Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
Has math already proved god?
« on: October 24, 2015, 09:03:38 AM »
Integers are literally endless. If we can refer to infinity in math, why can't we also do the same for god? If there are an infinite number of multiverses, then there is an infinite amount of matter. Further, if our universe simply expands to infinity and never contracts, then at least elementary particles will exist forever. It seems totally reasonable to me, then, to assume an infinite being could also exist in some form. Perhaps it evolved to achieve immortality and learned to transcend dimensions or universes. It may not exist exactly as religions have described, but as far as I'm concerned, theoretical physics have already lent some credence to the idea whether scientists will admit it or not.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:29:53 AM by Hollocron »

Thork

Re: Has math already proved god?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 12:47:32 PM »
Nothing in nature is infinite. Absolutely nothing. Not the grains of sand on a beach, the stars in night sky, the atoms in the universe, the speed of anything, the power or temperature of anything. Everything has a hard number. We just might not be able to calculate what that exact number is. Infinity is a man-made concept. It is not a real universe thing.

The universe was not once an infinitely dense singularity. How could it be? It doesn't have infinite mass now. It wasn't infinitely hot ... there isn't infinite power now and you can't lose a bit of power and say well now it has gone from the hard number infinity down to a smaller number which is not infinite. Infinity - 1 is still infinity, it isn't compatible with real world numbering. Whenever I hear a scientist use the word infinity, they are invoking God. When you need infinite universes to make your theory work based on the one observable universe we can see, its a thought experiment, a way to discount the notion of God, but ultimately just replacing it with another theory of god ... infinity.

There is only one infinity. Infinity is the scientific word for God. God is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end, all things and everything. The mechanism by which all things are created. Only God is infinite, infinity is His name, and like I said, infinity is a man made concept. It isn't a way to explain God, just another word for it that people can wrap their heads around. Scientists are playing word games, they haven't any explanation whatsoever.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:51:23 PM by Dr David Thork »

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 02:17:36 PM »
Nothing in nature is infinite.

Have you measured everything in nature?

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 06:21:10 PM »
Well, this thread did not go as well as I thought it might.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 06:42:12 PM »
d33p
The Mastery.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 10:02:55 PM »

If you don't respond to people who did respond.....

I didn't really want to get into a long discussion with Thork over whether or not infinity exists, since that wasn't a point of discussion for the thread, but it seems like you had a good response to him.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 10:26:32 PM by Hollocron »

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 10:25:21 PM »

I didn't really want to get into a long discussion with Thork over how infinity exists, since that wasn't a point of discussion for the thread, but it seems like you had a good response to him.

So what was your point?

Has math already proved god? That is the prompt.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 11:38:30 PM »

I didn't really want to get into a long discussion with Thork over how infinity exists, since that wasn't a point of discussion for the thread, but it seems like you had a good response to him.

So what was your point?

I have a question for you. Does 'infinite' math like 'pi' and 'phi' etc really indicate that there is no exact 'solution' (inaccuracy)? In other words it really means that we cannot understand the concept 'infinity'?

The fact that we can find no end to numbers like pi does not mean they are inaccurate. Inaccuracy is something we invented. The universe's laws apply 100% of the time and whatever they produce is what is accurate. For example, if you were to take the Earth's velocity around the sun in this instant, its value would be x (let's say) and all other values would be false. In this way, physics necessitate a universe that is built upon absolute truth and absolute falsehood. The concept of infinity is well understood, just not how it applies to our universe in a physical sense.

Second, energy cannot be created and cannot be destroyed. Life (energy) cannot be created and cannot be destroyed. Whatever the word 'god' means, it is not a 'creator' of Life.

As far as we know, which is not much. The Big Bang refers to an effect rather than a cause. This is where your brain starts to melt trying to think about it. There are all kinds of theories. The universe could be in an endless state of contraction and expansion, it could have been the result of the universe settling into a lower vacuum state, it could have erupted from a singularity, or who knows. My point is that "where did everything come from to begin with?" Is a question we'll likely never answer. All explanations seem to be equally ridiculous. Anything that existed or occurred before the Big Bang (and it seems wrong to even describe it this way) is beyond science and reason.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 11:54:16 PM by Hollocron »

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 06:36:13 PM »

So what was your point?

I have a question for you. Does 'infinite' math like 'pi' and 'phi' etc really indicate that there is no exact 'solution' (inaccuracy)? In other words it really means that we cannot understand the concept 'infinity'?

The fact that we can find no end to numbers like pi does not mean they are inaccurate. Inaccuracy is something we invented. The universe's laws apply 100% of the time and whatever they produce is what is accurate. For example, if you were to take the Earth's velocity around the sun in this instant, its value would be x (let's say) and all other values would be false. In this way, physics necessitate a universe that is built upon absolute truth and absolute falsehood. The concept of infinity is well understood, just not how it applies to our universe in a physical sense.

Second, energy cannot be created and cannot be destroyed. Life (energy) cannot be created and cannot be destroyed. Whatever the word 'god' means, it is not a 'creator' of Life.

As far as we know, which is not much. The Big Bang refers to an effect rather than a cause. This is where your brain starts to melt trying to think about it. There are all kinds of theories. The universe could be in an endless state of contraction and expansion, it could have been the result of the universe settling into a lower vacuum state, it could have erupted from a singularity, or who knows. My point is that "where did everything come from to begin with?" Is a question we'll likely never answer. All explanations seem to be equally ridiculous. Anything that existed or occurred before the Big Bang (and it seems wrong to even describe it this way) is beyond science and reason.

Yes, inaccuracy is a concept. It has no meaning. Math is also a concept. it can in no way tell us what Life is and what the reality we are living in really is.
We make many assumptions. They are all false.

The word 'god' is a concept. It has no meaning at all. The only thing I am saying is that Life does not have a beginning or end. Everything is part of that life, including us. There is no separate entity that created Life.

I think the world we are living in is an artificial construct. We are participating in an absurd corrupt experiment.

We know numbers are real because they allow us to build rockets and buildings. They put satellites into orbit. They're empirically valid. I suppose you're right that math can't really answer a lot of the existential questions we have, but those may end up being not even real questions.

And if our world is an "artificial construct" then how or where is the simulation taking place? Who is administering it? There will always be a question of a "first mover" as Thomas Aquinas put it.