Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #1000 on: May 29, 2022, 01:44:55 AM »
In the Rushy Regime, you're not allowed to get/be married if you don't procreate? How long does a newly married couple get to pop out a kid before their marriage is nullified? I think you said "a few years", so 3? You may have answered this, but what if I find out I can't procreate after I get married, do I have to adopt a kid in order to stay married?

I don't seem to get any governmental benefits from being married. I think there might be an estate tax bene, but that's really about it that I can think of. If there were no government benefits to being married, whatever they may be, would you still allow marriage if non-procreation occurs within 3 years?

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 29, 2022, 03:48:02 AM »
In the Rushy Regime, you're not allowed to get/be married if you don't procreate?
What about those who procreate without getting married?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 29, 2022, 06:31:06 AM »
In the Rushy Regime, I think they would be awarded a marriage license whether they want one or not.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 29, 2022, 04:46:13 PM »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 31, 2022, 03:51:44 AM »
Changing the subject back to actual news about Biden:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/30/biden-guns-congress-00035882

No, Joe. This is bad and you should know better.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 31, 2022, 04:26:05 AM »
It's actually kind of a funny jab.

“I don’t know, but I think there’s a realization on the part of rational Republicans — and I consider Sen. McConnell a rational Republican, and Cornyn is as well,” Biden said. “I think there’s a recognition on their part … that we can’t continue like this. We can’t do this.”

The realization of "rational Republicans" - Like there are only perhaps 2. The rest are batshit crazy, the irrational ones...

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 31, 2022, 05:18:56 AM »
They're rational, but they're cynical to the core and have long since abandoned their principles in favor of grasping at power wherever they can at the expense of our democracy. They can't be trusted, and making any sort of plan that relies on their help or cooperation is guaranteed to backfire.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 31, 2022, 06:38:43 AM »
No truer words spoken.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 31, 2022, 07:29:30 AM »
They're rational, but they're cynical to the core and have long since abandoned their principles in favor of grasping at power wherever they can at the expense of our democracy. They can't be trusted, and making any sort of plan that relies on their help or cooperation is guaranteed to backfire.

And they say the same about Democrats.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 31, 2022, 08:19:40 PM »

Remember when Democrats negotiated on Obamacare in good faith, caving to Republican demands even though they had the votes to put through something truly differentiating like Universal Health Care if they wanted to, only to find that not a single Republican voted in favor of it despite the fact that it was a near-replication of Romneycare? So they can say what you are saying they will say, but they would be wrong. Democrats have been much better about negotiating in good faith than Republicans for most of my adult life. They are just shit at actually enacting anything of substance, usually because they campaign on the lofty goals, then whittle away at those to appease Republican legislators when courting votes, then don't get a single Republican to actually side with them (or sometimes, a single-digit number of Republicans might side with them), then lose power because they didn't accomplish what they set out to do.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 31, 2022, 08:51:29 PM »

Remember when Democrats negotiated on Obamacare in good faith, caving to Republican demands even though they had the votes to put through something truly differentiating like Universal Health Care if they wanted to, only to find that not a single Republican voted in favor of it despite the fact that it was a near-replication of Romneycare? So they can say what you are saying they will say, but they would be wrong. Democrats have been much better about negotiating in good faith than Republicans for most of my adult life. They are just shit at actually enacting anything of substance, usually because they campaign on the lofty goals, then whittle away at those to appease Republican legislators when courting votes, then don't get a single Republican to actually side with them (or sometimes, a single-digit number of Republicans might side with them), then lose power because they didn't accomplish what they set out to do.
I never said they were right.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 21, 2022, 09:08:59 PM »
It sounds like Joe Biden is doing a poor job.

Rama Set

« Reply #1012 on: June 21, 2022, 09:11:31 PM »

It sounds like he is unpopular, you mean, obviously.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 21, 2022, 11:18:35 PM »

I don't quite understand the point of this post.

Biden:
54.6% Disapprove
39.5% Approve

The twitter thing cites Gallop. Gallop has Trump's lowest approval rating at 34% in Jan of 2021. Also has Truman at 22% Feb, 1952. (Ouch!)

So I'm not sure where this 'lowest ever' thing comes from, maybe on exactly the 571 day mark? But there have been Presidents with far lower approval ratings. In other words, the twitter thing makes no logical sense.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/116677/presidential-approval-ratings-gallup-historical-statistics-trends.aspx

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 21, 2022, 11:21:11 PM »
Yes, the tweet clearly states that it is at the 571 mark. The graph shows that his popularity has been dropping to the point that he is now the most unpopular president at this point in his presidency in recorded US History.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 21, 2022, 11:44:55 PM »
Yes, the tweet clearly states that it is at the 571 mark. The graph shows that his popularity has been dropping to the point that he is now the most unpopular president at this point in his presidency in recorded US History.

Cool. And Trump was the most unpopular president in history at the 1462 day mark.

And yeah, DJT was pretty much flatlined throughout his tenure:

W pretty much cratered:

Obama faired pretty well:

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 26, 2022, 02:27:22 PM »
Speaking of oil...

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/26/1107265390/refinery-shortage-high-gas-prices-russia

Summary:
Shit sucks.  Russia's invasion, a hurricane, Covid, Biden's transition... all of it is basically helping to hurt oil and gasoline production, which is causing a massive increase.  We've got several refineries that have been damaged or shut down during or prior to Covid.  Which didn't help and with Russia's invasion and the subsequent oil embargo, supply is low for both oil and gasoline.  Demand is high. 

Biden is trying to get oil companies to do more, drill more but, well... this isn't a communist country.  Only so much Biden can do.  And since the energy transition is being worked on, there isn't alot of interest to build new refineries.  (last one was built in the 70s fyi)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 06, 2022, 04:03:39 AM »
The despicable Biden Administration doesn't want states to require proof of citizenship to vote.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-administration-sues-arizona-over-proof-of-citizenship-requirement-for-federal-elections

« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 04:08:12 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 06, 2022, 04:33:00 AM »
The 2020 election is probably the most heavily scrutinized election in history, Arizona especially.  Cyber Ninjas made a business out of taking gullible Trump supporter's money to something, anything.  They found exactly nothing.

This new law from Arizona isn't intended to address any fraud because no such fraud exists.  it's just there to suppress votes.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 06, 2022, 06:39:39 AM »
The despicable Biden Administration doesn't want states to require proof of citizenship to vote.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-administration-sues-arizona-over-proof-of-citizenship-requirement-for-federal-elections

Why would someone be a registered voter if they aren't a citizen?
Why isn't the government keeping a record of all citizens and sharing it with all states so they don't need proof from people, just an ID with a birth date and social security number?  Sounds easy enough.  You could have automatic voter rolls based on federal data.  Someone moves states?  Deleted automatically from the old state to the new.

Also, I thought the voter fraud in 2020 was from extra, fake ballots, not illegal aliens voting.