Thork

Eric Dubay shot us down
« on: March 02, 2015, 07:24:53 PM »
http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/03/flat-earth-society-controlled-op.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+atlanteanconspiracy%2FVAhj+%28The+Atlantean+Conspiracy%29

Well this makes very grim reading. Eric is a great FEr, gets lots of media coverage and has written some good books.

Due to the mockery that the other site has become, we are being discredited by our naturally allies.  :(
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:39:54 PM by Dr David Thork »

Saddam Hussein

Re: Eric Dubay shot us down
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 08:29:24 PM »
After a quick look on that website, my conclusion is that this guy is a nut.  We're better off keeping our distance from him.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 08:33:41 PM »
That other guy, Matthew Boylan, is a better pick. I don't know why we would want to court someone who believes in reptilian conspiracies and has a life goal to "expose every conspiracy from Atlantis to Zion," regardless of his ability to create some youtube videos explaining elements of FET.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:52:12 PM »
Perhaps someone should point out to Eric that these sites descended from Samuel Shenton/Charles Johnson' FES, not Leo Ferrari's Canadian FES.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 10:23:20 PM »
He's an attention whore trying to compete with the real FES by calling us a conspiracy. I wouldn't say he's of note at all. Just another guy with something to sell. "Hey, ignore those other guys. They're NASA shills. And while you're at it, buy my books, click on my ads, and donate money to me".
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:30:40 PM by Tausami »
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:47:13 PM »
Who gives a fuck, that dude is bonkers.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Ghost of V

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 11:32:29 PM »
Why are we looking to other non-members of this society for guidance? Was this Thork's idea? Because it's really terrible. Our representative should be in-house, otherwise we're just telling everyone "We can't do it ourselves, we need outside help". We are not incompetent, and we don't need help from outside nutters.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 02:26:43 AM »
Was this Thork's idea?

Yes.

I'm not sure if Tom was referring to Dubay or Boylan when he said that one of them was sceptimatic.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 03:41:16 AM »
Why are we looking to other non-members of this society for guidance? Was this Thork's idea? Because it's really terrible. Our representative should be in-house, otherwise we're just telling everyone "We can't do it ourselves, we need outside help". We are not incompetent, and we don't need help from outside nutters.

I think Thork is just really desperate for us to install someone other than Daniel. Which I can understand, I suppose.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 04:55:48 PM »
Overall, I think it's fair to say that Thork doesn't understand how FES works, be that right now or in the post-reunification scenario.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 08:33:34 PM »
Overall, I think it's fair to say that Thork doesn't understand
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Thork

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 11:45:28 PM »
Overall, I think it's fair to say that Thork doesn't understand how FES works, be that right now or in the post-reunification scenario.
No, I understand YOUR vision for it. I just don't agree with it.

Rama Set

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 11:59:19 PM »
Thork would rather Daniel control the forums.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 02:30:07 AM »
No, I understand YOUR vision for it.
You've demonstrated the opposite time and time again. I'm going to take some serious convincing to believe you've had a sudden change of heart.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 08:54:07 AM »
That other guy, Matthew Boylan, is a better pick.
Thanks for the reference.  I'll look check out what Boylan has to say.

I don't know why we would want to court someone who believes in reptilian conspiracies and has a life goal to "expose every conspiracy from Atlantis to Zion," regardless of his ability to create some youtube videos explaining elements of FET.
Of the two books DuBay has written, I agree with your view of his Atlantean conspiracy and avoided it.

However, I did see DuBay's video about flat earth conspiracy and quite agree with it.  He simply puts out good information as far as that goes, and I ordered a copy of his flat earth conspiracy book.    I particularly like what DuBay says about the pervasiveness of computer generated photographs of the earth.  This inspired me to thinking that I ought to demand that even one genuine photograph of a globular earth from overhead be presented by anyone who is taken aback at the mention that such photographs are fabricated since all of such photographs have been fabricated.  I do wonder how much thought and research DuBay devoted to his statement that satellites simply do not exist, but overall it's a good video.

