Offline RhesusVX

• 1/137.03599913
    • View Profile
Moon bounce - amateur radio communication
« on: November 12, 2020, 11:26:19 AM »
Flat Earth theory has the moon stated as being a rotating sphere, 32 miles across and about 3,000 miles above the surface of the Earth.  I think it's fair to say we all agree that the speed of light in a vacuum is 299,792,458 m/s (as used in the EA formula) and by inference, agree what a meter and a second represent as units of measure.  I think it's also fair to say that we all agree radio exists as a means of communication and entertainment that does not have to rely on satellites in orbit, just good-old fashioned line of sight, atmospheric propagation and bouncing signals off objects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%E2%80%93Moon%E2%80%93Earth_communication

As a technique still in use today by amateur radio enthusiasts the world over, the measured round trip for signals is about 2.56 seconds.  Do the maths and this give an Earth to Moon distance of 383,734 km (238,441 miles).  This correlates with the accepted distance to the Moon as measured multiple times by various different methods, so I'm wondering how this is accounted for in FET without it just being added to the conspiracy pile.
Quote from:  Earth, Solar System, Oort Cloud, LIC, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, Universe
"Sometimes you need to take a step back to see the bigger picture, and sometimes you need to think outside the box dome"