Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
It's worth remembering that many of the psycho-right groups are directly funded by the Kremlin. It's really no mystery why they wouldn't be critical of the Kremlin.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
It's worth remembering that many of the psycho-right groups are directly funded by the Kremlin. It's really no mystery why they wouldn't be critical of the Kremlin.

A good example of this is the National Rifle Association. Under Trump, the Russians were actually donating cash to the NRA. It's in Russia's best interest to flood the streets of America with cheap accessible guns and divisive media.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline stack

• View Profile
Seems like it's definitely a MAGA thing...

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
I don't see any evidence that Ukraine isn't still corrupt since 2015. According to Transparency International Ukraine's corruption score is still pretty high:

https://www.worlddata.info/europe/ukraine/corruption.php

"The data is determined annually by Transparency International. In 2021, the index was calculated for 179 countries from all continents. The original index shows the figures exactly the other way round and assigns higher values for lower corruption. So the official score for Ukraine is 32 points in 2021, which would actually make it an anti-corruption index because as the score increases, corruption decreases. These numbers have been inverted here for better comprehensibility and easier visual acquisition of the graphs."

Compare to Germany:

https://www.worlddata.info/europe/germany/corruption.php

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Here is a quote from Zelensky from this year:

Here is a definition:

« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 05:10:44 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

You’ve already admitted this is a proxy war. Why would the USA care about what the proxy thinks? It’s about fighting Russia, not liberating Ukraine.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
Tom is in favor of a much less corrupt country like Russia taking over all of Europe.

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
I don't see any evidence that Ukraine isn't still corrupt since 2015.
And yet, even with your standard of evidence (see below), you were only able to back up the fact that the situation was improving. Curious.

Here is a quote from Zelensky from this year
Just a quick source check for you on that one - the "quote" comes from a personal blog of Iain Muir, proud holder of the title of "some guy on the Internet" and a $5/mo. domain. Some quick research suggests that his greatest achievement in life was an assault conviction, which he appealed in 1999 and failed.

In short, I question this man's blog as a reputable source of Zelensky quotes.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 05:23:19 PM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Here is a quote from Zelensky from this year
Just a quick source check for you on that one - the "quote" comes from a personal blog of Iain Muir, proud holder of the title of "some guy on the Internet" and a $5/mo. domain. Some quick research suggests that his greatest achievement in life was an assault conviction, which he appealed in 1999 and failed.

In short, I question this man's blog as a reputable source of Zelensky quotes.

I went to the blog. They directly linked and embedded their source:

"Source: Fox News (Adapted)"

« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 05:26:01 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline stack

• View Profile
I don't see any evidence that Ukraine isn't still corrupt since 2015. According to Transparency International Ukraine's corruption score is still pretty high:

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
I went to the blog. They directly linked and embedded their source
Did you listen to Tucker there? That's not a Zelensky quote, not does he claim it to be one.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Did you listen to Tucker there? That's not a Zelensky quote, not does he claim it to be one.

I did watch the video. It is less than one minute long. I watched and listened to the whole thing. It is asserted to be a Zelensky quote. See the six second mark. From the YouTube Transcript:

0:06
just the other
day the president of ukraine zelinski
the man they're telling us is the new
george washington decide you know what i
don't have to pretend to care about the
united states anymore i think americans
are ridiculous decadent overfed and i
have contempt for them

So you concede that Ukraine is actually a corrupt nation. Nice argument.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 05:35:00 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
It is asserted to be a Zelensky quote.
No, it's not. In fact, you can compare it to how that show presents quotes, because the video includes one.

You fell for a fake "news" blog, Tom. It's sad.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
The quote certainly does not come from the blog or a blog author. It comes from Carlson. Carlson is is speaking as Zelensy: "I think americans are ridiculous decadent overfed and I have contempt for them"

It is possible that Zelensky did not really say this and that this is Carlson rephrasing another quote or action as something Zelensy said, in the way someone might rephrase a quote or action from someone else. Based on the other quote given in that segment, Carlson may have been referring to Zelensy's inflation quotes:

https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-zelensky-biden-americans-spending-inflation-1728278

Zelensky Responds to Americans Unhappy With Spending to Support Ukraine

Ukraine's President Volodymr Zelensky said that Americans balking at the cost of U.S. support for Kyiv's fight against Russian aggression should keep in mind "we are fighting for absolutely communal values."

~

"Inflation is nothing, COVID is nothing," he said, "ask those people who lost their children, their peace, their property at the beginning of the full-scale Russian invasion. Who is thinking about masks and COVID? Who is thinking about inflation?"

Zelensky thinks that the US should put Ukraine above its own problems and does not care that the US has other issues to deal with.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 07:58:34 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile

I did watch the video. It is less than one minute long. I watched and listened to the whole thing. It is asserted to be a Zelensky quote. See the six second mark. From the YouTube Transcript:

0:06
just the other
day the president of ukraine zelinski
the man they're telling us is the new
george washington decide you know what i
don't have to pretend to care about the
united states anymore i think americans
are ridiculous decadent overfed and i
have contempt for them

He was not speaking a direct quote.
And I can't seem to find anything of substance on it.
Or much info.

The best I found is https://diannemarshallreport.com/president-trump-wisconsin-rally-hungary-prime-minister-orban-at-cpac/
where its claimed he said this to Chinese president Xi.

But it seems to have its origin from Tucker Carlson.  I can't seem to find any source before his.

So... he made up a quote, it seems.  Or at least paraphrased something without sourcing it.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline stack

• View Profile

No, if the argument is that Russia invaded Ukraine to quell Ukranian corruption, that's some serious backward logic considering that Russia is more corrupt than Ukraine.

I'm suggesting that Ukraine should have invaded Russia instead if that's the argument. Russia is more corrupt than Ukraine. Just like the US is more corrupt than Germany (33 v 20) and so on.

In other words, regarding:

Am I supposed to be sad that Russia invaded a country which The Guardian designated in 2015 as the most corrupt nation in Europe?

Your stance and logic is garbage.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
I hung a 1897 Mosin Nagant on my wall today.  What a weapon the Russians make, lasts centuries. I have a 1936 that shoots 1 moa.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
The leader of Ukraine has signed a decree ruling out peace negotiations with Putin:

https://news.antiwar.com/2022/10/04/zelensky-signs-decree-ruling-out-peace-talks-with-putin-as-impossible/

Quote from: stack
No, if the argument is that Russia invaded Ukraine to quell Ukranian corruption, that's some serious backward logic considering that Russia is more corrupt than Ukraine.

I asked why I should be sad about the corrupt nation of Ukraine being invaded. Russia being corrupt as well would be irrelevant to that statement.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 08:37:24 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline stack

• View Profile
Too bad their tanks suck...

Russia’s tanks in Ukraine have a ‘jack-in-the-box’ design flaw.

Offline Алёна

• I am Car!
    • View Profile
There's a vid on Youtube that explains why the tanks explode but I didn't watch it cause I didn't give a fuck.
Professional procrastinator.