Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #360 on: January 25, 2017, 05:24:34 PM »
Welp, looks like Trump STILL thinks the election was rigged.

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/24/511420960/trump-still-insists-millions-voted-illegally-theres-no-evidence-of-that

And is bitching about it.

Ok, so maybe it was?  I mean, this could be a subconscious "Hey guys, I cheated!  Someone stop me before it's too late" cry for help.

Because the press keeps hounding them to back up Trump's claim that there were millions of illegal voters. Yet another thing that will blow up in their faces, when we find out, yes, in fact many illegal immigrants voted, and yes there was massive fraud committed. Perhaps  a good place to start any investigation would be the already documented FEC violations the DNC just committed in their primary.
So let me make sure I understand you....

Trump makes a claim that he has no proof of.
Press wants proof.
Trump is JUSTIFIED in complaining that the press are hounding him on a rigged election THAT HE WON?

Do you understand how this looks?  It doesn't look like there's fraud against Trump yet he's constantly saying the election was rigged.  But why?  Why does he think that?  He hasn't shown any evidence.  What, exactly, makes him think there was any fraud?

There are only two possibilities.
1) He can't accept losing the popular vote but winning the election.  He needs both.
2) The election WAS rigged to get Trump elected and Trump is trying to get people to discover that so he can not be president.

He hasn't accepted the results of the election even though he won.  He said he would if he won.
Yet another promise broken.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 05:27:36 PM by Lord Dave »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 25, 2017, 05:28:45 PM »
Because the press keeps hounding them to back up Trump's claim that there were millions of illegal voters. Yet another thing that will blow up in their faces, when we find out, yes, in fact many illegal immigrants voted, and yes there was massive fraud committed. Perhaps a good place to start any investigation would be the already documented FEC violations the DNC just committed in their primary.

What does the DNC's alleged FEC violations (the only source on this seems to be notorious liar James O'Keefe, so I'm skeptical) have to do with illegal immigrants voting?
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

« Reply #362 on: January 25, 2017, 06:14:12 PM »
Because the press keeps hounding them to back up Trump's claim that there were millions of illegal voters. Yet another thing that will blow up in their faces, when we find out, yes, in fact many illegal immigrants voted, and yes there was massive fraud committed. Perhaps a good place to start any investigation would be the already documented FEC violations the DNC just committed in their primary.

What does the DNC's alleged FEC violations (the only source on this seems to be notorious liar James O'Keefe, so I'm skeptical) have to do with illegal immigrants voting?

I'm not interested in partisan witch hunt of election fraud. I'm interested in seeing an investigation based on already established, solid leads.

« Reply #363 on: January 25, 2017, 06:32:13 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2017/01/24/the-true-correct-story-of-what-happened-at-donald-trumps-inauguration/

Looks like WaPo are trying really hard to cement their place on the "news organisations not to be taken seriously" list.

This article is not only in the Opinions section, it's in a subsection of the Opinions section called "ComPost," which is given the description "a mix of opinion and humor from Alexandra Petri." This is speculation, but "ComPost" appears to be a play-on-words that likens the articles to compost, the organic garbage/fertilizer.

So I'd say that you're right in that the author of these articles probably isn't trying too hard to be taken seriously, but I don't believe that that's synonymous with WaPo not wanting to be taken seriously in this case.

« Reply #364 on: January 25, 2017, 07:04:40 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2017/01/24/the-true-correct-story-of-what-happened-at-donald-trumps-inauguration/

Looks like WaPo are trying really hard to cement their place on the "news organisations not to be taken seriously" list.

This article is not only in the Opinions section, it's in a subsection of the Opinions section called "ComPost," which is given the description "a mix of opinion and humor from Alexandra Petri." This is speculation, but "ComPost" appears to be a play-on-words that likens the articles to compost, the organic garbage/fertilizer.

So I'd say that you're right in that the author of these articles probably isn't trying too hard to be taken seriously, but I don't believe that that's synonymous with WaPo not wanting to be taken seriously in this case.

These news agencies even having "blog" platforms is just another way for them to intentionally mislead people without any repercussion. They know damn well a lot of people just share and form their opinions of articles based on "who" published it and the headline.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 25, 2017, 07:20:11 PM »

Cue the snarky, condescending reply about how you're a disingenuous liar who's deliberately twisting his point while making no attempt at clarifying said point, spread out over several posts. And then he'll blame you for derailing the thread.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 25, 2017, 07:24:20 PM »

These news agencies even having "blog" platforms is just another way for them to intentionally mislead people without any repercussion. They know damn well a lot of people just share and form their opinions of articles based on "who" published it and the headline.
Well, I blame the reader myself.
NPR did an april fools joke just to see who read the headlines and not the article.

