Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: Covid-19 vaccine two shots
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2020, 10:40:26 PM »
"A record 621 people died of drug overdoses in San Francisco so far this year, a staggering number that far outpaces the 173 deaths from COVID-19 the city has seen thus far."

Covid is a nothing burger.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/12/overdose-deaths-far-outpace-covid-19-deaths-liberal-utopia-san-francisco/

This is because San Francisco (and the 7 counties that make up the Bay Area) was the gold standard for Covid prevention until Thanksgiving rolled around. SF went into lockdown a week before even NYC did back in March and has had very rigid lockdown & Social protocols ever since. Conversely, SF has a tremendous Opioid problem.

If you look at the State of California as a whole, for the year 2018, there were 5,348 overdose deaths (most recent data I could find). Covid, so far in California from February to now, there have been 22,653 deaths. For the year 2019, California had 2,900 Flu deaths.

Do the math.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2020, 09:18:01 PM »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2020, 04:12:05 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/deadliest-us-year-2020-mainly-due-to-covid-19/

Turns out, 2020 is actually a pretty bad year in terms of deaths.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2020, 06:16:14 PM »
Covid-19 isn't real.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2020, 02:08:19 PM »
What a POS. And yet GOP base will look past the fact that he is the definition of wealthy elite, rushing to the front of the line to get his vaccine...

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2020, 03:01:12 PM »
He's not totally wrong.

Alot of people in general don't know what's good for them.  They hold up in tradition or habits and call it freedom.  We had a huge backlash against seatbelt usage for God's sake.  And smoking.  And drinking.  And drugs.

Humans suck at knowing what's actually good for them.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2020, 03:09:08 PM »
He's not totally wrong.

Alot of people in general don't know what's good for them.  They hold up in tradition or habits and call it freedom.  We had a huge backlash against seatbelt usage for God's sake.  And smoking.  And drinking.  And drugs.

And governments know what is good for people?

Quote from: Ronald Regan
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help.

Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Rama Set

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2020, 04:50:20 PM »
He's not totally wrong.

And governments know what is good for people?

Quote from: Ronald Regan
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help.

Good thing there is data to support the vaccine.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2020, 05:09:30 PM »
Jesus Christ. I wouldn't trust any data given to me by a government dead set on treating me like a farm animal. Deciding what vaccinations I should have, what anti-biotics, what vitamins I should take and how often I should be wormed!  >o<

A government has no business telling me what medication I should be on. And their data is contrived to give any result they chose to deliver.

And I absolutely cannot get an answer to the question ... as a healthy individual, why do I need to be vaccinated against a disease that won't harm me? Without an answer to this very reasonable question ... I'm not taking it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2020, 05:16:19 PM »
Jesus Christ. I wouldn't trust any data given to me by a government dead set on treating me like a farm animal. Deciding what vaccinations I should have, what anti-biotics, what vitamins I should take and how often I should be wormed!  >o<

A government has no business telling me what medication I should be on. And their data is contrived to give any result they chose to deliver.

And I absolutely cannot get an answer to the question ... as a healthy individual, why do I need to be vaccinated against a disease that won't harm me? Without an answer to this very reasonable question ... I'm not taking it.

So that your sorry ass doesn't infect other people every time you open your mouth to spit angry ranting nonsense at them.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2020, 05:17:26 PM »

So that your sorry ass doesn't infect other people every time you open your mouth to spit angry ranting nonsense at them.
How do I infect other people if they have been vaccinated, Einstein?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2020, 05:26:25 PM »
Not all people can be vaccinated, due to medical circumstances. This isn't exactly a new issue.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2020, 05:36:26 PM »
Not all people can be vaccinated, due to medical circumstances. This isn't exactly a new issue.
If I get Coronavirus OriginalTM I'm going to end up self isolating anyway. And then I will be immune.

These very very few edge cases ... and please ... show me an example because I've seen 2 people get an allergic reaction and both were fine ... but those people, are going to be hiding away for the rest of forever anyway. They haven't got long left if something as benign as covid is going to take them.

I saw the bizarre scene of Germany displaying to the world its first vaccine application ... to a 101 year old woman.
https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20201226-in-germany-101-year-old-woman-first-to-receive-covid-19-vaccine

Are we immortals? You just keep going and going and going no matter how old, how much of a burden and how expensive you are becoming to keep running. The Eskimos take grandma out and drop her into the icy sea once she eats more than she outputs in warm knitted jumpers. In fact it is common in many cultures. This idea we'll keep you alive forever in the West is just sick. To kill your economy to save a 101 year old coffin dodger ... utterly backward.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senicide

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2020, 05:40:37 PM »
If I get Coronavirus OriginalTM I'm going to end up self isolating anyway. And then I will be immune.
That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works, and it's not how any of this has ever worked. We figured out how to handle immunisation centuries ago, and your failure to read up on it is unlikely to change anyone's mind.

