Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
Re: Question about flight times
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2018, 04:44:55 PM »
Navigation happens quite often, and very successfully. There are over 50,000 merchant ships in the world, Plus Many more thousands of private super yachts, and hundreds of thousands of yachts, and likely millions of sailors, and not that many (relatively) go aground or sink, run out of fuel, or get lost due to not knowing where the different continents are, or being surprised by distances from one port to another being different than tabulated and published.

Also planes manage to find their way every day, and that means many millions dont get lost.

I agree that it does appear that we do have some sort of map of the earth or some sort of accurate navigation systems because ships, planes, trains, helicopters, sailboats, cars, etc all have the ability to travel long distances to specific destinations.

I don't take off for France and wind up in Russia.
I don't go on a road trip to Wyoming and wind up in Mexico.

Please come on FEers, you have lost, and making embarrassing fools of yourselves thinking that coincidentally all of the things (plus thousands of others) somehow (although reliant upon a globe) coincidentally work on a flat earth.

This is incorrect! As long as someone can say that evidence that weakens the flat earth theory is fake, inaccurate, or a lie then losing is impossible.

Max_Almond

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2018, 12:39:38 PM »
Magnetic declination would also occur in a Monopole model. Vertical at the North Pole, and horizontal at mid latitudes, and then intersecting the earth again beyond the Ice Wall circumference.

There were some illustrations floating around, and Pete made some in this link, but unfortunately they do not seem to be showing up for me anymore and I failed to create an article for the Wiki.

I think you're confusing magnetic declination with magnetic inclination.

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2018, 04:50:27 PM »

I recall answering your question when you asked it. A mile is 5280 feet on FE and RE.

1. You didn't provide any evidence that a round earth mile and a flat earth mile are the same.
2. that's not what you said here:

A mile is 5280 feet on a Flat Earth. I don't know what it is on a Round Earth since Round Earth lat/lon coordinate system devices appear to be inaccurate.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2018, 05:46:27 PM »

I recall answering your question when you asked it. A mile is 5280 feet on FE and RE.

1. You didn't provide any evidence that a round earth mile and a flat earth mile are the same.
2. that's not what you said here:

A mile is 5280 feet on a Flat Earth. I don't know what it is on a Round Earth since Round Earth lat/lon coordinate system devices appear to be inaccurate.
Longitude is the same.
Latitude ... RE distance * cos(latitude) = FE distance.

Working out anything that isn't due North, South, East, or West is more complicated, but you can google for that yourself.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2018, 05:57:31 PM »
RE distance * cos(latitude) = FE distance.

Working out anything that isn't due North, South, East, or West is more complicated, but you can google for that yourself.

This can't possibly correct because the distance between two points could have two latitudes which your equation does not account for. 

Even if the starting point and the ending point of the distance measured was on the same latitude this equation still does not work:

I can lay a yardstick down on the ground that's 3 feet. The starting location of the yardstick has a latitude of 1.

3 feet * cos(1) = FE distance
3 * .54 = 1.62

3 round earth feet = 1.62 FE feet? nope.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2018, 06:10:45 PM »
1 degrees? You are measuring a patch of snow. It all looks the same. With no distinguishing features, you can't be sure.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2018, 07:12:35 PM »
1 degrees? You are measuring a patch of snow. It all looks the same. With no distinguishing features, you can't be sure.

And the patch of snow measurement, according to your formula, was wildly inaccurate.