just compilations of dogma many years after Jesus's crucifixion.

John says nothing about a virgin birth, wise men, none of that. He says Jesus was a holy being who had a message. His message was, as you think, act and live, so shall your reality be. Also that there is clearly an after life.

All the rest of what the modern Christians believe is fairytale stuff.

I believe in Jesus. I believe in Jehovah.  But Judeo-Christians are not the only people who will be saved. Jesus himself says that "many will come from the east and west to dine with Moses and the prophets" and many other supporting things.

God is real. He has many names. Saying the magic words will not save you. Changing how you think, talk act and live to be as Christ will.

Anyway. Nobody even reads the Bible but are all authorities on how everyone else should live. Bullshit