Satellites
« on: December 11, 2016, 05:12:16 PM »
I'm new to Flat Earth and have researched a lot via YouTube. Has anybody got an explanation for why we can see things that look like satellites travelling at a high speed in the sky at night?

I've seen them on several occasions in the past when i used to think the earth was a globe.

It's messing with my head ???

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Satellites
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 05:39:23 PM »
Did you see those lights orbiting a globe earth?

Offline Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 01:36:36 PM »
If you really want to mess with your head look at the below:

Those lights appearing not to move in the night sky we are told are in geostationary orbits.

They have never been recorded in history despite many civilizations meticulously documenting their observations of the heavens.  Not one mention of them until we are told those satellites were launched.

Then you could google Iridium satellites.  One of the brightest things in the night sky under the right conditions.  Never observed until we are told they were put into orbit.

If anyone is really interested they could take advantage of the doppler effect.  Use it to track satellites and determine altitude and velocity.

The ISS can be observed with binoculars and you will be able to resolve the solar panels.  It will be somewhat blurry, but you will notice it really seems to be a man made object up there.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 07:07:10 PM »
Did you see those lights orbiting a globe earth?

Well I just saw them streaking across the night sky at a very fast rate. Could they be orbiting in a circular motion above a flat earth?

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 07:12:42 PM »

Those lights appearing not to move in the night sky we are told are in geostationary orbits.

They have never been recorded in history despite many civilizations meticulously documenting their observations of the heavens.  Not one mention of them until we are told those satellites were launched.

Then you could google Iridium satellites.  One of the brightest things in the night sky under the right conditions.  Never observed until we are told they were put into orbit.

If anyone is really interested they could take advantage of the doppler effect.  Use it to track satellites and determine altitude and velocity.

The ISS can be observed with binoculars and you will be able to resolve the solar panels.  It will be somewhat blurry, but you will notice it really seems to be a man made object up there.
So is geostationary orbit meaning they are rotating at the same speed as the supposed globe, therefore they look like they are not moving? If so they would only be visible from a limited area of earth?

By the way this is really messing with my head lol

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 09:26:56 PM »

So is geostationary orbit meaning they are rotating at the same speed as the supposed globe, therefore they look like they are not moving? If so they would only be visible from a limited area of earth?

Yes.

I'm curious, how does a satellite "orbit" a flat earth? What are the conditions that needs to be met for something to orbit the earth?
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 10:24:49 PM »

Yes.

I'm curious, how does a satellite "orbit" a flat earth? What are the conditions that needs to be met for something to orbit the earth?
I haven't got the first clue as to how that could be possible. I could imagine it to be something to do with magnetic force?

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 12:59:41 AM »

Yes.

I haven't got the first clue as to how that could be possible. I could imagine it to be something to do with magnetic force?
But there's an actual explanation though, one that can be both calculated and measured.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 01:25:26 AM »
Yes but, geostationary orbits have a radius of 42,164 km and the earth's radius is only 6,371 km.
This means that only within 8.7° of each pole are the geostationary satellites not "visible" at all.