It's good to see flat earth belief spreading it's wings, taking root here and there.  I'm for that all the way.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:59:42 AM by Dionysios »

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 09:13:01 AM »
http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/03/flat-earth-society-controlled-op.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+atlanteanconspiracy%2FVAhj+%28The+Atlantean+Conspiracy%29

Well this makes very grim reading. Eric is a great FEr, gets lots of media coverage and has written some good books. 

I just read this article by Eric, and I have to say that I completely agree with it. 
I never joined Daniel's society having always considered it repulsive, but I probably will join DuBay's society. 
It very much sounds like the best organization advocating a flat earth that I've come across since Charles Johnson - and that by a long shot.

Quote from: Tom Bishop
After looking again at Eric, Eric does seem to be the better researcher in terms of sheer material. Matthew Boylan seems to be the better interviewee.

We should attempt to court them both, The arguments they use are good, but can be refined. A few of the arguments Eric uses are things we've discussed before, are fallacious and don't work. Much of it is good, however. Some things were discussed that even I haven't seen. We can use more people like him.

I concur with these conclusions.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:20:31 AM by Dionysios »

Offline mister bickles

• while there's life, there's hope!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 01:47:05 AM »
That other guy, Matthew Boylan, is a better pick. I don't know why we would want to court someone who believes in reptilian conspiracies and has a life goal to "expose every conspiracy from Atlantis to Zion," regardless of his ability to create some youtube videos explaining elements of FET.

Boylan seems to be an interesting character;
i can't tell if he's for real or not, quite frankly;
(he says he went into 'comedy' so that "the men in black" [for want of a better term] wouldn't put a 'hit' on him  :o )

can any-one on here verify whether or not he actually did work for NASA in any capacity?
i know these "government agencies" have a habit of "disappearing" paper-work on whistle-blowers.....
it happened to that "Bob Lazar" character who, back in the 1980s, "blew the whistle" on Area 51;

would be interesting to get some of these NASA-types "off the record" and discover just how many are "in" on the FE cover-up  :-X

nisi Dominus frustra

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 08:14:54 AM »
Hello everyone, thanks to Thork and Dionysios for the support and encouragement!  Thanks for sharing my article and for your nomination in the other thread as "Flat Earth Messiah" or "Flat Earth President."   :)  I certainly want as little in-fighting between us few flat Earthers as possible, but at the same time I will always speak my mind and fight facts/evidence against unfounded opinions anywhere I find them, even in the flat Earth community.  Both of these split flat Earth societies claim to be from the Shenton/Johnson lineage, yet strangely neither society kept their namesake of IFERS, The International Flat Earth Research Society.  Even more strange is that both societies maintain easily disproven false flat Earth arguments in your shared FAQ such as the Earth constantly rising to account for gravity.  Many people on your forums display the behavior of paid agents and instead of being banned, it appears many are promoted to moderators.  Someone from this "Zetetic Council" commented on my article that they'd never heard of Leo Ferrari, even though he was Johnson's sworn enemy.  I replied:

