I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

totallackey

Re: Trump
« Reply #3561 on: January 18, 2019, 11:30:39 AM »
The altruism of Trump, so nobly working without pay on behalf of the American people.
As if altruism is a worthwhile aspiration?

Is selfishness, the antonym of 'altruism', the more worthwhile aspiration?
Of course it is!

All creatures, by their very nature, act out of an ingrained sense of preservation of self-interest.

Altruism simply goes against the laws of nature.

totallackey

« Reply #3562 on: January 18, 2019, 11:32:20 AM »
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/trump-russia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation

whoops.
Just a bunch more crap.

Who in their right mind would believe you need to lie about something that is perfectly legal to begin with.

Michael Cohen acted on his own free will and accord.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: January 18, 2019, 12:16:12 PM »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

totallackey

« Reply #3564 on: January 18, 2019, 01:15:29 PM »
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/trump-russia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation

whoops.
Why would the feds disclose such critical information to Buzzfeed and not, I dunno, Congress?
One of two ways to look at it...

The feds already know the good people elected to Congress are already so full of shit the feds are seeking to spare them the ignominy of digesting any more...

Or its just bullshit...

Trump has the goods on all these filthy POS...

MSM is merely spoonfeeding the daily dose of fake drama to keep people on the edge of their seat...

Meanwhile:

Unemployment at historically low numbers, especially among blacks and hispanics.

GDP at levels not seen in over 30 years...

The US is now the leading oil producing/exporting nation...

Yeah, this really helps Russia, our sworn enemy (according to libtards)...

ALL HAIL OUR ILLUSTRIOUS AND BELOVED LEADER!!!

Rama Set

« Reply #3565 on: January 18, 2019, 05:41:13 PM »
The altruism of Trump, so nobly working without pay on behalf of the American people.

Of course it is!

All creatures, by their very nature, act out of an ingrained sense of preservation of self-interest.

Incorrect. Altruism is an evolved trait among many social species.

Rama Set

« Reply #3566 on: January 18, 2019, 05:48:40 PM »

whoops.
Why would the feds disclose such critical information to Buzzfeed and not, I dunno, Congress?

Why do you think congress doesn’t have this information? Cohen testified to these facts.

whoops.
Just a bunch more crap.

Who in their right mind would believe you need to lie about something that is perfectly legal to begin with.

Michael Cohen acted on his own free will and accord.

It’s explained in the article. Lying to protect your reputation is not strange.

Offline Bad Puppy

• Belief does not make something a theory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: January 18, 2019, 08:44:58 PM »

whoops.
One of two ways to look at it...

The feds already know the good people elected to Congress are already so full of shit the feds are seeking to spare them the ignominy of digesting any more...

Or its just bullshit...

Trump has the goods on all these filthy POS...

MSM is merely spoonfeeding the daily dose of fake drama to keep people on the edge of their seat...

Meanwhile:

Unemployment at historically low numbers, especially among blacks and hispanics.

GDP at levels not seen in over 30 years...

The US is now the leading oil producing/exporting nation...

Yeah, this really helps Russia, our sworn enemy (according to libtards)...

ALL HAIL OUR ILLUSTRIOUS AND BELOVED LEADER!!!

I wonder when libtards will give a good reason for why Russia so badly wants the US to have great unemployment and a strong economy that they'd plant an agent in the WH.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
...circles do not exist and pi is not 3.14159...

Quote from: totallackey
Do you have any evidence of reality?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: January 18, 2019, 08:58:06 PM »

whoops.

It's just a shame that Buzzfeed doesn't actually have any evidence backing their allegations and will retract all of this quietly in a week or so.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: January 18, 2019, 09:12:34 PM »

I wonder when libtards will give a good reason for why Russia so badly wants the US to have great unemployment and a strong economy that they'd plant an agent in the WH.
That's actually pretty easy: so his base wouldn't hate him.  See, the goal is division and distraction.
Divide the nation.  Make it fight itself with a loud, spotlight loving man at the center, stirring anger.  That way, when things like ending troops in Syria... People are too busy with the war inside America to care.  Russia can do what it wants without risking US involvement.

Besides, the best way to conquor someone is to make them too happy to care about being controlled.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #3570 on: January 19, 2019, 01:02:23 AM »

whoops.

It's just a shame that Buzzfeed doesn't actually have any evidence backing their allegations and will retract all of this quietly in a week or so.

Looks like Rushy was right:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/mueller-statement-buzzfeed/index.html

Inb4 Total Lackey has no problem agreeing with this post from CNN.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: January 19, 2019, 04:47:29 AM »

whoops.

Looks like Rushy was right:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/mueller-statement-buzzfeed/index.html

Inb4 Total Lackey has no problem agreeing with this post from CNN.

But thats impossible.
This is a witchhunt by the liberal media, Robert Meuller, and all thr democrats.  Why would they say such a story is not accurate?  Clearly they're lying.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: January 19, 2019, 06:39:46 AM »
Why do you think congress doesn’t have this information? Cohen testified to these facts.
I suspect they don't have this specific information. Indeed, I'm not sure if it could be called information at this stage.

Of course, this conversation is much less fun now that Mueller made my point for me - being smug and coy about it just doesn't work anymore. My point was that if these sources had credible information, they would have disclosed it somewhere that matters. Congress seems an obvious choice, but a reputable journalistic outlet (as opposed to a pop blog) would also be a good start.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting it must be false. But clearly they didn't have enough to go with to show that it's true. That's why they went to Buzzfeed and made a quick buck.

I guess the main problem here is that people seem to mistake Buzzfeed for a news outlet. Again and again and again. The public didn't learn from the Trump "dossier" and they probably won't learn now, either.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 06:51:40 AM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Rama Set

« Reply #3574 on: January 19, 2019, 04:32:22 PM »
Fair enough. The name “buzzfeed” is almost enough to discredit them but nothing about that story seemed implausible to me. I will certainly always wait for buzzfeed to be confirmed by some other source from now on.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: January 19, 2019, 05:16:54 PM »
This is what happens when your "anonymous source" is some intern looking to make a quick buck from a gullible journalist.

Rama Set

« Reply #3576 on: January 19, 2019, 05:57:40 PM »
Buzzfeed is defending their source and wanting to know what exactly Mueller disagreed with, which seems fair since he was vague.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: January 19, 2019, 07:02:43 PM »
Buzzfeed is defending their source and wanting to know what exactly Mueller disagreed with, which seems fair since he was vague.

"Mueller’s denial, according to people familiar with the matter, aims to make clear that none of those statements in the story are accurate."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/2019/01/18/b9c40d34-1b85-11e9-8813-cb9dec761e73_story.html

Though WaPo's use of "people familiar with the matter" is equally as suspect as Buzzfeed's use of anonymous sources.

Rama Set

« Reply #3578 on: January 19, 2019, 07:57:48 PM »
Yeah. Well it’s not like there won’t be some other steaming pile for Trump to step in next week. Stay tuned!

totallackey

« Reply #3579 on: January 22, 2019, 05:06:59 PM »

Of course it is!

Incorrect. Altruism is an evolved trait among many social species.
Altruism is not an evolved trait.

As usual, the bogus definitions card game comes into play.

Nobody wants to play muddy the water with you Rama...