Mysfit

Bumpiness of the flat earth
« on: October 14, 2018, 09:50:55 PM »
Hello,
I would like to discuss the bumpiness of the flat earth.
The flat earth wiki covers the formation of mountains and volcanoes with plate tectonics
https://wiki.tfes.org/Formation_of_Mountains_and_Volcanoes
If the force of UA is creating the magma, why is it not pushed up all at once when an opening exists? My example would be toothpaste, but that’s not quite the right shape.
You squeeze the toothpaste tube hard and then uncap it. The force shoots the toothpaste all over the mirror. What a mess.
The force of UA should work similarly, but with liquid rock and space (and more mess), unless it’s evenly spread out and cant spike in any way.

Edit:I missed a large chunk off the end. Sorted now.
Edit again: I don’t know enough about tectonics. Took that bit off
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 10:38:39 PM by Mysfit »

Mysfit

Re: Bumpiness of the flat earth
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 12:57:40 PM »
I have realised something further while learning more on plate tectonics.
If the earth is made of several chunks, then why don't these chunks drift apart.
In this instance, my example will be the humble soggy biscuit (coffee or milkshake being the magma of choice).

As time goes on, and as the sogginess of the biscuit breaks apart it's chunks, you get bending and breaking off. Shaking can make this much worse.
A disaster, I know, but I've still got to move this metaphor up to the earth-size.
As time goes on, and as the magma pulls apart/smashes togethor (assuming shaking) the plates of the earth, we should see chunks breaking off. If the earth works like a biscuit, then the edges are most at peril.

I realised I didn't quite address my point in the earlier post.
I would like to discuss a replacement to plate tectonics for flat earth theory.
It will still need to cover:
Earthquakes
Volcanoes
Movement of continents (maybe)
Mountains getting taller (maybe)

All the bumps.
I reckon we have enough clever folks to come up with an alternative.
My first thoughts are of possible vibration/instability/fluctuations from UA, but that gets a bit worrying.

Offline Brother Teresa

• I AM MOTH SO I MUST LIKE LAMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 10:26:21 PM »
This is a really good point I haven’t seen this argument before I will like too see what the flat earthers say :)
“There are flat earthers all over the globe”

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 03:33:37 AM »
With earthquakes and the moving of the earth's plates, I'm surprised that the dome seal in Antarctica hasn't ever been compromised.  There should be a strong movement to get that seal inspected.  If a major crack in the dome ever occurs then there could be a significant leak in the atmosphere and we could all die.
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 03:52:10 AM »
With earthquakes and the moving of the earth's plates, I'm surprised that the dome seal in Antarctica hasn't ever been compromised.  There should be a strong movement to get that seal inspected.  If a major crack in the dome ever occurs then there could be a significant leak in the atmosphere and we could all die.

I am not aware of a dome being in the accepted model of the site you are currently on. I'd suggest reading the wiki and FAQ. But also your post is nothing more than a weak attempt at sarcasm with no point, so I will ask you to refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. Warned.

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 05:20:22 AM »
I hope that I didn't upset you too much.  I've had a couple (probably ignorant) replies from a FET enthusiast that explicitly said that all my geosynchronous satellite signals were being reflected off a molten glass-like dome.  It looks like a thermal barrier or some kind of dark energy vector field to contain the atomolayer is a much better theory.  Obviously between the replies I've received and the image (hopefully attached) that I see on the right side of the Cosmos section of your Wiki, I've become confused. 
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!