A simple Question-explanation
« on: February 13, 2017, 04:39:44 AM »
I just feel the need to ask for your explanation of these live streams that pop up once in a while:

When it's up,it shows constant footage of the earth (along with calming music yada yada yada)

Could someone give me a respectable answer? (Green screen,at least by itself, doesn't count,the live stream has hours of footage and the cloud positions and angles change constantly)

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: A simple Question-explanation
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 02:52:23 PM »
Let's start by pointing out that these streams are not "live" in any sense of the word.

https://www.facebook.com/FlatSoc/posts/1141679792574780
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37778973

Indeed, according to NASA's ISS tracker, as I'm writing this the ISS should be passing over unlit parts of the Earth, but your stream shows the sphere in plain daylight.

With that out of the way, generating a "stream" like this becomes trivial.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 02:56:28 PM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 04:04:37 PM »
you're right, the you tube videos aren't live, but it's still hours and hours of footage that just can't be "rendered" or realistically faked.

I asked for the explanation, and "generating a "stream" like this becomes trivial" really doesn't cut it

Also the article you linked me to (the second one) showed me the actual live stream, here: https://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/ESRS/HDEV/

thanks for responding btw  :)

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 05:46:33 PM »
you're right, the you tube videos aren't live, but it's still hours and hours of footage that just can't be "rendered" or realistically faked.

Why not?

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 08:14:06 PM »
Cause at least in my opinion, its too many hours of too realistic footage, but who knows? I might be wrong.

I started the thread to ask a question, which still hasn't been answered really.

If no one wants to (which is fine) you might as well lock the thread or even delete it (admin)

I'm not here to poke holes in anyone's beliefs, I'm just curious.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 08:02:17 AM »
Cause at least in my opinion, its too many hours of too realistic footage, but who knows? I might be wrong.
In this day and age, there is nothing stopping you from rendering days of footage with relatively little effort.

I started the thread to ask a question, which still hasn't been answered really.
Well, your question relies on a few assumptions, and I think those assumptions are somewhat flawed. This renders the question unanswerable in its current form.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume