Rama Set

Midterms 2022
« on: November 09, 2022, 02:05:35 PM »
It looks like the worst case scenario hasn’t come to pass and the GOP will only take the house and not as strongly as many had predicted. I’m interested to see analysis on this as results get finalized to learn what exactly hampered GOP success. How’s everyone else feeling?

Also, jfc Tennessee:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/slavery-banned-tennessee-constitutional-amendment-inmate-punishment/

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Midterms 2022
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 05:24:57 PM »
It looks like the worst case scenario hasn’t come to pass and the GOP will only take the house and not as strongly as many had predicted. I’m interested to see analysis on this as results get finalized to learn what exactly hampered GOP success. How’s everyone else feeling?

I think we have Roe to thank. That and maybe Oprah.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 05:31:49 PM »
I think we have Roe to thank.
And gen Z showing up.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 05:46:15 PM »
I think we have Roe to thank.
And gen Z showing up.
Yeah, both of those factors seems to have driven a lot of people to go vote in an election they might normally have stayed home for. Strangely, I did see a statistic earlier that white women turned out more strongly for Republican candidates this year than in previous cycles. That is a demographic that I would have thought would move in the Democratic party's direction over the Roe verdict, but they zigged instead of zagging.

Oh actually, here's where I saw it: https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2022/politics/exit-polls-2022-midterm-2018-shift/

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 05:53:16 PM »
All the incels shouting that educated democratic women are ugly are having an affect on them unfortunately. White women are highly susceptible to negging.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 05:55:10 PM by rooster »

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2022, 05:59:39 PM »
I thought it was a stolen election night again? Keep dumping and counting...

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2022, 08:07:42 PM »
Strangely, I did see a statistic earlier that white women turned out more strongly for Republican candidates this year than in previous cycles. That is a demographic that I would have thought would move in the Democratic party's direction

Democrats have the unmarried women demographic locked in.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 08:10:38 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2022, 08:51:31 PM »
Strangely, I did see a statistic earlier that white women turned out more strongly for Republican candidates this year than in previous cycles. That is a demographic that I would have thought would move in the Democratic party's direction

Democrats have the unmarried women demographic locked in.

lol what did I say? DeMoCrAt WoMeN aRe UnDeSiRaBlE

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2022, 09:36:06 PM »
Well... I imagine most 18-25 year old women are unmarried.  And young people to trend towards democratic.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2022, 11:12:56 PM »
lol what did I say? DeMoCrAt WoMeN aRe UnDeSiRaBlE
Which way, Western man?
  • haha blue haired trigger lady xDDDDD
  • wow hot a what baabhabhiat with a big gun
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Rama Set

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2022, 10:57:40 PM »
Biden's Democrats had the best midterm performance since 2002, a year after 9/11 made it unthinkable to disagree with the government.  That's how shit the GOP are; they can't even defeat a mentally declining president with bad approval ratings.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2022, 08:49:37 AM »
Biden's Democrats had the best midterm performance since 2002, a year after 9/11 made it unthinkable to disagree with the government.  That's how shit the GOP are; they can't even defeat a mentally declining president with bad approval ratings.

Nice whining. Your argument is "Well we lost the House, but we don't suck THAT bad! Could have been worse!"

Democrats lost seats because the Democrat president and party are not fairing well in approval ratings. Presidential approval is associated with whether the incumbant president's party gains seats during midterms - https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/statistics/data/seats-congress-gainedlost-the-presidents-party-mid-term-elections

Both Clinton and George W. Bush had high approval ratings when their party gained seats. The incumbant president's party has gained seats in the past. The only appropriate group the Democrats have to point the finger at for losing the House is themselves.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 11:13:26 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2022, 09:58:26 AM »
Pretty embarrassing results for Trump. That red wave was a ripple at best.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63627007

Chuckle. Even some at Fox News are turning away from Trump now. Obviously the real cult members never will. Sad, to quote the "great" man himself.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2022, 11:24:04 AM »
Nice whining. Your argument is "Well we lost the House, but we don't suck THAT bad! Could have been worse!"

Literally the best result any administration has had since 2002. The GOP is terrible, just terrible.

Pretty embarrassing results for Trump. That red wave was a ripple at best.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63627007

Chuckle. Even some at Fox News are turning away from Trump now. Obviously the real cult members never will. Sad, to quote the "great" man himself.

The knives are out for Trump on many right wing media outlets.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2022, 04:17:44 PM »

Literally the best result any administration has had since 2002. The GOP is terrible, just terrible.

Presidents can serve up to 8 years. That is only three presidents back from when an incumbant's party was able to gain seats in a midterm. You are celebrating losing.

Rama Set

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2022, 04:20:34 PM »

Presidents can serve up to 8 years. That is only three presidents back from when an incumbant's party was able to gain seats in a midterm. You are celebrating losing.

I am celebrating the worst performance by the opposition since 2002. You are having a harder time understanding this than the GOP is winning senate races.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2022, 05:57:33 PM »
It will be kinda fun to watch the House GOP, with a slim margin, tear itself to shreds with infighting whilst the Dems pack the courts over in the Senate.

Vacancies in the Federal Judiciary
117th Congress
Last updated on 11/15/2022
Total Vacancies:89
Total Nominees Pending:45

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2022, 05:59:12 PM »
I am celebrating the worst performance by the opposition since 2002. You are having a harder time understanding this than the GOP is winning senate races.

Actually it could just mean that the blue and red areas were generally saturated with their party and there was not much change. The change that did occur lost Democrats the House. They lost power.

Previous administrations have been able to keep control of the House. The Democrats could have done the same, but did not.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2022, 06:07:06 PM »
https://rollcall.com/2022/11/07/scott-sees-52-plus-gop-senate-seats-says-watch-new-hampshire/
“I still believe we’re going to have 52-plus. That’s where I believe,” Scott said Saturday. “I think if you look at the numbers, I think we can do better, way better than 52. But we’ll see. It’s all tied to voter turnout.”

Keep telling yourself it went poorly for the Dems though. We all need a little copium sometimes ;)