Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
Re: REQUEST FOR COMMENTS: Reunification Proposal
« Reply #180 on: March 02, 2015, 02:08:53 PM »
Does anything useful actually get discussed at the other site? The last time I popped in, it had been more than a week since the last post.

Rama Set

« Reply #181 on: March 02, 2015, 09:49:50 PM »
Does anything useful actually get discussed at the other site? The last time I popped in, it had been more than a week since the last post.

You must have been doing something wrong.  I am on the other site everyday and there are a lot of posts in all the upper fora, except perhaps FE Believers.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2015, 11:12:38 PM »
Will you and Parsifal lose ultimate ownership of this forum in case of a split?
No. The forum will remain on a server owned and controlled by Parsifal (either where it currently is or a new VPS dedicated to hosting FES). While we want to build this merger on the atmosphere of mutual trust, I feel that we've taken sufficient precautions in case things go wrong.
If anything does ever go wrong, I might perhaps be the first volunteer to meet him and discuss our concerns:

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2015, 09:06:36 PM »
This is never going to happen, is it?

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2015, 09:13:40 PM »
This is never going to happen, is it?

Are we surprised? Daniel is involved.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 22, 2015, 12:05:14 AM »
If my sources are correct (PizaaPlanet), we are waiting on Daniel to move the forums to a seperate server.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 22, 2015, 04:39:50 AM »
Well, it's looking like a rival flat earth group is forming around Eric Dubay who is decidedly more energetic and definitely critical of Daniel Shenton. I noticed that Dubay has another kind of demon, a different weakness: hard core crude anti-semitism which is unfortunate, but he's obviously a better researcher than Daniel. 

Possibly the competition of two sincere flat earth groups with very distinctive followings would be beneficial to the overall cause of scientific truth. I suggest absorbing and benefiting from Dubay's research without of course imbibing his error or joining with him. Keep the best - leave the rest. I perceive it is very important to the future of this forum to be familiar with and keep abreast of Eric DuBay's and Matthew Boylan's publicly shared information. This community is more agnostic and politically left than the crowd forming around Dubay, but the posts and content of his forum are vastly better than Daniel's. This forum as of now has at least one advantage in that it is significantly better organized than DuBay's ifers.boards.net forum.  From what pizza planet says, it does not sound like Daniel has succeeded in rigging this forum to degenerate into a travesty, and that is good.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:28:49 AM by Dionysios »

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 22, 2015, 05:12:53 AM »
If my sources are correct (PizaaPlanet), we are waiting on Daniel to move the forums to a seperate server.

If my suspicions are correct, Daniel is waiting on his handler for the go-ahead.

Rama Set

« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2015, 01:26:12 PM »
Any news on this front?  The other site is badly in need of leadership.  Like real bad.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2015, 02:46:06 PM »
And we are badly in need of new members.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2015, 03:10:03 PM »
Any news on this front?
I wish. We've last heard from Daniel on 26/02/2015 and Wilmore on 05/03/2015. I promise I'll post any updates here should there be anything to update people on, but right now... well, there is nothing.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Rama Set

« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2015, 03:16:23 PM »
Any news on this front?
I wish. We've last heard from Daniel on 26/02/2015 and Wilmore on 05/03/2015. I promise I'll post any updates here should there be anything to update people on, but right now... well, there is nothing.

I figured that was the issue.  Thanks for the update. 

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 08, 2015, 10:56:00 PM »
And yet they made an April Fool's post... What the hell?

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2015, 06:23:10 AM »
Yet more evidence that Daniel is stuck in a black hole and from his point of reference we are all moving at the speed of light.

Rama Set

« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2015, 05:48:46 PM »

Offline mikeman7918

• Round Earther
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 11, 2015, 07:10:27 PM »
I am in favor of this 110%.
If we are having a debate and you resort to using insults and ad hominem fallacies then I will consider that a win.  You have been warned.

Offline magic

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 17, 2015, 02:59:16 AM »
Well, it's looking like a rival flat earth group is forming around Eric Dubay who is decidedly more energetic and definitely critical of Daniel Shenton. I noticed that Dubay has another kind of demon, a different weakness: hard core crude anti-semitism which is unfortunate, but he's obviously a better researcher than Daniel.

Dionysios,
I don't know whether what you assert of Mr. Dubay is true. If you wouldn't mind perhaps supporting this assertion, although it is not related to this topic. I dislike unsupported statements.

I was banned from IFERS for similar asking for support on assertions (on a FE related matter), hardly worthy of banning but I must respect that every house has their rules! I registered there today, and was on for 30 minutes prior to the being struck down by the ban hammer.

What I gained from that experience is that whatever I posted could not be reconciled by a response and I'll leave it at that.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 31, 2015, 06:36:36 PM »
I'm starting to think this might not happen
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 31, 2015, 07:24:54 PM »
I'm starting to think this might not happen
That is indeed a likely possibility. We can't do anything in Daniel's absence, and he doesn't appear to be responding to communication, even from Wilmore.

Obviously, a lot has changed since the first version of the reunification proposal was written. In the hypothetical event of Daniel's return, we would likely not be willing to make as many concessions as in the past.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Thork

« Reply #199 on: December 31, 2015, 07:45:27 PM »
You'd never be able to get anything done that relied on Daniel. You may have to wait literally years as reunification has proven.

I'm not going to harp on about how this was obvious and I said it hundred times. Let's just move on. We have a better set up here anyway and we don't need Daniel. Besides, he'd make us go back to his yucky logo. :P