Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #5740 on: June 18, 2020, 03:50:45 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/TheYoungTurks/videos/557520205128900/?sfnsn=mo

How the fuck does someone so emotionally fragile become a cop in the first place? It stands to reason that allowing someone who can't wait a few minutes at a McDonald's drive-thru without having a complete emotional breakdown to be a police officer would only lead to more people being irrationally killed by cops. Do you trust this woman to act appropriately in a tense situation? Is there no vetting process to being a cop at all?

?? You act like she had a nervous breakdown because she had to wait.  Based on what she said, it sounds like she's been up over 24 hours with constant death threats.  Now, I don't know about you but I get emotionally unstable after being up for 18 hours and I don't have death threats.

Was that video edited? I missed the part where she says she is getting "constant death threats", or anything to that effect.
I was guessing.
Oh ok

As for her 'not enough thank yous' well, how long would you do a thankless job?  A job where even something as simple as a speeding ticket is met with a mix of hostility or outright begging?
Gee, maybe if she's too emotionally fragile to work a famously thankless job, she shouldn't be working a famously thankless job.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 03:57:41 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: June 18, 2020, 04:55:25 PM »
If she was really up over 24 hours, she shouldn't be driving, or even on duty at all. That is a disaster waiting to happen.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: June 18, 2020, 05:57:58 PM »

How the fuck does someone so emotionally fragile become a cop in the first place? It stands to reason that allowing someone who can't wait a few minutes at a McDonald's drive-thru without having a complete emotional breakdown to be a police officer would only lead to more people being irrationally killed by cops. Do you trust this woman to act appropriately in a tense situation? Is there no vetting process to being a cop at all?

?? You act like she had a nervous breakdown because she had to wait.  Based on what she said, it sounds like she's been up over 24 hours with constant death threats.  Now, I don't know about you but I get emotionally unstable after being up for 18 hours and I don't have death threats.

Was that video edited? I missed the part where she says she is getting "constant death threats", or anything to that effect.
I was guessing.
Oh ok

As for her 'not enough thank yous' well, how long would you do a thankless job?  A job where even something as simple as a speeding ticket is met with a mix of hostility or outright begging?
Gee, maybe if she's too emotionally fragile to work a famously thankless job, she shouldn't be working a famously thankless job.

::)

Basically you're stating that, without knowing any circumstances, her reaction shows she's fragile.
Which is BS.  For all you know she could be on a 48 hour shift of dealing with violent protestors who spend the entire time telling her she's a murderer.

Smart to post a video?  Fuck no.  But do not call her fragile you insensitive jackass.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: June 18, 2020, 06:40:42 PM »
She is not working a 48 hour shift. She may be tired, but the idea of her working shift after shift on end is insane. Also:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/18/us/politics/john-bolton-memoir-takeaways.html
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 07:32:40 PM by honk »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: June 18, 2020, 06:46:29 PM »
She is not working a 48 hour shift. She may be tired, but the idea of her working shift after shift on end is insane.  Also:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/18/us/politics/john-bolton-memoir-takeaways.html

God I hope not, but given her behavior, she's definitely running on no sleep for longer than you should in a high stress situation.

And yes, Bolton says everything non-republicans have been saying already and it'll add nothing and change no minds.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 06:50:35 PM by Lord Dave »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5745 on: June 18, 2020, 06:48:06 PM »

I was guessing.
Oh ok

Basically you're stating that, without knowing any circumstances, her reaction shows she's fragile.
Which is BS.  For all you know she could be on a 48 hour shift of dealing with violent protestors who spend the entire time telling her she's a murderer.

Smart to post a video?  Fuck no.  But do not call her fragile you insensitive jackass.

I mean, I'm sorry, but if she's been getting constant death threats, you might think that would be the focus of her pity video, rather than a minor and common inconvenience at a fast food drive-thru.   ::)
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: June 18, 2020, 07:02:48 PM »

I was guessing.
Oh ok

I mean, I'm sorry, but if she's been getting constant death threats, you might think that would be the focus of her pity video, rather than a minor and common inconvenience at a fast food drive-thru.   ::)

Honestly, it looks like she's overtired and stressed.  I don't know if you've experienced that before, but let me tell you: you don't focus on the long term or the constant issues, you focus on the exact moment.  And it sucks hard.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: June 18, 2020, 07:13:26 PM »
Rushy.  I'm sorry I blew up at you.  I got triggered and with the heat, I was not calm and level headed.

I am sorry.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: June 19, 2020, 04:53:25 AM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: June 19, 2020, 09:57:53 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/19/trump-racist-baby-tweet-gets-slapped-with-manipulated-media-label.html

The Donald Trump minstrel show continues.

Think Trump will disavow Twitter before the election?  Vowing to "take my millions of followers to another platform."

