Dual1ty

Re: There is no LGBT agenda within the government.
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2023, 10:57:22 PM »
Hormone therapy = more Big Bucks for Big Pharma, corrupt politicians and regulators.

And some of the powerful psychos enjoy turning the frogs gay and your children into drag queens.

A perfect combination from Hell.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 11:06:25 PM by Dual1ty »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2023, 06:20:56 AM »
Wonder why the hormone therapy being pushed by government is designed to give the person the body the person thinks they have, rather than a hormone therapy designed to set the mind straight with the body that is currently in existence.
Because there isn't one.  If there were, we'd be pushing that.  But there isn't a hormone to rewire the brain.
Who said anything about rewiring? Hormones most certainly play a part in how a person thinks. No need to rewire.
https://drbrighten.com/hormones-affect-brain-health/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6422548/
Seems there is a government agenda.

Sure they can affect your thinking.  Now which hormone makes you cis?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2023, 10:53:51 AM »
Wonder why the hormone therapy being pushed by government is designed to give the person the body the person thinks they have, rather than a hormone therapy designed to set the mind straight with the body that is currently in existence.
Because there isn't one.  If there were, we'd be pushing that.  But there isn't a hormone to rewire the brain.
Who said anything about rewiring? Hormones most certainly play a part in how a person thinks. No need to rewire.

I see...offer up a faulty brain that cannot be "rewired," and then claim that hormones make "cis." Really, you must pull in a killing doing standup...your post is bereft of reason.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2023, 11:19:21 AM »

I see...offer up a faulty brain that cannot be "rewired," and then claim that hormones make "cis." Really, you must pull in a killing doing standup...your post is bereft of reason.
You made the claim that you can fix gender dysphoria with hormones.  CIS is the "normal" person.  Ie. Straight and the gender of their body.
So tell me which hormones do we give someone to make them from trans to CIS?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2023, 03:11:15 PM »
You made the claim that you can fix gender dysphoria with hormones.  CIS is the "normal" person.  Ie. Straight and the gender of their body.
Where did I make a claim?

I have made no claim.

I wondered as to why there is no hormone therapy designed to make the brain match the body the person was born with. The only therapy offered is to make the body match the brain.

You, on the other hand, made THE CLAIM there is no hormone therapy to "rewire," the brain (which is utter bullshit, to begin with. You knew it when you wrote it, and if you didn't know it, then you have zero business even posting in this thread).

The brain is already wired with the effects of hormones. That is a damn fact.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 12:38:00 PM by Action80 »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2023, 04:00:31 PM »

I have made no claim.

I wondered as to why there is no hormone therapy designed to make the brain match the body the person was born with. The only therapy offered is to make the body match the the brain.

You, on the other hand, made THE CLAIM there is no hormone therapy to "rewire," the brain (which is utter bullshit, to begin with. You knew it when you wrote it, and if you didn't know it, then you have zero business even posting in this thread).

.... There is no hormone to rewire the brain.  Hornones affect the brain, but it doesn't change the connections between neurons.  It can certainly promote reinforced behavior but testosterone won't make you go from thinking you're a girl to thinking you're a boy.

And really, you should be happy no research was done.  Imagine if the government could put something in your water and make you a gay and trans?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2023, 05:41:46 PM »

I have made no claim.

I wondered as to why there is no hormone therapy designed to make the brain match the body the person was born with. The only therapy offered is to make the body match the the brain.

.... There is no hormone to rewire the brain.  Hornones affect the brain, but it doesn't change the connections between neurons.  It can certainly promote reinforced behavior but testosterone won't make you go from thinking you're a girl to thinking you're a boy.

And really, you should be happy no research was done.  Imagine if the government could put something in your water and make you a gay and trans?
Again, rewiring isn't necessary, so you are left with the egg on your face for introducing it. There is nothing in the wiring leading people to think they are are trans to begin with. Feelings, yeah...real, no...

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2023, 05:57:48 PM »

I have made no claim.

