Re: Trump
« Reply #520 on: February 03, 2017, 12:10:46 AM »

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 03, 2017, 03:40:08 AM »
So the Muslim Brotherhood of America could finally throw money at a candidate and then be insulted and torn apart for it?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 03, 2017, 03:53:15 AM »
Here's the stats showing 70% of Muslim support at least some form of sharia law.

http://pamelageller.com/2011/11/70-of-american-muslims-say-us-should-impose-sharia-legalized-polygamy.html/

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2013/05/04/statistics-the-muslim-worlds-problem-over-70-of-muslims-support-sharia-law-90-support-execution-of-apostates/

I'm sorry, but this is terrible sourcing. Your first link is to an article which links to another article which finally links to this article. I'm not sure how reliable it is. It's several years old, and it vaguely refers to a survey without giving any specific details on how or where it was conducted. Your second link, again, leads to an article which links to another article which finally links to this article. It's a much better source, thankfully.

I have to say, though, it seems like you're conflating Muslims with would-be refugees, when Trump keeps stressing that this isn't a ban against Muslims. If that's true, then he can't have made his decision based on the information you're providing.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 03, 2017, 10:49:37 AM »
Wow...

Ok, how do you fake syrian refugee status?  And to what end?  You still don't pick your country.  You go where the un says.

Also, cite source of that 70% please.

Here's how migrants are faking refugee status.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/migrants-are-disguising-themselves-as-syrians-to-gain-entry-to-europe/2015/09/22/827c6026-5bd8-11e5-8475-781cc9851652_story.html

Europe is the US now?  How interesting...
Also, that article talked of arriving en mass wih others for a bettr life, not terrorism.  So... Yeah, doesn't help your point since refugees aren't able to arrive "en mass" to America.

Here's the stats showing 70% of Muslim support at least some form of sharia law.

http://pamelageller.com/2011/11/70-of-american-muslims-say-us-should-impose-sharia-legalized-polygamy.html/

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2013/05/04/statistics-the-muslim-worlds-problem-over-70-of-muslims-support-sharia-law-90-support-execution-of-apostates/

A website surveying its members via web poll is not scientific nor unbiased.

And oh the other does not show the muslims in the US.  It surveys muslims who live in countries that operate under shair law.  If you made a survey on who thinks their country should run under the US constitution's laws, I bet Americans would be at 90% yes.  Its a heavily biased survey.

Not to mention, Shariah Law isn't just lopping off hands and stoning adulterers, it is a system of laws that affects everything. I've read a few writers who have argued that there are elements of Shariah banking law which could help contain some of the vulture capitalism we currently see.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 03, 2017, 12:29:57 PM »
That's not what I mean. Every so often you got bonkers stories about Dubya doing something, or saying something terrible and it was so far-fetched as to need about 5 seconds to dismiss.

Trump has spent his political career - such as it is - saying such outrageous things that it's sometimes difficult to know what's silly hyperbole or fabrication, and what he's actually said.
I know what you meant. I claim you're wrong. It still takes about 5 seconds to dismiss, but your approach to it has changed, thanks to the media doing its thing unopposed.

It's not *harder* to fact-check things these days (in fact, it's much easier), but people stopped fact-checking anyway.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 12:32:40 PM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 01:08:31 PM by Lord Dave »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 03, 2017, 07:32:07 PM »
Oh Trump...

Hate. 
I fucking Hate Donald Trump.
FUCK That impatient, motherfucking bag of dicks!

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2017/02/02/512490365/yemen-aftermath-trumps-first-military-raid-continues-to-raise-questions

He just can't fucking hold it in.  He just says "go kill them" and sends in a team to a location unprepared and without sufficient intel and oh hey, a lot of CHILDREN ARE DEAD!  This isn't even just casualties of war, this is downright poor planning and impatience.  He sent in a team without any useful surveillance and gets a bunch of civillians killed.  But where's the outcry? The same republicans who decried Hillary as "Killary" for "killing" 4 Americans in Bengahzi aren't even raising their eyebrows at this.  Why?  Because a fucking Republican did it, that's why.  Even if one of the kids was an American, it doesn't matter, they're probably fucking cheering for the death of anyone they can.

FUCK you Trump and Fuck you Republicans!

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 04, 2017, 12:06:47 AM »
Wow...

Ok, how do you fake syrian refugee status?  And to what end?  You still don't pick your country.  You go where the un says.

