totallackey

Re: Trump
« Reply #5380 on: May 19, 2020, 03:44:14 PM »
You see all, I have struck at the heart of the issue for all of you here, decrying Trump, regardless of the issue.

If the media really had a problem with what he says or how he says it, the simplest way to handle it would be...stop.

Just do not give him the platform.

According to you guys, he's a joke anyway.

Just plain stupid, you say!

Well, who is the stupid ones here?

Or, maybe the media isn't stupid.

Maybe... they are in on it too...just one big tail wagging the dog in the ultimate show.

This has nothing to do with the media. They're just someone else for him to blame like Obama, the ukrainians and wind turbines.
His entire public life is over a half-century of financial, personal and spiritual failure. This idea that he's a self-made successful millionaire is mythological BS.

His power doesn't come from the media. It comes from millions of radicalized ignorant rednecks who don't understand they're being scammed. His supporters don't understand that he is making fun of them, he's mocking them, he's laughing at them just the way he did when he fleeced the suckers from Trump University.

Before getting in the White House, his highest level political activity was giving money to Hillary Clinton.

Now that he's driven everyone with any competence or Integrity out of the White House, his administration has been a revolving door Freak Show.

Remember Omarosa and da mooch?

Just like Nixon, eventually even the most hardcore trumpian will begin to understand it was all a scam.
You can drop the Kramer schtick, dude...

Trump has no platform without the media.

You cry about him, they cry about him.

Here, for instance...

Let me take the media side and simply point out all the BS you post here...all your stupid statements...

Just Horrible!

Now, you call me bad, tell me I got it all wrong, and it's Roundy's fault actually...

Well, if you did that, I know what I would do if I actually knew that all the things I wrote about you earlier were true...that you really were a gigantic prick...

I would leave you alone, period...

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: May 19, 2020, 03:59:27 PM »
How can the media not give the POTUS a platform?
Unless they all stopped covering him en masse, which is clearly not going to happen, if the platforms who are more critical of him just stopped covering him then you'd be left with coverage from the sections of the press which fawn over him.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: May 19, 2020, 04:27:16 PM »
Why are you evading the very simple question?

When Trump is at a press conference, should we assume he is telling the truth to the best of his ability 100% of the time or not? (Minus not saying the truth due to legal or ethical obligations)
Dave, why would you all of sudden have anything to believe about what Trump says, regardless of setting?

I am not the one evading any questions here...

I don't trust him, doesn't mean he always lies.

But ok, lets make it easy for you.

Do YOU believe what he says is truthful all the time or do you think he lies during press conferences?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: May 19, 2020, 04:33:44 PM »
An article worth quoting:

https://www.redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2020/05/19/se-cupp-gets-upstaged-by-actual-pharmacists-after-trying-a-dunk-on-trump-for-taking-hydroxychloroquine/

Predictably, the mainstream media went absolutely bonkers after President Trump told reporters Monday that he had been taking hydroxychloroquine as a Wuhan coronavirus preventative after consulting with the White House doctor.

“After numerous discussions he and I had about regarding the evidence for and against the use of hydroxychloroquine, we concluded the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks.” Dr. Sean Conley, Trump’s physician, said in a statement Monday night.

Trump has been touting the drug for the last two months as a potential treatment for the virus, much to the dismay of our pearl-clutching mainstream media.

One of the media figures who expressed fauxtrage outrage over Trump’s announcement was none other than CNN’s S.E. Cupp, who probably made her colleagues proud with this attempted dunk on the President over his announcement:

There are many problems with Cupp’s hot take, the main ones being 1) she’s not a doctor, 2) she’s not a pharmacist, and 3) she’s an anchor for CNN, where the credibility crisis is very real.

Fortunately, actual pharmacists weighed in on Cupp’s comments and countered her faux concern by dropping some inconvenient facts:

My RedState colleagues Nick Arama and Bonchie also weighed in with responses I fully endorse:

Right? I mean, who is S.E. Cupp to get between Trump and his doctor? His body, his choice.

David Harsanyi hammered the point home:

It’s amazing how often the left’s “principles” change depending on the topic, isn’t it?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 08:38:03 AM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #5384 on: May 19, 2020, 05:42:20 PM »

Well, the doctor said it was prescribed, Trump said it was prescribed, and Cavuto didn't even acknowledge the prescription.

Was that in a press conference or sworn testimony before the senate?
There was no Senate hearing yesterday.

What is your point?
I just wonder why you would trust Trump's word or his doctor's in a press conference.  You do understand the difference between a sworn statement and a press conference, right?

