Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #2000 on: July 30, 2017, 11:48:22 AM »
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/28/politics/john-kelly-chief-of-staff/index.html

And I just totally missed this.  My wife caught it on a norwegian news paper.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: July 30, 2017, 12:37:21 PM »
http://fortune.com/2017/07/14/trump-blocked-me-on-twitter-and-its-costing-me-my-career/

It's almost as if building your life around someone's Twitter profile and forcing the narrative that it should be considered "official statements" has the potential to backfire.

It's not like the White House has discouraged such a narrative:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/trump-tweets-official-statements/index.html
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: July 30, 2017, 01:19:09 PM »
It's not like the White House has discouraged such a narrative
Yes, it was a mistake not to tell them to fuck off. As mentioned before: Spicer is an idiot. But it's still not their fault that the media pushed for this.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #2003 on: July 30, 2017, 02:49:29 PM »
poorly thought out idea: the gop should just give in on single-payer and see what concessions they can get from the dnc in exchange.

Or if you're trying not to eat carbs. I've eaten many a hot dog without a bun, us ladies gotta watch our figures.

ewwwwwww.  ew.  please tell me you at least slathered it in chili?

Yes, it was a mistake not to tell them to fuck off. As mentioned before: Spicer is an idiot. But it's still not their fault that the media pushed for this.

i kinda don't get why you're so black-and-white on this.  i mean it's not like the "media" invented the notion of taking the president's twitter account seriously.  just because the president's twitter account isn't literally the law doesn't mean it means nothing.  there's a middle ground.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: July 30, 2017, 02:57:21 PM »
It's not like the White House has discouraged such a narrative
Eh, I think it was Trump that pushed it more than the media.
I mean, Obama tweeted and the media barely gave a damn.

Trump, by contrast, has said that this is his message.  That this is to put it out so the "dishonest media" doesn't distort his message.  So what's the media to do when the president literally says "This is my message."?  Twitter is his daily press briefing.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: July 30, 2017, 03:27:35 PM »
ewwwwwww.  ew.  please tell me you at least slathered it in chili?
Yes, I have done that before and it is quite delicious.

But I don't understand why it's gross without the bun? It's basically a cheap, small, sausage. A cut up hot dog is a staple for children - is it gross then?
It's leaps and bounds better than eating steak with ketchup.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: July 30, 2017, 08:01:15 PM »
i kinda don't get why you're so black-and-white on this.  i mean it's not like the "media" invented the notion of taking the president's twitter account seriously.  just because the president's twitter account isn't literally the law doesn't mean it means nothing.  there's a middle ground.
Of course there's a middle ground. I'm not so much black-and-white about this as I am "white would be vastly preferable to black". A light-ish shade of grey would be a perfectly reasonable option.

« Reply #2007 on: July 31, 2017, 04:55:46 PM »
But I don't understand why it's gross without the bun?

so i actually love hotdogs, and tbh i can't quite articulate what it is about taking the bun away that makes it gross to me.  i'm not even sure gross is the right word.  i think it's a completeness thing.  like eating a hamburger patty with no bun.  it just sorta feels...not right?  like i'm just eating one ingredient of a meal.

in other words "you're michael scott" is basically what i'm saying:

Of course there's a middle ground. I'm not so much black-and-white about this as I am "white would be vastly preferable to black". A light-ish shade of grey would be a perfectly reasonable option.

so like, evening shadow?

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: July 31, 2017, 06:59:02 PM »
Bye Scaramucci. I probably wouldn't bother listing this one on your resume...

What a joke of an administration.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: July 31, 2017, 07:08:12 PM »

What a joke of an administration.

He got fired?
Or quit?
What?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

« Reply #2011 on: July 31, 2017, 07:11:17 PM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/31/trump-ousts-scaramucci-as-communications-director-241172

So he missed the birth of his child for a job that only lasted 10 days.

Well done. "No WH chaos!"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: July 31, 2017, 08:42:39 PM »
so like, evening shadow?

I'd like a silk white, but I'll take an evening shadow without complaining. (ok we all know I'd be complaining but still)

'Ey, fuck you. How 'bout that?

He was somehow worse than Spicer. I look forward to his successor.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: July 31, 2017, 08:54:57 PM »
Yeah but Kelly asked for it.  Which is ironic since Scaramucci basically got the previous guy fired and said replacement got him fired.  It's a backstabbing circle!

And how's that for loyalty?  Trump stabbed "The Mooch" (why would anyone want to be the mooch?  Does he even know what a mooch is?) in the back pretty damn quick despite having him report to Trump directly.

This is a good opinion article I read btw.
https://thefederalist.com/2017/07/31/anthony-scaramucci-man-trump-america-need/

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: July 31, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/31/trump-ousts-scaramucci-as-communications-director-241172

So he missed the birth of his child for a job that only lasted 10 days.

Well done. "No WH chaos!"

And saw his wife file for divorce to boot, though I suppose that might be unrelated.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #2015 on: July 31, 2017, 11:44:51 PM »
I'd like a silk white, but I'll take an evening shadow without complaining. (ok we all know I'd be complaining but still)

Why do you want Trump's Twitter not to be treated seriously?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: August 01, 2017, 12:28:03 AM »
Why do you want Trump's Twitter not to be treated seriously?
The exact reason for this is a bit difficult to explain, because it's a mix of gut feeling and unsubstantiated thoughts and actual research. Take this post with a grain of salt. Oh, and apologies in advance if I make no fucking sense.

Twitter has been my research area for just under a year now, and one of the most important early observations I've made about it is that it changes how you express your views (this is hardly a breakthrough; there is general consensus that this does happen). They become shallower and more binary. It also hugely encourages homophily and echo chambers. It's simply not a good means of establishing a person's thoughts. So, by assuming that Trump's Twitter is always an accurate representation of his thoughts, we are effectively creating a radicalised Trump. I worry that, to an extent, that narrative then turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy. Everyone, dissenters and supporters, expects Trump to be more radical than Trump really is, so he pushes himself to be more radical.

But also, he somehow manages to redirect media attention to what is effectively shitposting, and not even particularly good shitposting. Whenever he needs attention diverted for something, he just drops a big ol' fart on Twitter and the media become preoccupied for a week. I'm fine(-ish) with taking some of Trump's tweets seriously - I would say that some of his tweets are quite clearly shorthand announcements of policy and such; but I'm strongly opposed to the current frenzied state of affairs in which everything he says on Twitter is of utmost importance.

Offline Boodidlie

• God is sovereign and I'm just along for the ride
    • View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #2017 on: August 01, 2017, 03:40:05 AM »

[size=150]  headlines 2017[/size]

07-01-2017 .. Celebrate Freedom Concert honoring our nation's veterans
05-22-2017 .. President Trump Gives Remarks with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu
05-22-2017 .. President Trump Gives Remarks with Israeli President Rivlin
04-20-2017 .. shattered - Clinton campaign dysfunction revealed
02-28-2017 .. President Trump’s Address to the Nation
02-18-2017 .. President Trump Makes Remarks at Boeing
02-16-2017 .. update press (Trump eats the Press) conference in the East Room of the White House
02-15-2017 .. President Trump participates in a joint press conference with The Prime Minister of Israel

CBS

FOX
PBS
CNN
NBC
ABC
CBS
MESSNBC
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:32:16 PM by Boodidlie »
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

Rama Set

« Reply #2018 on: August 01, 2017, 03:44:52 AM »
Speaking of shitposting. Is there a point before I consider wading in to that?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: August 01, 2017, 10:38:23 AM »
I don't think anyone here needs 8 different uncut election coverage videos. Most of us are likely to know by now that Trump won.