Also, cite source of that 70% please.

Here's how migrants are faking refugee status.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/migrants-are-disguising-themselves-as-syrians-to-gain-entry-to-europe/2015/09/22/827c6026-5bd8-11e5-8475-781cc9851652_story.html

Europe is the US now?  How interesting...
Also, that article talked of arriving en mass wih others for a bettr life, not terrorism.  So... Yeah, doesn't help your point since refugees aren't able to arrive "en mass" to America.

Actually it does. It's the reason why we shouldn't accept them here.

A website surveying its members via web poll is not scientific nor unbiased.

And oh the other does not show the muslims in the US.  It surveys muslims who live in countries that operate under shair law.  If you made a survey on who thinks their country should run under the US constitution's laws, I bet Americans would be at 90% yes.  Its a heavily biased survey.

Yet those countries make up most of all Muslims.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 04, 2017, 09:21:01 AM »
Again, you seem to fail to grasp the very basics of refugee programs.  Large masses of people were arriving on boats and having to be sorted through and put into camps.  Some, if they had false IDs, would still need to be vetted and their Identities confirmed.  Especially if they go to the US, which has a very extreme vetting process.  And as you've noticed, large masses of people are not showing up on boats to the US shores.  So again, you're trying to point to a problem that doesn't really exist for the US. 

Irrelevant.
Even if it's a scientific survey (it's not) simply liking one set of laws over another does not mean much if you don't act upon them.  I like the idea of no guns in America.  Does that mean I shouldn't be allowed in because I may try to remove the 2nd amendment? 

Also, as ghost said, "some form" could simply mean "No alcohol" or "ban prostitutes".  It's really open to interpretation.  Doesn't mean violence.

And finally:
I happen to be taking Norwegian classes with about 10 refugees. (15 total class size)  Assimilation is not an easy thing but so far I haven't seen anything to suggest they aren't doing it.  That they aren't trying to adopt to the culture of their new home.  I'm also certain they'd love to go home, go back to their lives before all this shit.  But it's not an option for them now.  But I also don't see them trying to tear apart Norway and change it's laws to fit what they like.

« Reply #529 on: February 04, 2017, 03:46:34 PM »
"But we expect to be cutting a lot out of Dodd-Frank, because, frankly, I have so many people, friends of mine that have nice businesses that can’t borrow money, they just can’t get any money because the banks just won’t let them borrow because of the rules and regulations in Dodd-Frank.  So we’ll be talking about that, Jamie, in terms of the banking industry."

thank god we didn't get crooked shillery and her goldman sachs cronies writing the rules in washington to make her and her wall street friends rich.

finally we've got a president who will stand up for main street
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 04, 2017, 03:52:16 PM »
"But we expect to be cutting a lot out of Dodd-Frank, because, frankly, I have so many people, friends of mine that have nice businesses that can’t borrow money, they just can’t get any money because the banks just won’t let them borrow because of the rules and regulations in Dodd-Frank.  So we’ll be talking about that, Jamie, in terms of the banking industry."

thank god we didn't get crooked shillery and her goldman sachs cronies writing the rules in washington to make her and her wall street friends rich.

finally we've got a president who will stand up for main street
Or Killary who lets innocent Americans die.

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 05, 2017, 09:01:02 PM »
Again, you seem to fail to grasp the very basics of refugee programs.  Large masses of people were arriving on boats and having to be sorted through and put into camps.  Some, if they had false IDs, would still need to be vetted and their Identities confirmed.  Especially if they go to the US, which has a very extreme vetting process.  And as you've noticed, large masses of people are not showing up on boats to the US shores.  So again, you're trying to point to a problem that doesn't really exist for the US.

Which again, we're preventing a problem before it grows.

Irrelevant.
Even if it's a scientific survey (it's not) simply liking one set of laws over another does not mean much if you don't act upon them.  I like the idea of no guns in America.  Does that mean I shouldn't be allowed in because I may try to remove the 2nd amendment? 

I'd actually consider it. You (if you're not an immigrant then take "you" as a general sense) came to our country under the promise that you will abide by and promote our constitution. Advocating the undermining of one of our freedoms is in my opinion violation of your promise. Granted, up until now I haven't really thought of it so bear with my rough draft. So I have to think about that more.

Also, as ghost said, "some form" could simply mean "No alcohol" or "ban prostitutes".  It's really open to interpretation.  Doesn't mean violence.