For the Anonymous usurper of the "Zetetic" title, you are NOT the IFERS, you are the FES. These two organizations have existed simultaneously feuding for decades as I exposed in the article. After Johnson's house was burned down, he kept IFERS going until his death shortly after. Since then Ferrari's FES has been the sole FE organization in existence. Your FES has absolutely no legitimate claim to be "descended" from Shenton, Johnson et al., as you share the same name and modus operandi of their sworn enemy! If you were a continuation of the IFERS, you would have been called IFERS all these years, not FES. You are FES because you are the successors to Ferrari's FES. You claim the Earth is constantly accelerating upwards and put out other false-arguments to (as Johnson put it) "muddy the waters of truth." He called the FES "an enemy of the flat Earth work, yet you use the same name, false-arguments and satire that characterized the FES under Ferrari's presidency. You claim to be "descended" from genuine flat Earthers, but your farcical society's title, arguments and M.O. are identical to the flat Earth enemy's. Now that I'm exposing you, however, you want to claim that you ARE the "International Flat Earth Research Society!?" That's rich. You are the FES, the controlled opposition, the long-standing enemy of the IFERS, trying to assimilate the work of genuine flat Earther's into that Borg-like honey-pot operation you're running over there. I bet "Shenton" isn't even Daniel's real surname, probably just a fake name to muddy the waters further and subconsciously associate the FES with Shenton's old legitimate IFERS. The supposed "new" society split in two you're claiming is a joke. You still have the same name, logo, forum, FAQ, and your site admits you've recently just "reunited with your sister society," anyway so you're about as different from each other as someone with multiple personality disorder, excuse me, disassociate identity disorder, because you DID just have the audacity to claim descendency from IFERS, and claim not to even know who Leo Ferrari is!? The sworn enemy of genuine flat-Earthers, whose exact name and arguments you still use to this day, and you want to claim you've never even heard of him!? :) Your trolling days are over FES! Consider yourself exposed. Everyone who wants to be part of the genuine IFERS feel free to join, but anyone "muddying the waters of truth" with the same old FES controlled opposition bullshit will be banned. Only genuine flat Earthers and people interested in learning will be accepted:

http://ifers.boards.net

Just to set the record straight, in the other "Flat Earth Messiah" thread, "Tom Bishop" keeps going on and on about how I believe in and promote the reptilian alien non-sense.  How did you come to that conclusion Tom when I constantly write about the alien hoax/deception, expose David Icke's reptilian crap, and have never written a single thing promoting or saying I believe in that reptilian alien bullshit you keep accusing me of. 

I am honored that I would be considered for president of the Flat Earth Society, though I am already president of the International Flat Earth Research Society.  I would be willing to integrate somehow, but I doubt your FES would be willing to meet my demands which would include changing your name to IFERS, updating your FAQ with real answers, the caliber of which are present at IFERS, and giving me full administrative control of the forum and all material.  I'm sure that is beyond what you're willing to entrust me with, so until/if that day comes I will continue my lone crusade of continuing the genuine IFERS independently where I can maintain its integrity true to the vision of the Zetetics of yesteryear who would laugh at things like the Earth constantly rising to account for gravity.  Peace

Ghost of V

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 08:31:55 AM »
Eric, do you have a better model for a flat Earth? If so, stop with the petty insults and post the damn thing. We are mostly concerned with debating here, not playground drama.

Personally, I'd love to hear an alternate flat Earth model that holds up to more scrutiny than ours. Although I'd imagine it would be hard to find one.

Also, your forum seems suspiciously barren.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:39:16 AM by Vauxhall »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2015, 08:47:30 AM »
Hello Eric, welcome to the FES. As you can probably already see, we have quite a few people who are very passionate about the Flat Earth subject here. Nonetheless, any disagreements we may have aside, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

I would like to clarify that we have no links to the Flat Earth Society of Canada, and any such accusations should be backed with ample evidence rather than restating the non-point over and over. IFERS is generally used as the official name (as printed in certificates and press releases), while FES is the everyday name used for ease of reference. Note that neither of those are FESoC, which for some reason you insist on branding FES. The only thing you've managed to "expose" so far is that you disagree with us (which is fine), and that you're willing to lower yourself to slander to exclaim it (which is not fine).

That said, this society operates under the principles of volunteer contribution and general consensus. If you want to see our FAQ changed, convince our members that your views are correct. If you establish yourself here, I'll happily grant you edit access to our Wiki, and you'll be able to shape it together with us. Notably, this would require you to act at the very least in a neutral manner. You may want to forget your "full administrative control" idea for a few years - we don't just hand that out to strangers.

If you want to make contributions to the Flat Earth model, you've found the right place. Now you just need to actually start contributing and convincing people that what you have to say is true. If that's not fine by you, I expect most our members (other than Thork) will consider you largely irrelevant.