Offline Humble B

• Full merrily the humble B doth sing
    • View Profile
Re: How to measure Universal Acceleration with a laserpointer.
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2018, 02:07:00 PM »
Starlight in front of Earth is blueshifted, starlight behind Earth is redshifted. And the horizon is the angle where there is neither blueshift nor redshift.

Did you calculate how much that blue/red shift should be due to earth's motion, or are you just suggesting that such a shift should be observable?
The red shift as measured by astronomers show far-away galaxies moving away very fast (68 km/s per megaparsec) away from our own galaxy due to the expansion of the universe, not as a result of earth's own motion. As far as I know there is no part of the observable universe where all stars are blue shifted because we are moving towards that part of the cosmos.
He who believes windmills are his enemies, will take the gentle turning of their blades an act of aggression, and mistake their soft murmur for angry ranting.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Re: How to measure Universal Acceleration with a laserpointer.
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2018, 04:14:34 PM »
I have a question regarding the speed of light. From a flat Earth perspective, where the entire universe revolves around the Earth once every 24 hours, how can it be that the furthest galaxies are rotating around the Earth? Wouldn't they need to be moving many tens of thousands times the speed of light to rotate around the Earth once every 24 Earth hours?

Help me to understand if I misunderstand your view.

In the universe required by a flat earth, the distances to those galaxies is nowhere near the distances measured in a round earth universe.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice