Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #5840 on: June 29, 2020, 06:04:30 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/media/rep-biggs-2020-biden-trump

Um, Rep Biggs, you do know it's Joe Biden Trump's running against, not Bernie Sanders?

They're so desperate they're really trying to paint Biden as some kind of evil commie. It's hard to imagine anyone but the usual base of morons actually falling for it. This man was in the public eye for years, amazing that he's suppressed these tendencies for so long!

And authoritarian? Has he listened to any of Trump's rhetoric lately?

So transparent. So desperate.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 06:06:31 AM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: June 29, 2020, 07:44:01 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/media/rep-biggs-2020-biden-trump

Um, Rep Biggs, you do know it's Joe Biden Trump's running against, not Bernie Sanders?

They're so desperate they're really trying to paint Biden as some kind of evil commie. It's hard to imagine anyone but the usual base of morons actually falling for it. This man was in the public eye for years, amazing that he's suppressed these tendencies for so long!

And authoritarian? Has he listened to any of Trump's rhetoric lately?

So transparent. So desperate.

Of course.  They need to make Trump look like the lesser of two evils and its really hard right now.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: June 29, 2020, 11:28:24 PM »
Iran has issued a warrant for Trump's arrest:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/iran-issues-arrest-warrant-trump-asks-interpol-200629104710662.html

Trump better hope he gets reelected so he can still use the American military as body guards.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 11:30:16 PM by timterroo »
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Rama Set

« Reply #5843 on: June 30, 2020, 12:26:24 AM »
Presidents get a secret service detail for life.

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: June 30, 2020, 01:56:36 AM »

What if they get charged for felony crimes? I know the president can avoid a lot in a court just by virtue of being president, but does that still apply after presidency, and if he is charged for felonies after presidency, does that affect his eligibility for having a lifetime personal body guard?
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: June 30, 2020, 04:02:36 AM »

What if they get charged for felony crimes? I know the president can avoid a lot in a court just by virtue of being president, but does that still apply after presidency, and if he is charged for felonies after presidency, does that affect his eligibility for having a lifetime personal body guard?

I suspect his immunity ends when his presidency does.  And if he's in jail, he's got protection.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: July 01, 2020, 10:54:51 AM »
This business of P45 not reading/ignoring/forgetting the content of his daily briefing, in which the payment, or offer of payment, of a bounty on the heads of American servicemen and women was written (confirmed by multiple sources), I predict will be Trump's undoing.

The veterans' association(s) are turning against him, the rank and file servicemen and women are also their disapproval on the social medias ...
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: July 01, 2020, 03:05:27 PM »
This business of P45 not reading/ignoring/forgetting the content of his daily briefing, in which the payment, or offer of payment, of a bounty on the heads of American servicemen and women was written (confirmed by multiple sources), I predict will be Trump's undoing.

The veterans' association(s) are turning against him, the rank and file servicemen and women are also their disapproval on the social medias ...

I never understood how anyone with respect for the military could continue to support this man after he insulted a POW for being a POW (it's one of those truly baffling paradoxes about his base). I guess looking the other way at our servicemen having bounties put on their heads is the breaking point for some of them.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: July 01, 2020, 03:39:10 PM »

I never understood how anyone with respect for the military could continue to support this man after he insulted a POW for being a POW (it's one of those truly baffling paradoxes about his base). I guess looking the other way at our servicemen having bounties put on their heads is the breaking point for some of them.

Assuming its even true that people are turning against him.

And yeah, his base is a paradox but its essentially the "I would vote for Satan than a Democrat" group so... Yeah.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: July 01, 2020, 05:57:37 PM »

Assuming its even true that people are turning against him.

And yeah, his base is a paradox but its essentially the "I would vote for Satan than a Democrat" group so... Yeah.

The rank-and-file service were turning in late 2019...

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2019/12/17/half-of-active-duty-service-members-are-unhappy-with-trump-new-military-times-poll-shows/
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5850 on: July 02, 2020, 10:14:21 AM »

Yeah... Someone on Trump's team is a Nazi.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: July 02, 2020, 01:41:49 PM »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: July 02, 2020, 07:26:37 PM »
Incorrect. The US has always had an eagle for its logo.

The US Marine Logo:

The Nazi eagle has airplane wings:

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 07:30:31 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: July 02, 2020, 07:41:29 PM »
Incorrect. The US has always had an eagle for its logo.

The US Marine Logo:

The Nazi eagle has airplane wings:

Fair.  But ya gotta admit, Eagle, sitting on top of a cirlcle with your national symbol on it.  Kiiiinnnddaaa makes ya wonder.
At least the US Marines logo has the earth and an anchor.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: July 03, 2020, 05:23:00 PM »
Hey, remember when Trump and Barr tried to replace the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York with a crony? First of all, it's important to note that they failed. They did manage to force Geoffrey Berman out, but he ended up being replaced by his own deputy, not the crony Trump and Barr had in mind. That court is the same one that handled the Epstein case, and is now in charge of prosecuting the recently arrested Ghislaine Maxwell. Again, it needs to be stressed that this happened despite Trump and Barr's interference, not because of it. They had wanted to put a crony in charge, not Berman's deputy. Of course, there's no proof that the impending case against Maxwell is why they suddenly wanted to force Berman out, nor that the crony they had in mind would have done everything he could to stop the case once he was in charge. But I think any reasonable person can put the dots together.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: July 03, 2020, 06:44:37 PM »
Hey, remember when Trump and Barr tried to replace the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York with a crony? First of all, it's important to note that they failed. They did manage to force Geoffrey Berman out, but he ended up being replaced by his own deputy, not the crony Trump and Barr had in mind. That court is the same one that handled the Epstein case, and is now in charge of prosecuting the recently arrested Ghislaine Maxwell. Again, it needs to be stressed that this happened despite Trump and Barr's interference, not because of it. They had wanted to put a crony in charge, not Berman's deputy. Of course, there's no proof that the impending case against Maxwell is why they suddenly wanted to force Berman out, nor that the crony they had in mind would have done everything he could to stop the case once he was in charge. But I think any reasonable person can put the dots together.

Nah.  He was investigating a few things, like Trump's Charity and a few friends of Trump.  This was for current cases the public knew about, not future ones.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: July 03, 2020, 07:02:53 PM »
Barr was Berman's boss, not a member of the public. Why would he be limited to taking action on cases that the public knew about? If anything, quashing future cases would be a smarter strategy than quashing current cases, as the public can't get mad about scandals they don't know about. Not that Trump and Barr have ever let public knowledge deter them from interfering in cases before.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: July 03, 2020, 07:19:17 PM »
Barr was Berman's boss, not a member of the public. Why would he be limited to taking action on cases that the public knew about? If anything, quashing future cases would be a smarter strategy than quashing current cases, as the public can't get mad about scandals they don't know about. Not that Trump and Barr have ever let public knowledge deter them from interfering in cases before.

Because Trump's line of view is super narrow.  He doesn't care until it affects his poll numbers or gives him bad press.  He's not smart enough to fix shit before it becomes and issue and the people who used to do that for him got fired.

Rama Set

« Reply #5858 on: July 03, 2020, 08:43:43 PM »
It's a giant stretch to assert that Trump wanted a crony in place because of the Epstein case.  Maybe it's true, but on it's face there are any number of plausible explanations for the move.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: July 03, 2020, 11:59:39 PM »