EDIT: I originally called Thork stupid in this post. It has been edited to only strongly imply it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 05:43:14 PM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2020, 06:12:43 PM »
That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works, and it's not how any of this has ever worked. We figured out how to handle immunisation centuries ago, and the fact that you're too stupid to read up on it is unlikely to change anyone's mind.

No, you are being lied to. They are spouting shit about herd immunity and eradicating coronavirus. Covid-19 jumps species! It lives in wild animals and also domestic cats and dogs! You cannot eradicate it. It will just keep coming back. And regardless of whether I get it once or not, animals are going to keep bringing it back so that that 1:100,000 strawman you mentioned earlier will get it and die. You can no more prevent people getting coronavirus than you can prevent them getting flu. Think of it exactly like flu. Are you killing people because you didn't get your annual shot this year? Don't call me stupid when you are having trouble with very simple logic problems.

They can't 'control the virus'. It is stupid government spin like a war on terror or battling climate change. Unwinnable wars against unseen enemies.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2020, 06:23:49 PM »
Imagine my shock

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2020, 06:28:45 PM »
If they won't back their products with their money ... why would you back them with your health?

They have literally done the maths and decided it would be too expensive to compensate all the people they are going to hurt with these drugs. I'll get natural covid, thank you very much.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2020, 07:04:48 PM »
No, you are being lied to. They are spouting shit about herd immunity and eradicating coronavirus.
Nobody serious is claiming COVID-19 will be eradicated. As per your usual form, you are arguing against a position that doesn't exist, because you haven't bothered with the arguments that do exist.

And regardless of whether I get it once or not, animals are going to keep bringing it back so that that 1:100,000 strawman you mentioned earlier will get it and die.
That's not quite how probability works. Yes, you personally taking the vaccine will not stop all elderly ladies from catching it. It will just reduce the risk for the drunk elderly ladies you pick up at the pub. Oh, and it will help pubs re-open sooner, so you can get back to doing that.

You can no more prevent people getting coronavirus than you can prevent them getting flu. Think of it exactly like flu. Are you killing people because you didn't get your annual shot this year?
I did get my annual shot this year, in part because I don't fancy killing people. I work with a bunch of vulnerable individuals who I don't fancy to see dead (or even briefly bedridden) just yet, and if I can make a small contribution to that, it's worth 15 minutes of my time. The civilised world has been doing this for some 80 years, by the way.

They can't 'control the virus'. It is stupid government spin like a war on terror or battling climate change. Unwinnable wars against unseen enemies.
Ah, there's your problem. You've been listening to Tories again. Look, nobody is defending them here. Basic epidemiology has nothing to do with the government's idiotic agenda (and yes, we happen to agree on that minor point).

I'll get natural covid, thank you very much.
Nah, it's pretty obvious you're gonna take the vax as soon as it becomes available to you. The lady doth protest too much, etc.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 07:08:53 PM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2020, 08:29:01 PM »
Nah, it's pretty obvious you're gonna take the vax as soon as it becomes available to you. The lady doth protest too much, etc.
The company I work for was offering free flu shots. Not because they are nice. Because they don't want us having paid sick days off work. They literally couldn't give them away. Common consensus was ... I'll just get natural flu, thank you very much. I did not queue up like a porcine asset so that my corporate farmers could medicate me.

That's not quite how probability works. Yes, you personally taking the vaccine will not stop all elderly ladies from catching it. It will just reduce the risk for the drunk elderly ladies you pick up at the pub. Oh, and it will help pubs re-open sooner, so you can get back to doing that.
If THEY are vulnerable, THEY should take the vaccine. What part of that are you having trouble with? I shouldn't be in contact with anyone who is either unable to fight off Covid (99.9% of people) or vulnerable people who went and got the vaccine (everyone else). There is no one for me to kill.

I did get my annual shot this year, in part because I don't fancy killing people.
You are such a virtue-signalling douchebag. I'll bet you walked around with your sleeve rolled up so everyone could see your plaster. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. You are likely going to kill more people than you save. https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-vaccines-can-drive-pathogens-to-evolve-20180510/
Its like taking penicillins when you don't need them. It's the same deal and all because you don't want a sniffle and you want to brag to Ethel about how you saved her life at 11am this morning.

I work with a bunch of vulnerable individuals
How did you circumvent the CRB check?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2020, 08:39:41 PM »
They literally couldn't give them away.
Nice lie, buddy. You took the vaccine like the good corporate shill you are. :)

If THEY are vulnerable, THEY should take the vaccine.
They can't.

What part of that are you having trouble with?
I am having no trouble at all. You simply failed to read what's being said. Again.

You are such a virtue-signalling douchebag. I'll bet you walked around with your sleeve rolled up so everyone could see your plaster.
Plaster? My, oh my. You really [are pretending that you] haven't interacted with modern medicine recently!

How did you circumvent the CRB check?
It's called a DBS check these days. This whole "I am in the 1970s >o<" schtick really isn't working out for you. I miss the days when you made arguments.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 08:41:22 PM by Pete Svarrior »