Again, rewiring isn't necessary, so you are left with the egg on your face for introducing it. There is nothing in the wiring leading people to think they are are trans to begin with. Feelings, yeah...real, no...

Then please, do tell us what makes you non-trans and others trans?  What brilliant emotional development was somehow lacking?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2023, 08:26:44 PM »

I have made no claim.

Again, rewiring isn't necessary, so you are left with the egg on your face for introducing it. There is nothing in the wiring leading people to think they are trans to begin with. Feelings, yeah...real, no...

Then please, do tell us what makes you non-trans and others trans?  What brilliant emotional development was somehow lacking?
Evidently, you are the expert, right? You have a firm grip, claiming the hormones don't have anything to do with the mental state, while at the same time acknowledging the hormones have EVERYTHING to do with the mental state.

Just quit with the nonsense trolls. I asked a simple question as to why no hormone therapy was being pushed to match the mind with existing body. You got a problem with that, because you know that would be the normal thing to do, and you are an advocate for everything abnormal, just for the funsies and the feelsies.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2023, 03:43:41 AM »

I have made no claim.

Again, rewiring isn't necessary, so you are left with the egg on your face for introducing it. There is nothing in the wiring leading people to think they are trans to begin with. Feelings, yeah...real, no...

Evidently, you are the expert, right? You have a firm grip, claiming the hormones don't have anything to do with the mental state, while at the same time acknowledging the hormones have EVERYTHING to do with the mental state.

Just quit with the nonsense trolls. I asked a simple question as to why no hormone therapy was being pushed to match the mind with existing body. You got a problem with that, because you know that would be the normal thing to do, and you are an advocate for everything abnormal, just for the funsies and the feelsies.

Mental state and hardwiring are not the same thing.
If I get drunk, I've altered my mental state.
If I'm horny or angry, my mental state is altered.

None of those makes me feel like I'm the wrong gender.

Also, if you DO feel like you're in the wrong body, pumping the same hormone you likely have a normal amount of isn't gonna help. (Ie. Boy thinking he is a girl getting testosterone won't help him think less)

There is no naturally made hormone that affects gender identity. 

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2023, 12:10:13 PM »
Here we go...gender is an issue related to "feeling." What a crock...

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2023, 12:15:39 PM »

It is.
Like lets say I pump you full of testosterone and force it into you for a year, Hormone Therapy, to change you from a woman to a man.  You won't think you're a man, you'll just feel wrong. 

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2023, 12:53:27 PM »

It is.
Like lets say I pump you full of testosterone and force it into you for a year, Hormone Therapy, to change you from a woman to a man.  You won't think you're a man, you'll just feel wrong.
Oh, so you believe gender is a defining of male and female.

LOL...the circles and hoops these people will try to put you though in their concerted effort to gaslight the fuck out of the population...

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2023, 03:01:37 PM »

It is.
Oh, so you believe gender is a defining of male and female.

LOL...the circles and hoops these people will try to put you though in their concerted effort to gaslight the fuck out of the population...
For now, yes.
I'm waiting for the finalized memo on how many genders there are.

Dual1ty

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2023, 10:41:40 PM »
Nobody is "born in the wrong body", it's all lies. It's gender dysphoria - aka gender identity disorder - which didn't exist before second-wave feminism.

Change my mind (facts are my currency, so if you don't have them don't even try).

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2023, 11:14:28 PM »
Nobody is "born in the wrong body", it's all lies. It's gender dysphoria - aka gender identity disorder - which didn't exist before second-wave feminism.

Change my mind (facts are my currency, so if you don't have them don't even try).

