Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #10020 on: November 10, 2022, 06:10:22 PM »
Trumpty Dumpty is getting trashed.  Not sure how he's going to play it as a win but he'll try to spin something.  He will lose to DeSantis in the primary.
He's blaming his wife.

Always the class act.
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10021 on: November 10, 2022, 07:55:08 PM »
Trumpty Dumpty is getting trashed.  Not sure how he's going to play it as a win but he'll try to spin something.  He will lose to DeSantis in the primary.

How is 219 wins and 16 losses "getting trashed," exactly?

Rama Set

« Reply #10022 on: November 10, 2022, 08:17:10 PM »

I suppose it could depend on who won and who lost; the endorsements in swing districts are the more important ones.  Overall, Trump's endorsement in a general election probably has a smaller effect than anyone admits.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10023 on: November 10, 2022, 09:31:41 PM »

Ask Dr. Oz.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #10024 on: November 10, 2022, 11:20:16 PM »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10025 on: November 10, 2022, 11:41:14 PM »
Incorrect. Trump has endorsed more than 13 people.

https://www.13newsnow.com/article/news/politics/trump-endorses-sandy-smith-north-carolina-1st-district-house-race/291-2d10a07a-cb42-4c70-a722-29b8945b1ab0

"NPR reports he has endorsed over 200 Republicans running for the U.S. Senate, U.S. House and top state offices across the country in the 2022 elections."

Rama Set

« Reply #10026 on: November 11, 2022, 01:49:58 AM »

https://www.13newsnow.com/article/news/politics/trump-endorses-sandy-smith-north-carolina-1st-district-house-race/291-2d10a07a-cb42-4c70-a722-29b8945b1ab0

"NPR reports he has endorsed over 200 Republicans running for the U.S. Senate, U.S. House and top state offices across the country in the 2022 elections."

Did he endorse you, Tom?

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #10027 on: November 11, 2022, 03:35:15 AM »

How many did he actively campaign for?

BTW, Trump endorsed Sandy Smith lost her bid for Congress.
https://abc11.com/don-davis-first-district-sandy-smith-democrat/12433766/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 03:38:26 AM by markjo »

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10028 on: November 11, 2022, 08:20:58 AM »
Tom is adding "people I endorsed who wouldn't lose anyway" as tho that matters.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10029 on: November 11, 2022, 10:08:07 AM »
Tom is adding "people I endorsed who wouldn't lose anyway" as tho that matters.
Well, Trump is adding those people and Tom is eating it up. Because that's how the cult of Trump works.
He is the one who tells them the truth, if it's not from him or endorsed by him then it isn't true.
It's a bit embarrassing that people still fall for it.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #10030 on: November 11, 2022, 02:39:13 PM »

You mean Trump, or Tom? Both are equally valid.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10031 on: November 11, 2022, 05:27:14 PM »

You mean Trump, or Tom? Both are equally valid.
I mean Tom. I don't think Trump knows what the truth is, he just says whatever pops into his head which he thinks sounds good.
But what he has done with depressing success is convince his followers - I'd go so far to say disciples, such is their fanaticism - that what he says is true.
He's convinced them that he is their source of truth. So any news source which exposes his lies - they're the "fake news".
They believe the election was rigged not because there's good evidence, but because Trump said it and he is their source of truth.
The media outlets which go along with his bullshit, they're the real news sources. The outlets which expose his lies are the "fake news media".
It's a mess of confirmation bias.
From afar it's all quite troubling and it's doing a lot of damage to your democracy.
We have a similar thing over here with Johnson although it's a bit different. I think with Johnson it's more a cult of personality. His more ardent followers do know he's a liar, as does he. They just don't care. It's just as depressing, but in a different way.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10032 on: November 16, 2022, 05:11:05 AM »
And Trump announces his 2024 bid.
I didn't expect that after the election results but there you go.

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/15/1044234232/trump-announces-run-president-2024
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #10033 on: November 16, 2022, 05:48:18 AM »

Oh, come on, this was an easy thing to predict. If the midterms went well, Trump would take credit for it and announce his candidacy as a victory lap. If they went poorly, he'd fall into his familiar role as underdog and insist that only he could save the nation from its impending doom. There's no scenario where he would have humbly backed down or allowed someone else to take the limelight he sees as rightfully his.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10034 on: November 16, 2022, 08:21:41 AM »
And Trump announces his 2024 bid.

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/15/1044234232/trump-announces-run-president-2024
Did Tom just have a Tomgasm?
I don’t think he will win…but I thought that last time!

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10035 on: November 16, 2022, 10:33:06 AM »

Oh, come on, this was an easy thing to predict. If the midterms went well, Trump would take credit for it and announce his candidacy as a victory lap. If they went poorly, he'd fall into his familiar role as underdog and insist that only he could save the nation from its impending doom. There's no scenario where he would have humbly backed down or allowed someone else to take the limelight he sees as rightfully his.

I thought the bad indicators that he might lose (again) would make him shy away with "Until the current administration and congress is wiped away, I can't win.  They won't let me.  They'll cheat and get away with it.  Or try to put me in jail." His typical whining about the unfairness to hide his fear of losing twice.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: November 16, 2022, 11:57:53 AM »
Given his age it is kinda now or never though.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: November 16, 2022, 01:50:04 PM »

I thought the bad indicators that he might lose (again) would make him shy away with "Until the current administration and congress is wiped away, I can't win.  They won't let me.  They'll cheat and get away with it.  Or try to put me in jail." His typical whining about the unfairness to hide his fear of losing twice.

His whining about cheating is all bluster though. He doesn't really believe it's happening, it's just an excuse he uses to energize his fans. You really don't understand Trump if you thought there was any chance he wasn't running again.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: November 16, 2022, 09:40:27 PM »
Of course all of the MAGAs will have to buy new merch with the new slogan.
“The hats’ll have to say MAGAGA — make America great and glorious again. If it makes you gag, get used to it,” cracked Harvard constitutional law professor Laurence Tribe.

Rama Set

« Reply #10039 on: November 17, 2022, 12:01:19 AM »

In an interview he claimed, and I paraphrase,“If the midterms go well, it’s because of me, if they go poorly it’s the Republican party’s fault, either way, they’ll claim the opposite.”