However most them agree with parts that deny equal rights to women.

And finally:
I happen to be taking Norwegian classes with about 10 refugees. (15 total class size)  Assimilation is not an easy thing but so far I haven't seen anything to suggest they aren't doing it.  That they aren't trying to adopt to the culture of their new home.  I'm also certain they'd love to go home, go back to their lives before all this nonsense.  But it's not an option for them now.  But I also don't see them trying to tear apart Norway and change it's laws to fit what they like.

Then why places like Norway and Germany had a dramatic increase in rape since the exceptence of these "refugees"?
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 05, 2017, 10:18:48 PM »

I actually agree with you on some of these points.  The subject of immigration is so politicized that the discussion all too often goes to the extreme of "if you don't completely open up your borders you're Hitler!" or "if you let in anyone they're probably going to bomb us".

I'm not very concerned with terrorists getting in.  Our vetting process is pretty thorough.  I'm more concerned about a large influx of a population that insists on setting up a fascist theocracy.  Somewhat paradoxically this is why we should take on refugees and immigrants from these countries.  When you have a country the size of Norway it's very easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of refugees this Islamic civil war is creating.  The US on the other hand is 65 times larger.  Additionally we generate more cultural influence than any civilization in history and that's an easy thing to forget if you've never lived outside the country.  Any group that immigrates to this country is far more influenced by us than we are by them.  If America is caught in a rain storm we don't get wet, the water gets Americanized.

This conflict between radical Islam and the West is not fought between countries, it's a war of ideologies.  To attack its adherents directly is often to make that ideology stronger.  Moral high ground, liberty and cultural plurality are more effective weapons here.  Carefully vet anyone who immigrates here?  Absolutely.  Limit the numbers to what we can handle?  Yes.  And while we're at it let's drop "it's just their culture" as an excuse for terrible behavior.  But to shut them out entirely on the ground of security?  I think we're missing an important opportunity bring Islam out of the Bronze age.

That aside I'll ask you a question and it'll seem like I'm trying to bash you with your own faith but I really not.  I'm just curious.  Because there's several situations where modern Christians seem very at odds with this question.

What would Jesus do?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 05, 2017, 10:46:17 PM »

Which again, we're preventing a problem before it grows.
That's pretty damn racist, if that's the reasoning.  You're saying "let's prevent this (potential)problem before it becomes an issue by blocking everyone" yet America has far, far, far worse problems and it's terrorists are, more often than not, home grown yet they don't want to fix that.

However most them agree with parts that deny equal rights to women.
So do some Americans.  What's your point?

Then why places like Norway and Germany had a dramatic increase in rape since the exceptence of these "refugees"?
Yeah...
I live in Norway.  You're wrong by alot.
http://norwaytoday.info/news/marked-increase-rape-reviews/
http://norwaytoday.info/news/increase-number-rape-reviews/

First off, rate of reporting has increased.  Secondly, here in Norway, online abuse counts.  Third, assault rapes (like I assume you're referring too) are still very low.

Next time, pick a country I don't live in, yeah? 

« Reply #534 on: February 06, 2017, 11:41:58 AM »
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/us/politics/trump-white-house-aides-strategy.html?referer=https://t.co/4sFV11e2Jo

But for the moment, Mr. Bannon remains the president’s dominant adviser, despite Mr. Trump’s anger that he was not fully briefed on details of the executive order he signed giving his chief strategist a seat on the National Security Council, a greater source of frustration to the president than the fallout from the travel ban.

This would be quite funny if true.

"Hey bud, sign this piece of paper."
"What's it do?"
"Don't worry about it, just sign it."

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 06, 2017, 01:40:22 PM »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 06, 2017, 01:50:54 PM »
Trump is perfect.  Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 06, 2017, 03:45:25 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-foxnews-kremlin-idUSKBN15L0XC

So Russia wants an apology from Fox News.

This is interesting.  I'm curious to see if they do appologize.  If they do, it's evidence that Trump controls them.  If not, Trump may lash out at Fox and lose the only friend in media he has.  Should be fun.

In other news:
The house is terminating the EPA
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/861/text

Rama Set

« Reply #538 on: February 06, 2017, 04:38:32 PM »

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 06, 2017, 04:50:48 PM »
In other news:
The house is terminating the EPA
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/861/text

I want to see the text on this.
I'm sure we won't know what's in it until Trump signs it.