How about this from the American Urological Association's official journal:
Transsexualism, gender dysphoria, and non-gender conforming identities have existed throughout history. Historical recordings of cross-dressing date as far back as Ancient Egypt in 1500 BC, with Queen Hatshepsut ascending to the throne wearing male clothing and a beard. In Ancient Rome in 220 AD, Emperor Elagabalus, known for his bisexual encounters, reportedly offered a reward for any doctor who could provide him female genitalia.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Dual1ty

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2023, 10:37:35 AM »

How about this from the American Urological Association's official journal:
Transsexualism, gender dysphoria, and non-gender conforming identities have existed throughout history. Historical recordings of cross-dressing date as far back as Ancient Egypt in 1500 BC, with Queen Hatshepsut ascending to the throne wearing male clothing and a beard. In Ancient Rome in 220 AD, Emperor Elagabalus, known for his bisexual encounters, reportedly offered a reward for any doctor who could provide him female genitalia.

BULLSHIT!

Quote from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatshepsut#Building_projects
Hatshepsut was one of the most prolific builders in Ancient Egypt, commissioning hundreds of construction projects throughout both Upper Egypt and Lower Egypt. Many of these building projects were temples to build her religious base and legitimacy beyond her position as God's Wife of Amun. At these temples, she performed religious rituals that had hitherto been reserved for kings, corroborating the evidence that Hatshepsut assumed traditionally male roles as pharaoh. She employed the great architect Ineni, who also had worked for her father, her husband, and for the royal steward Senenmut. The extant artifacts of the statuary provide archaeological evidence of Hatshepsut's portrayals of herself as a male pharaoh, with physically masculine traits and traditionally male Ancient Egyptian garb, such as a false beard and ram's horns. These images are seen as symbolic, and not evidence of cross-dressing or androgyny.

Quote from: ChatGPT
Elagabalus is infamous for his controversial and extravagant lifestyle. While it is true that Elagabalus engaged in various sexual encounters, including those with both men and women, there is no historical evidence to support the claim that he offered a reward for a doctor who could provide him with female genitalia.

Elagabalus was known for his disregard for traditional Roman customs and his extravagant behavior. He married and divorced multiple times, including marriages to both men and women. He also engaged in cross-dressing and other behaviors that were considered scandalous by the Roman elite. However, it is important to approach historical accounts of Elagabalus with caution, as they were often written by his political enemies who sought to portray him in a negative light.

So far, all you have is an 18 year old deviant Roman emperor and a female paharaoh that supposedly portrayed herself as a male pharaoh. Needless to say, you're gonna have to do better than that if you want to change my mind. ;D

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2023, 01:34:32 PM »
You're going to have a hard time finding examples of people who were open about being what we'd now consider to be trans back during a time when homosexuality was usually considered to be criminal sexual deviancy, to say nothing about dressing up as or behaving like the opposite gender. It doesn't mean that nobody ever felt like their gender identity and their biological sex didn't match before second-wave feminists put the idea in their heads; it means that nobody would be willing to say they feel that way when society would never accept or tolerate it. You could say the same thing about gay people, or even atheists, to give a non-sexual example. There's a huge difference between nobody feeling a certain way and nobody daring to admit they feel a certain way to a society that will punish them for it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 04:41:57 AM by honk »
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2023, 02:13:28 PM »
You're going to have a hard time finding examples of people who were open about what we'd now consider to be trans back during a time when homosexuality was usually considered to be criminal sexual deviancy, to say nothing about dressing up as or behaving like the opposite gender. It doesn't mean that nobody ever felt like their gender identity and their biological sex didn't match before second-wave feminists put the idea in their heads; it means that nobody would be willing to say they feel that way when society would never accept or tolerate it. You could say the same thing about gay people, or even atheists, to give a non-sexual example. There's a huge difference between nobody feeling a certain way and nobody daring to admit they feel a certain way to a society that will punish them for it.

This here is why we're seeing a "sudden" explosion of trans, gay, etc...
Because now its tolerated (in some places)so they can actually be public about it.

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2023, 05:57:36 PM »
Why should I *care* if a lot of people are trans? I don’t think I’m wrapping my head around this. And claiming that “kids are getting life altering serjeree” is admitting that you know nothing about this.

My lifelong friend who is trans is literally having to keep track of laws across all states and keep up research to see where it is SAFE TO LIVE. Is that what politicians should be doing for citizens?