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: June 19, 2020, 10:28:29 PM »
So ... Tulsa had announced a curfew to prevent crowding and incidents in advance of the rally ... then Trump announced that the queues were beginning to form .... and folks wondered "How can they do that if there's a curfew?", and then it was announced "There's an exception to the curfew for the folks attending the rally" .... EDIT (...but they've got to go home RIGHT AWAY after the rally finishes, like good boys and girls...)

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

The local council debated the situation on Thursday, and somehow concluded they were powerless to decline Trump's booking of the venue; however, the venue operators stated that if any of the regular staff were unhappy about attending, they could stay away; apparently half have done this, and an outside contractor will provide deputies - so half of the staff will be unfamiliar with the venue, learning safety protocols and such in a hurry .... what could go wrong?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 09:54:05 AM by Tumeni »
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: June 20, 2020, 03:51:34 AM »
So ... Tulsa had announced a curfew to prevent crowding and incidents in advance of the rally ... then Trump announced that the queues were beginning to form .... and folks wondered "How can they do that if there's a curfew?", and then it was announced "There's an exception to the curfew for the folks attending the rally" ....

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

The local council debated the situation on Thursday, and somehow concluded they were powerless to decline Trump's booking of the venue; however, the venue operators stated that if any of the regular staff were unhappy about attending, they could stay away; apparently half have done this, and an outside contractor will provide deputies - so half of the staff will be unfamiliar with the venue, learning safety protocols and such in a hurry .... what could go wrong?

Hopefully enough to fuck over Trump.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: June 20, 2020, 10:36:56 AM »
15/16 friends ALL contracted coronavirus after ONE night out in a crowded Florida bar, capacity unknown, but CLEARLY far less than the arena being used today for the Trump rally. I predict carnage in Tulsa, and in clusters around those who travel back to other states after the rally.

There's reports of people attending there who are from out-of-state, and who have been following Trump's rallies around the country, the same way that The Grateful Dead had a travelling fan club of Deadheads who amassed hundreds of concert attendances...

EDIT - and now half a dozen members of Trump's advance team have tested positive, and have been quarantined.....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 07:22:26 PM by Tumeni »

Nearly?

Rama Set

« Reply #5753 on: June 20, 2020, 10:04:06 PM »
I mean the mass protests are a much bigger problem for COVID than a Trump rally, but yeah this is all looking bad isn’t it.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: June 21, 2020, 12:42:38 AM »
I mean the mass protests are a much bigger problem for COVID than a Trump rally, but yeah this is all looking bad isn’t it.

The protests are a problem too and anybody looking the other way on that while criticizing Trump on this is being a bit hypocritical.

There's still a difference between being out in the open air with a mask on your face versus being crammed in an arena with 19k people, many (most, I'd wager) of whom are defiantly refusing to wear a mask.

That being said it's hard to imagine that the protests aren't exacerbating things too. I thought about attending a protest myself and chose not to because of the risk.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: June 21, 2020, 12:57:50 AM »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: June 21, 2020, 01:10:45 AM »
https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=16537.0

Trump is once again interfering with federal investigations for his own personal benefit:

https://apnews.com/e9ecba75a9d528ad1de7af33f978f007

This is corruption. Trump is corrupt. And not only is he corrupt, he's also a coward who won't stand behind his own decisions:

Although Barr said Trump had removed Berman, the president told reporters: “That’s all up to the attorney general. Attorney General Barr is working on that. That’s his department, not my department.” Trump added: “I wasn’t involved.”

Despite everything that Barr has done for Trump, he remains nothing more than a potential scapegoat to be blamed and discarded if political pressure grows to be too much. Because that's the kind of person Trump is. He has no loyalty, no gratitude, no sense that he should care about the overall welfare of anyone other than himself. Really, this is the most ethically damning thing about Trump to me - his refusal to accept responsibility and eagerness to blame others. Children are taught to be better than this. For a grown man to behave this way is outrageous, let alone the president.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: June 21, 2020, 06:00:18 AM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-canceled-outdoor-speech-at-tulsa-rally-over-low-turnout-2020-6

Wow, from over a million to a few thousand. That's sad.  :(

According to one political commentator, his 16-year old daughter walked into the room after the rally and asked; "Did it work?", referring to a campaign by the youth of America to secure thousands of tickets to the rally with no intention of going....

The commentator was quoted "I consume a LOT of political social media, and I had no idea this was happening"

Nearly?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: June 21, 2020, 06:24:54 AM »
ONE MILLION REQUESTS FOR TICKETS!!!

RALLY IN TULSA!!!

I WONDER WHERE THOSE MILLION PEOPLE WENT IF HE COULDN’T FILL A 19,000 SEAT ARENA...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53121488
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"