is the universe just cgi by nasa
« on: August 15, 2016, 06:33:08 PM »
okay so what bugs me more about all this flat earth thing is not the shape of the planet,but the flat earth theory says (correct me if im wrong)that there simply is no universe and is all nasa fakes and what is above us is a glass domed ceiling and above that water..so im just wondering do most flat earthers believe that there is no universe.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: is the universe just cgi by nasa
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 03:54:14 AM »
okay so what bugs me more about all this flat earth thing is not the shape of the planet,but the flat earth theory says (correct me if im wrong)that there simply is no universe and is all nasa fakes and what is above us is a glass domed ceiling and above that water..so im just wondering do most flat earthers believe that there is no universe.

I really don't think so. The universe was there and observed millennia before NASA came on the scene.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 02:56:50 PM »
so i take it you dont think the earth is flat..but am i right in that the people who believe earth is flat also believe the universe does not exist..

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 03:58:43 PM »
so i take it you dont think the earth is flat..but am i right in that the people who believe earth is flat also believe the universe does not exist..
No. Where the hell did you get that idea?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 04:09:10 PM »
am i right in that the people who believe earth is flat also believe the universe does not exist..

I would say that "does not exist" is not quite right.  They certainly don't believe the universe has the shape and size that the round earth side believes (nor does the solar system) but after that it gets complicated.  Different flavors of flat earth end up with different views of the cosmos.  The most common belief, it seems to me, is that the observable universe is part of a rotating dome-like feature called the firmament, an unknown distance above the flat earth.  Some think the stars are attached to this dome, others think they are projected onto it.  Sometimes they will offer up a system of gears to explain northern hemisphere stars rotating about the north pole while southern stars rotate about the south pole; still others have a hologram approach.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 05:42:57 PM »
No. Where the hell did you get that idea?
theres tons of videos on youtube suggesting the idea of no universe..so basically the earth is a flat domed world and is the centre of the universe..please can some flat earther just reply and say what there belief on this is..im not a flat earther or ball earther just looking for truth..

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 06:14:49 PM »
I'm a Flat Earther. I can't speak for everyone with any authority, but I'm pretty sure you won't find anyone here who sincerely believes the Universe doesn't exist.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 09:08:45 PM »
I'm a Flat Earther. I can't speak for everyone with any authority, but I'm pretty sure you won't find anyone here who sincerely believes the Universe doesn't exist.

Sure, but your universe seems limited to the earth, sun, moon and a lot of little lights in the sky.

This post is not from this society, so I'd be interested in a comments on it:
There seems to be a lot of topics saying that a flat earth contradicts astronomy, but no one has tried making a working of the stars, or asking how they work.
So instead of saying stars can't work on your model. I want to ask you how do they work on your model. How do they move, do they increase in distance, how near do stars need to be for you to see them. How do you get around the SCP problem.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  I mean after all, they're just lights in the sky.  How much can we expect to ever know about them? 

In any case, you might like Zetetic Astronomy.  Zetetic means "seeker."  As in, seeker of truth. 

http://sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za30.htm
<< My bolding >>

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 06:26:38 AM »
Without knowing anything about the poster it's very possible that I'm off the mark here, but it sounds to me like you're reading it much more literally than intended. To me, it sounds like he's saying that whoever he's responding to is focusing too much on things that don't really affect us.

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 11:20:16 AM »
thanks for your replys sexwarrior.i thought on a site called flat earth society i would get a ton of flat earthers coming forward replying to my original question..i guess its a topic thats in a grey area..the bible says that above the firmament is water and above the water is gods domain.i thought this might be the standard model for flat earthers..

geckothegeek

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 02:44:53 AM »
I would think there would be "a ton" of flat earthers coming forth,  each with their own answers.
I have seen some of them saying there are no planets ; the earth is not a planet ; the dome is made of ice ; the dome is made of metal ; the stars are just specks of light from holes in the dome ; all those pictures you see of the planets, such as Saturn and its rings were just pretty pictures dreamt up and painted by a team of artists at NASA.....et cetera, et cetera, and so forth.

Isn't this website educational !

Offline Bzz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 09:36:14 PM »

I really don't think so. The universe was there and observed millennia before NASA came on the scene.

There is simply no universe as it's been depicted by them. But it exists. That thing you see looking up is called "universe".

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 08:51:58 AM »
I have seen some of them saying there are no planets ; the earth is not a planet ; the dome is made of ice ; the dome is made of metal ; the stars are just specks of light from holes in the dome ; all those pictures you see of the planets, such as Saturn and its rings were just pretty pictures dreamt up and painted by a team of artists at NASA.....et cetera, et cetera, and so forth.
I doubt you've seen most of these things. Your track record of making this sort of stuff up supports that suspicion.

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 12:55:32 PM »
so would i be right in saying that the flat earth theory says theres a universe just not how were told it is..

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 01:45:29 PM »
so would i be right in saying that the flat earth theory says theres a universe just not how were told it is..
That's a bit of an oversimplification, but in essence, yeah.

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 02:23:38 PM »
thank you for your replies sexwarrior..your the only flat earther who has..what is your idea of the universe.that is if you dont mind me asking..