Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
Hella lit keyboards
« on: October 09, 2021, 02:51:25 AM »
Just got a new keyboard and it's hella lit. It's the Leopold FC750R PD with Cherry MX silent red switches. I went for the old 1980s beige color. What's your favorite keyboard?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: Hella lit keyboards
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 07:19:58 AM »
Is there any chance we can move this out of 'Technology & Information" and into a board called "Anoraks"?

^This? This is the most underwhelming keyboard I have ever seen. Its not even backlit. How are you going to find the prt sc button in the dark? Looks like something Hewlett Packard would have bundled with a 486. I'm guessing it doesn't match your black bezeled monitor, your desk, your mouse or anything else.

How much did you pay for that monstrosity? $200+ ?
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 11:11:01 AM »

I really like the simple design and classic colours.

I'm using a black (aka unlit) Redragon tenkeyless with off-brand mechanical blues. Inexpensive and probably not very good in the grand scheme of things, but it was a huge upgrade from the cheap membrane keyboard I was using previously.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 04:41:31 PM »
I got a Keychron K2 with brown switches. Super nice, does Bluetooth and USB-C and has Mac/PC modes with the appropriate changeable keys should you feel the need.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 07:08:02 PM »
Is there any chance we can move this out of 'Technology & Information" and into a board called "Anoraks"?

^This? This is the most underwhelming keyboard I have ever seen. Its not even backlit. How are you going to find the prt sc button in the dark? Looks like something Hewlett Packard would have bundled with a 486. I'm guessing it doesn't match your black bezeled monitor, your desk, your mouse or anything else.

>he looks at his keyboard when he types

More importantly, it's the best keyboard I've ever used as far as actual typing goes. There are a lot of color options, but I liked this one because it looks like something Hewlett Packard would have bundled with a 486.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 07:10:31 PM by Fortuna »

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 07:09:47 PM »

>he looks at his keyboard when he types
You know I do. I made a thread about it!  >o<
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 07:20:10 PM »
It would be pretty cool to build a faux-retro PC setup, combining the good ol' beige with more modern technology. I might have to consider that the next time I'm changing things up.

I'm using a MOTOSPEED CK104 with off-brand red switches. It's not *great*, but it beats a membrane keyboard. That's the best I can say about it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 07:23:52 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2021, 07:24:36 PM »
that keyboard is 420% certified hella fresh
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 07:37:04 PM »
that keyboard is 420% certified hella fresh

Everyone here should get a Leopold.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 09:17:15 PM »
I've been using the keyboard built into my various ThinkPads for the past 4½ years. Could be better, but for a laptop keyboard it's pretty fantastic.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol