Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Re: Satellites
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2017, 05:48:02 PM »
Question about satellites : If they are real and you have over 10k satellites in space which mean that they are easy to make and easy to place them in orbit for their desire purpose .... so then tech giant like google why they will invest in loon project ?? why not google will make one time satellites which do job and no maintenance

Several reasons, actually
  • Start with cost.  Each satellite costs millions of dollars to build, more millions to launch, and can never be touched again.  Right now, each of Google's balloons cost tens of thousands of dollars to fly, but as Google pushes its research forward, that price will likely go down.  So even at today’s higher-than-it-will-be price, you can fly literally thousands of balloons for the price of EACH satellite.
  • End with purpose.  The job Loon is doing is completely different from the job satellites are doing.  Loon is providing “last mile” access to the internet.  You simply cannot provide that from space.  Loon connects local, on-the-ground users to the bigger system, users who don’t have equipment capable of transmitting all the way to a satellite.  It’s like asking “we already have eighteen wheelers, why would anybody need roller skates?”
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2017, 06:13:51 PM »
i have few Question , i will be thankful if you could explain it for me ,
1 ) so you people make satellites , am wondering which material you people use for casing , in thermosphere temperature is 1500 ~ 2000 Celsius , so how it can with stand that much of temperature ?

While the thermosphere is very hot, there is very little heat transfer due to the very thin atmosphere.

2 ) In theory there can not be heat transfer in space because its empty nothing there , to transfer heat , so when these satellites are hit by sun rays they will heat up and their temperature should be  raising because there is nothing in space where heat could be transfer , so how you people keep it cool ?

In space, heat does not transfer like it does on Earth as you mentioned. It is transferred via radiation. (think high energy particles coming from the sun) I think temps swing from roughly -250 to + 250 degrees.

3 ) also how you people are lunching satellite in orbit ? i guess rocket will go up and acquire desire speed and then it need to release satellite from its bay in allocated orbit , correct ? so Question is how rocket can acquire speed in space ? because we know newton 3rd law action and reaction , in space there is only one body which is rocket there is no second body to react like on ground we have that air which push planes etc , so how that propulsion is possible in vaccum ? also according to thermodynamics expansion of gases in vaccum result zero work , because nothing to displace ...

You do not understand Newton's 3rd law. There is no need to displace or push against anything. Thrust is caused by particles leaving the propulsion device. When a particle accelerates away from the exhaust nozzle, an equal/opposite force is applied to the ship. That is what provides the thrust.

4 ) so these satellites all are geostationary or what ? because you said if their is inch difference in alignment it will not work , so you have satellite in orbit which is in motion and ball earth is also in motion , so for dishes alignment the satellite should be in sync 100% with ball earth speed if there is even 0.1% difference in speed , theoretically the alignment should be effected and it suppose to be keep increasing...

Millions of people have aligned their satellite dishes with little difficulty. Satellite TV has been around for decades and works just fine. Accuracy of alignment probably comes down to how the signal is being broadcast.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2017, 03:42:51 AM »
Well this thread is a huge dumpster fire, with the ISS being held in the sky with giant magic indestructible invisible balloons hurtling across the sky at unfathomable speeds with unlimited amounts of fuel and propulsion, people refusing to use a set of binoculars and people claiming images that anyone could take are fake.

Just another day on the internet.

Treep Ravisarras

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2018, 09:11:52 PM »
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 11:30:58 AM by Treep Ravisaras »

Treep Ravisarras

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2018, 08:18:20 AM »
Stare at the supposed ISS live feed for a few days straight on Red Bull. I guarantee you that you will never see one of the supposed 1000's of satellites up there. Why?

They're FAKE !
Actually found this recent video where they faked it again. It's horrible to watch. I mean fast forward to 1:25:41, you can see they have placed a string of satellites in 'space'. So funny!

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2018, 08:26:38 AM »
Actually found this recent video where they faked it again. It's horrible to watch. I mean fast forward to 1:25:41, you can see they have placed a string of satellites in 'space'. So funny!

So ... do you think Iridium (and SpaceX's other named customers, such as Orbcomm, Thaicomm, the US Military, NASA, etc.) are;

1 Being fooled by SpaceX?
2 In on the fakery, too?
3 Other

???
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Galactic Ketchup

• Round Earth theorist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2018, 01:40:09 PM »
Stare at the supposed ISS live feed for a few days straight on Red Bull. I guarantee you that you will never see one of the supposed 1000's of satellites up there. Why?

They're FAKE !

So you're insisting that since these satellites are in view of each other, but the ISS is not in view of any other satellites, that these both must be fake?

Naturally, if a single launch puts several satellites in orbit, it will place them in very similar places with very similar velocities. They are within view of each other because they were put up at the same time by the same launch in the same place. They stay near each other because they all have the same altitude and thus orbit at the same rate in the same direction. Satellites are often put up in groups like this because it is far cheaper than using an additional rocket launch for each one.

The ISS, on the other hand, was assembled from several launches, none of which, to my knowledge, contained parts for any other satellites. The ISS was a big project; I don't think they had any room for unrelated satellites. The ISS can see no fellow satellites because it was not near anything else to begin with, and the probability of it just happening to pass near enough another one to see it and have the other one pass in front of a running video camera is incredibly slim. Remember that LEO satellites are dispersed over an area slightly bigger than the surface area of the entire Earth, and that most are travelling in a similar direction with a similar speed (eastward at about 30,000 km/hr).

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2018, 02:05:18 PM »
Looking at the probability of encountering other satellites, if you could wander around up there at random ....

Radius of Earth = 6378km,  Orbital height of ISS = 408km, Total radius of a sphere at this height = 6786km (R)

Surface area of a sphere at ISS height = 4*pi*R squared = 578,385,438 sq km

No of operational & defunct satellites = approx 3700

Therefore;

Average area for each satellite (assuming all at ISS height) = 156,320 square km, or a square of almost 400km side length, IF they were all at this height.

But they're not. Height differences between orbits can be hundreds of km. The SpaceX Falcon Heavy Tesla went out to around 6,950km before leaving Earth orbit

Even if we assume them all at the same height with an average size of 5 metres on each side, then each is a target of 0.025 sq km within that 156,320 square km ...... or 0.000016% of the available space. Not surprisingly, they are easy to miss.

Space is big. Really big.

Nearly?

Treep Ravisarras

« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2018, 11:03:12 PM »
So you're insisting that since these satellites are in view of each other, but the ISS is not in view of any other satellites, that these both must be fake?

They posted a pic of supposedly the next 10 (https://twitter.com/IridiumComm/status/974744947780935686). I think they are just using the same pic over and over.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 11:04:43 PM by Treep Ravisarras »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2018, 11:35:56 PM »
They posted a pic of supposedly the next 10 (https://twitter.com/IridiumComm/status/974744947780935686). I think they are just using the same pic over and over.

Why would you expect to be able to differentiate between them?

Is it any different from looking at cars coming off a production line? Without seeing the chassis number, options list, etc, how would you tell one from the other (assuming the same paint colour)

Nearly?