Re: Gravitational Waves
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2016, 12:50:27 AM »

Realistic explanation of LIGO's billion dollar discovery.

1 Billion bucks to "hear" two black holes, "never proven to exist" crash into each over 1.2 billion light years away...

And didn't I read somewhere this LIGO scam involved some mirrors hanging on a string? High-tech stuff right there!

And to think people go to bed hungry anywhere in this entire world.

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2016, 04:53:37 AM »

No I want to replace them with things that are independently verifiable, universally experienced, and built on a foundation of common sense.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I suppose these two comments go hand in hand?

Do you honestly believe that any theory, whether is pertains to RE or FE, if a couple of people with differing methods end up with the same result is valid?

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2016, 07:13:47 AM »
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Realistic explanation of LIGO's billion dollar discovery.
What about the hundreds of measurements[1] to determine the "Universal Gravitational Constant", they achieved substantially the same result - all by chance?
This a major point with "scientific discoveries", they are not seriously accepted until they can be verified!
On "Gravity Waves", you will now find that if they are not verified, preferably by others, they may fade into oblivion. Since they seem to give further confirmation to theory that has had a lot of experimental verification, it will be looked on more seriously.

On that video! It might give a demonstration of interference, but it has nothing at all to do with gravitation waves. There is no connection between gravitation and electromagnetic forces (I have to add, as far as we know, because, unlike many FE supporters scientists do not claim ultimate knowledge).

[1]  You might well ask, "Why so many measurements? There are two reasons. One is that because of the difficulties of the experiment. The other is that there are still questions. Yes, scientists do not claim to know everything, they never have!

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2016, 09:33:25 PM »
Is this just totally fraudulent?
Yes. 

It is theater for the masses. 

I wonder what all of the lab coats will say. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8