The amount of people who didn't read the article was staggering.  So it doesn't matter if it's a blog section or has an 80pt font disclaimer about how this is an opinion and not real news.  You'll still get morons who don't read it and take the headline as all the information they need to know.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #367 on: January 25, 2017, 07:29:12 PM »
I mean, TTioH could have a bit of a point in that it may be irresponsible for news organizations to have opinion/blog sections on their websites and not have them be more immediately recognizable as distinct from their actual news (especially when, as Lord Dave pointed out, readers are lazy morons), but claiming that they're not distinct at all isn't correct.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 07:37:52 PM by mollete »

Rama Set

« Reply #368 on: January 25, 2017, 07:31:23 PM »
I'm not interested in partisan witch hunt of election fraud. I'm interested in seeing an investigation based on already established, solid leads.

Then why is it a problem for the press to call Trump out on his unsubstantiated claims?

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 25, 2017, 08:12:31 PM »
So the whitehouse.gov pages for civil rights, lgbt rights, climate change, and immigration have all disappeared???
To be expected. Have you tried looking at the content of these pages? Why would a website that's no longer about Obama advertise what President Obama wants and doesn't want to do?

You can view whitehouse.gov as it appeared in 2007. You will notice that many pages disappeared in 2008 - e.g. National Security, Iraq, Patriot act. Gadzooks, why could this be? Did Obama not want his nation to be secure?

I guess the disappearance of the lgbt rights page disproves the claim that "Trump will be the most LGBT-friendly President this country has ever seen" that I saw on r/The_Donald this morning :^)

Also,

Grabbing someone by the pussy without consent is not "politically incorrect", it is sexual assault. To use political correctness to justify your criminal behavior is pathetic.

He said "when you're a star they LET you do it." BTW happy President Trump day.

We aren't talking about Trump. Please read the previous posts including the OP.

To save you from all the scrolling, Luke, here's the article that was being discussed.

My bad then.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 25, 2017, 08:18:54 PM »

Cue the snarky, condescending reply about how you're a disingenuous liar who's deliberately twisting his point while making no attempt at clarifying said point, spread out over several posts. And then he'll blame you for derailing the thread.

Since that hasn't happened as a reply to the previous comment and we have finally started to get the discussion back on track, could you refrain from trying to incite off-topic arguments?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 25, 2017, 08:29:10 PM »
Oh snap. Trump signed an executive order to build the wall.

Busy first week...

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 25, 2017, 08:45:13 PM »

Since that hasn't happened as a reply to the previous comment and we have finally started to get the discussion back on track, could you refrain from trying to incite off-topic arguments?

Don't tell me what to do!

Also, Twitter rebellion?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/politics/donald-trump-administration.html

« Reply #373 on: January 25, 2017, 08:46:32 PM »
In an interview with ABC News on Wednesday, Trump said [...] that Mexico would pay back to the United States "100 percent" of the costs.

lol k

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 25, 2017, 09:04:40 PM »
Oh snap. Trump signed an executive order to build the wall.

Busy first week...
Yeah but it can't be done without congressional approval. 

So if Trump thinks that'll be done by a stroke of the pen, then he's basically the evil dictator Obama, just white and richer.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: January 25, 2017, 10:13:02 PM »

It's a part of a long-lasting trend. I haven't been following WaPo as closely as I should, but the Guardian's "Comment is Free" section (an opinion section known for its particularly earnest SJW viewpoints) has demonstrably deteriorated people's trust in the medium over time (this Twitter account explains why, though obviously they're cherry-picking for comedic effect). While I don't disagree with your point of view, it's a simple matter of fact that if you slap your logo on something, many will directly associate you with it. And, as you've experienced first hand, no amount of clarification is good enough once someone has made up their mind ;)

So if Trump thinks that'll be done by a stroke of the pen, then he's basically the evil dictator Obama, just white and richer.
That, to me, is the most concerning part of Trump's presidency so far. I strongly disliked Obama's excessive use of executive orders, and so far Trump's been even worse.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:18:38 PM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 26, 2017, 02:21:11 AM »

« Reply #377 on: January 26, 2017, 06:14:49 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/jan/25/netherlands-trump-gag-rule-international-safe-abortion-fund

This isn't a trumpy thing, but I still think it belongs here since it's another country's response to one of his actions.

« Reply #378 on: January 26, 2017, 08:28:55 PM »
You'll notice that the text of Trump's executive order signed Tuesday calls for the Department of Homeland Security to "on a weekly basis, make public a comprehensive list of criminal actions committed by aliens". So "aliens". Not "illegal aliens". I'm sure this list will in no way give the public an outlet for their anger or put immigrants in harm's way.

Next, we'll release a list of crimes committed by people named Tim.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 26, 2017, 08:39:14 PM »
You'll notice that the text of Trump's executive order signed Tuesday calls for the Department of Homeland Security to "on a weekly basis, make public a comprehensive list of criminal actions committed by aliens". So "aliens". Not "illegal aliens". I'm sure this list will in no way give the public an outlet for their anger or put immigrants in harm's way.

Next, we'll release a list of crimes committed by people named Tim.
Clearly he meant Extra-Terrestrials.

Those damn aliens always causing problems.  Send'em back to Mars!