Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2015, 10:10:31 PM »
Man, and I thought some of the things the community suggested were frightening. What the developers are doing is worse.

This is something the developers have conceptualized. A boarding torpedo.

The design suggests it is used by the game's primary alien antagonists.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:12:06 PM by Irushwithscvs »

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2015, 05:46:10 PM »
Alright, it's been two months of me not having a computer. I was fairly certain once I got back up and running, Star Citizen FPS would be out in the wild. Well? Where dafuq is it? God dammit Robbie Chrisberts, you got me again.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2015, 01:20:11 AM »

The quality of the video isn't very good. Hopefully I can find a better one here soon.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:23:00 AM by Rushy »

Thork

« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2015, 10:40:39 AM »
Is this game ever likely to be made or is selling invincible ships that don't exists at $5000 each a better business model?

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2015, 02:41:02 PM »
Anyone who isn't a daft troll willing to respond?

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2015, 02:50:54 PM »
Anyone who isn't a daft troll willing to respond?
Th*rk isn't a troll. He's just a massive moron.
The Mastery.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2015, 02:56:32 PM »
I'm actually pretty interested in this game. As soon as they have a Linux version that works with my Radeon HD 6850, I'm there.

I'm possibly there either way if the final release looks good enough to warrant a graphics upgrade.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2015, 08:36:09 AM »
If this game is released complete and whole as a fully imagined space simulator, it will be the 8th wonder of the world.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2015, 01:46:45 AM »
I have just seen the prices for Star Citizen.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/game-packages

The greed on display here is mind blowing. Would you like a game pack with a battleship? $15,000 please. Yeah, I'm not shitting you. You can spend $15,000 on this game to get the best ships.

So what if your wallet is a bit emptier? Well you can play the game in a skip for $30 but that doesn't give you access to the alpha and betas for the game. Most small ships will set you back $100. And that's before you have bought any upgrades for your ships.

Their pricing model is ridiculous. This is a game for the children of Chinese millionaires. Anyone else might as well hide in a small corner of the universe and hope never to be found.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2015, 02:01:03 AM »
Their pricing model is ridiculous. This is a game for the children of Chinese millionaires. Anyone else might as well hide in a small corner of the universe and hope never to be found.

I spent a couple of minutes Googling and came upon this:

Some in-game items may be available as microtransactions, but we will NEVER sell anything that can’t be acquired through honest (and fun!) gameplay.

So you can work your way up to those advanced ships in the game, they're just funding the game's development by allowing people to pledge large sums of money in exchange for skipping ahead. If the game wouldn't exist without crowd funding, that seems fair to me. It's no more unbalanced than it will be once people start acquiring those ships through gameplay and new people start joining in pleb ships; if the game doesn't have a mechanic to deal with that, it's going to suck for noobs either way.

Now, I'm not familiar enough with the game to categorically rule out it being a rip-off, but there's more to it than just "you have to pay $15k to get the best ships".

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2015, 01:44:50 PM »
Parsifal, are you aware that Saddam just copy and pasted a Thork post?

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2015, 02:04:02 PM »
Parsifal, are you aware that Saddam just copy and pasted a Thork post?

No. I try not to read Thork's posts in threads I'm not already engaged in, and that was entirely believable coming out of Saddam's mouth.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2015, 02:34:45 PM »
It was.
The Mastery.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2015, 02:41:34 PM »
It most certainly was.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2015, 04:16:16 PM »
It really was
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2015, 03:05:36 AM »
Haha she was
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2015, 09:55:50 PM »

Press release version of the CitCon stream video of the newer combined FPS/Multicrew setup.

Thork

« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2015, 09:14:12 PM »

Press release version of the CitCon stream video of the newer combined FPS/Multicrew setup.
I got 2 mins in, but the sound of that guy running about on a tambourine was pretty annoying. Why the super noisy feet?

Some in-game items may be available as microtransactions,
$15,000 is a microtransaction? Not to me it isn't. It's a majortransaction. Imagine explaining that to the wife or girlfriend. Yeah, sorry, we can't do those 4 cruises we wanted. I bought a digital ship. Nah, that new car would of been quite useful, but I got a digital ship instead. The deposit for the house? Nah, I bought a kick ass digital ship instead. Jack and the beanstalk is taught to all children, and yet there are still morons who didn't get the moral of the story.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2015, 10:11:31 PM »

I like how the guy is standing up in the ship when it warps and he isn't instantly turned into goop on the wall. Still, it looks like a pretty sweet game. I hope it gets finished.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2015, 11:01:42 PM »
I got 2 mins in, but the sound of that guy running about on a tambourine was pretty annoying. Why the super noisy feet?

Come on, you can come up with a better complaint than that. How about the fact that their helmets don't connect to their suits, leaving an obvious air gap between the head and torso? The ships that move like they all weigh ten pounds? At least put some effort into your Thorking.

I like how the guy is standing up in the ship when it warps and he isn't instantly turned into goop on the wall. Still, it looks like a pretty sweet game. I hope it gets finished.

They were really proud of the physics grid allowing you to walk around while the ship is moving so quickly across the map. In the earlier versions, you'd just clip right out of the ship as it speeds away.