Geocentric is the Wrong Terminology
« on: May 27, 2018, 05:06:46 PM »
I apologize if this is the wrong forum to discuss this but I honestly couldn't figure out which board it belonged with so I chose general.

When the idea of " Flat Earth " is said to those who believe in the Globe, it is usually depicted as a large sun shining over an entire disk shaped object. And I would think it's because it's basing the idea of the Geocentric name which is the incorrect model in the first place. The Earth may be at the center but it's globe terminology with the planets revolving around Earth etc.

Is there another term for what we're trying to visually depict here? It's Zetetic Astronomy, correct?

Why not the Zetetic model? Zeocentric model. Zeocentricim.

It needs its own name to depict the model correctly. With the Earth at the center and everything else above and below us. Not outward- or parallel to us as usually depicted using the Geocentric (and Heliocentric) models.

Thoughts?

Offline edby

• View Profile
Re: Geocentric is the Wrong Terminology
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 05:59:29 PM »
I apologize if this is the wrong forum to discuss this but I honestly couldn't figure out which board it belonged with so I chose general.

When the idea of " Flat Earth " is said to those who believe in the Globe, it is usually depicted as a large sun shining over an entire disk shaped object. And I would think it's because it's basing the idea of the Geocentric name which is the incorrect model in the first place. The Earth may be at the center but it's globe terminology with the planets revolving around Earth etc.

Is there another term for what we're trying to visually depict here? It's Zetetic Astronomy, correct?

See here. “every experiment ever conducted to prove even the simple spin of the earth has failed!”

It needs its own name to depict the model correctly. With the Earth at the center and everything else above and below us. Not outward- or parallel to us as usually depicted using the Geocentric (and Heliocentric) models.

Thoughts?
The fundamental assumption of the Zetetic model is that the earth is flat. Some believe this is consistent with a heliocentric model, others like myself believe this is only consistent with a geocentric system.

See here. “every experiment ever conducted to prove even the simple spin of the earth has failed!”
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 06:05:08 PM by edby »

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: Geocentric is the Wrong Terminology
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 10:46:42 PM »

Thoughts?
What I cannot understand is why the choice always seems to be between the Heliocentric Solar System and a Flat Earth with its close sun, moon, planets and stars.

Here is a relevant post (from the "other society"):
Hi all,

After learning how much we are lied to by the mainstream media regarding different topics, I have lost all trust in our government agencies and the media outlets representing them. This has led me deep down the rabbit hole and have now reached this question: Is the world a heliocentric globe or a geocentric plane.
Yes, why is the choice "a heliocentric globe or a geocentric plane"?

So many seem to assume that before Copernicus the general belief was in a stationary (geostationary if you like) flat earth as in the current flat earth model but this was certainly not true.
There is a lot written on what has been named "The Myth of the Flat Earth", which was that belief in a flat earth was common in the middle ages.
One reference to this is Medieval Science and Philosophy, The Myth of the Flat Earth

From around 300 BC till after Copernicus the general belief was certainly was in a geocentric universe - the Ptolemaic Universe.
A good and fairly readable description of this is in THE SPHERE OF SACROBOSCO, by Iohannes de Sacrobosco. Translated by Lynn Thorndike, 1949.
The problem is that I have found no English translation that includes diagrams. Here is a scan with diagrams, but is in Latin: Sphaera mundi, Author Johannes de Sacrobosco.

Alternatively, you could read up on Tycho Brahe's geocentric solar system that does fit observations quite closely though there are serious objections to it.

As to your question "Why not the Zetetic model? Zeocentric model. Zeocentricim." "Zetetic" simply means "proceeding by inquiry" but the prefix "zeo" means "boil".

As to the flat earth being a "zetetic model", in my opinion the Globe has "proceeded from inquiry" much more than the flat earth has.
The horizon might "look flat".  So flat earthers seem to assume that the whole earth is flat but have to invent untenable explanations for every other observation.