Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #820 on: March 01, 2017, 05:21:44 AM »
So basically all the "OMG Trump loves America!" I've seen is him actually staying on script?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 01, 2017, 05:36:10 AM »
Gosh, Dave, why do you have to put such a negative spin on everything?

btw good on you, getting out before this happened.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 01, 2017, 07:15:01 AM »
Gosh, Dave, why do you have to put such a negative spin on everything?

btw good on you, getting out before this happened.
I read facebook comments.  Keeps me bitter.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #823 on: March 01, 2017, 04:39:14 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/28/us/politics/trump-speech.html

The plot thickens?

A Speech?!? GASP!!!!!! SOMEONE LOCK THIS MAD MAN AWAY!!!!!

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 01, 2017, 06:59:40 PM »

The plot thickens?

Notice the question mark.

He's confused, I suspect, because Trump acted presidential.  He spoke in a way that he should have been speaking all along.  Which is confusing since his speech didn't match some of the things he said prior to it.

Almost like it was written by someone else (it was) and Trump was told "just read this."

Rama Set

« Reply #825 on: March 01, 2017, 07:20:17 PM »

The plot thickens?

He's confused, I suspect, because Trump acted presidential.  He spoke in a way that he should have been speaking all along.  Which is confusing since his speech didn't match some of the things he said prior to it.

Almost like it was written by someone else (it was) and Trump was told "just read this."

Also, the proposal by Trump of legislation giving illegal immigrants official status.

« Reply #826 on: March 01, 2017, 07:41:24 PM »

The plot thickens?

Also, the proposal by Trump of legislation giving illegal immigrants official status.

You haven't been watching the Trump speeches I have been watching then. Maybe you saw a rally, or a debate. And are you saying that speech writers aren't a thing that even the gold tongue devil Obama himself uses?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 01, 2017, 08:01:32 PM »

The plot thickens?

You haven't been watching the Trump speeches I have been watching then. Maybe you saw a rally, or a debate.

And are you saying that speech writers aren't a thing that even the gold tongue devil Obama himself uses?

See, speech writers are fine.  In fact, Trump has speech writers but he often doesn't use them properly or goes off the cuff alot.  Which is a problem when you're addressing an audience that expects consistency and presidential posture.

But from what I hear the mannerism was perfectly presidential so good for him.
He just has to keep that up.

Rama Set

« Reply #828 on: March 02, 2017, 03:29:24 AM »

The plot thickens?

You haven't been watching the Trump speeches I have been watching then. Maybe you saw a rally, or a debate. And are you saying that speech writers aren't a thing that even the gold tongue devil Obama himself uses?

Maybe read the article Honk posted before getting self-righteous?  I know it can be tough to reign it in.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 02, 2017, 05:45:48 PM »

« Reply #830 on: March 02, 2017, 06:01:51 PM »
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/01/518058002/ag-sessions-talks-with-russian-envoy-may-be-conflict-with-senate-testimony

Whoops?

"I did not have diplomatic relations with that man, Sergey Kislyak"

He never said he didn't talk to any Russian diplomats. His job before this was precisely that, speaking with foreign ambassadors from around the world. He said he didn't speak to them in regard to the campaign.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 02, 2017, 06:21:43 PM »
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/01/518058002/ag-sessions-talks-with-russian-envoy-may-be-conflict-with-senate-testimony

Whoops?

He never said he didn't talk to any Russian diplomats. His job before this was precisely that, speaking with foreign ambassadors from around the world. He said he didn't speak to them in regard to the campaign.
Actually the issue is he lied about it to the senate during his confirmation hearing.  (You didn't read the link, did you?)
Thus, my choice of play on Bill Clinton's lie to Congress.   Not that he did or didn't talk to him, but that he lied about it to the confirmation hearing.

« Reply #832 on: March 02, 2017, 06:24:48 PM »

Whoops?

"I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians."

Can you point to the part of this quote where Sessions qualifies meeting with "Russians" with only those meetings having to do with the campaign? Because, to me, it reads like he is saying (a) he has been called a surrogate in the campaign, and (b) he did not have communications with the Russians. Which, I'd also like to point out, was not even an answer to the question he was asked.

« Reply #833 on: March 02, 2017, 08:08:02 PM »

Whoops?

"I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians."

Can you point to the part of this quote where Sessions qualifies meeting with "Russians" with only those meetings having to do with the campaign? Because, to me, it reads like he is saying (a) he has been called a surrogate in the campaign, and (b) he did not have communications with the Russians. Which, I'd also like to point out, was not even an answer to the question he was asked.

The part where he said the word campaign.

And then here is the a transcript with the actual question.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story though

« Reply #834 on: March 02, 2017, 08:59:47 PM »
The full transcript doesn't show anything of the kind in your copypasta. Senator Franken asked, "if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign (which Sessions was) communicated with the Russian government in the course of the campaign (during the campaign), what will you do?"

Sessions proceeds to not answer the question and say "I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign (true) and I did not have communications with the Russians (false)." To insert words into his quote to change the meaning is overly generous. Sessions said he did not communicate with "Russians". That is false. If he meant to say "about the campaign" or "as a campaign surrogate", he should have said that. Oh, and by the way, there's no evidence that he didn't talk about the campaign, and I really think that's out of the question given that one of the meetings with the ambassador was at the Republican National Convention.

« Reply #835 on: March 02, 2017, 09:05:37 PM »
How was Sessions affiliated with the campaign? What was his function within KAC's strategy?

« Reply #836 on: March 02, 2017, 10:45:51 PM »
How was Sessions affiliated with the campaign? What was his function within KAC's strategy?

He was a campaign advisor, specifically the Chairman of a National Security Advisory Committee.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-announces-senator-sessions-to-serve-as-chairman-of-national

« Reply #837 on: March 03, 2017, 02:25:43 AM »

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story though

The question: "...if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

WaPo's characterization: "Sessions was asked...what he would do if he learned of any evidence that anyone affiliated with the trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of the 2016 campaign."

lol yep terrible reporting.  totally inaccurate.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 03, 2017, 05:08:20 AM »
Sessions has recused himself from the investigation into Russian involvement, which is the bare minimum in terms of an appropriate response, but I suppose it's a start. I love the quote from Trump, too. He's still sticking to his obviously contradictory story about how these allegations are simultaneously serious leaks from intelligence agencies and fabricated news from the media. The lie is so easy to spot that it could be in an Encyclopedia Brown mystery. How did Encyclopedia know that Trump was lying?
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

« Reply #839 on: March 03, 2017, 11:34:00 AM »
Quote of the Week: "Somehow, the subject of the Ukraine came up."

I hate when the Ukraine just comes up randomly in conversation.