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5385 on: May 19, 2020, 05:44:21 PM »
An article worth quoting:

https://www.redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2020/05/19/se-cupp-gets-upstaged-by-actual-pharmacists-after-trying-a-dunk-on-trump-for-taking-hydroxychloroquine/

Predictably, the mainstream media went absolutely bonkers after President Trump told reporters Monday that he had been taking hydroxychloroquine as a Wuhan coronavirus preventative after consulting with the White House doctor.

“After numerous discussions he and I had about regarding the evidence for and against the use of hydroxychloroquine, we concluded the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks.” Dr. Sean Conley, Trump’s physician, said in a statement Monday night.

Trump has been touting the drug for the last two months as a potential treatment for the virus, much to the dismay of our pearl-clutching mainstream media.

One of the media figures who expressed fauxtrage outrage over Trump’s announcement was none other than CNN’s S.E. Cupp, who probably made her colleagues proud with this attempted dunk on the President over his announcement:

There are many problems with Cupp’s hot take, the main ones being 1) she’s not a doctor, 2) she’s not a pharmacist, and 3) she’s an anchor for CNN, where the credibility crisis is very real.

Fortunately, actual pharmacists weighed in on Cupp’s comments and countered her faux concern by dropping some inconvenient facts:

My RedState colleagues Nick Arama and Bonchie also weighed in with responses I fully endorse:

Right? I mean, who is S.E. Cupp to get between Trump and his doctor? His body, his choice.

David Harsanyi hammered the point home:

It’s amazing how often the left’s “principles” change depending on the topic, isn’t it?

Sounds like an amazing treatment and preventive measure.  I'd highly recommend you get out there and get yourself a prescription.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: May 19, 2020, 06:27:58 PM »
Tom has Vitamin C.  The only proven cure for Covid19.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: May 20, 2020, 03:42:00 AM »
Well, I can see from the state of this thread, as well as the current media cycle, that Trump's distraction from the systematic removal of any investigators who dare turn an eye of suspicion towards him or his cronies has worked very well.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/18/us/politics/pompeo-trump-linick-inspector-general-firing.html

This is the real story, the one that Trump wants to be quickly buried, and the media are doing an excellent job of obliging him by reporting breathlessly on how Trump takes hydroxychloroquine instead. This part of the article is arguably the most telling:

Mr. Trump, speaking about the latest in his series of firings of inspectors general around the government, said on Monday of Mr. Linick: “I don’t know him. Never heard of him. But I was asked by the State Department, by Mike” to terminate Mr. Linick.

Trump is already laying the groundwork to stab Pompeo in the back and blame everything on him. That's the kind of person he is, and it shows why he's fundamentally unsuited for any leadership position. The buck doesn't stop with Trump. He refuses to take responsibility for anything, unless it's something he's comfortable gloating about. There's always an excuse with him. Always an escape hatch. Always someone else to blame. Trump may abuse the powers of his office to protect cronies like Pompeo and Flynn from time to time, but ultimately, his only loyalty is to himself, and if he felt pressured enough - or even just not flattered or praised enough - he would betray Pompeo and throw him the wolves in a heartbeat. Trump lives in a Trump-centric world where other people are pawns to be exploited, abused, and discarded at whatever moment he decides would be most personally profitable for him.

And as hypocritical as it is for me after all that to then weigh in on the hydroxychloroquine story, I think it needs to be pointed out that even if Trump's doctor came out and explicitly said, "Yes, I prescribed President Trump hydroxychloroquine," we shouldn't believe him. He's been compromised. I can only assume that Trump has threatened to fire him if he gives honest assessments of his health instead of just saying what he wants to hear, and that's why we've been told that an obese slug in his seventies who never exercises and mostly eats garbage is actually in really good physical health, as well as mysteriously a couple of inches taller than what all available photographic evidence suggests his height really is. There's no reason to believe he'd be any more honest about this.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: May 20, 2020, 06:02:47 AM »
Yes, I saw he fired someome.  Thats like printing news that Trump is orange.  We know but its pointless to care.  No one who votes Trump is going to give a damn.  Hell, they'll probably cheer it as 'draining the swamp'

Besides, which do you think is most likely to take down his presidency:
Him firing someome he has the right to fire but did so for unethical reasons(again) or him dying/his supporters dying from taking this drug?

Choose your battle. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 06:08:29 AM by Lord Dave »

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: May 20, 2020, 06:48:55 AM »
Idiots who can be lured so easily down any old rabbit hole. It's embarrassing. Really you guys!
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: May 20, 2020, 08:20:04 AM »
Trump firing another IG to hide corruption just isn't that shocking.  It's expected by now.

Trump taking the tide pod challenge to ward off coronavirus, that's something new.

I also think that assuming this is an intentional distraction is giving him too much credit.  Think about it.  What's the longest stretch Trump has ever gone without doing something Homer Simpson stupid?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: May 20, 2020, 03:27:06 PM »
There's no evidence beyond the word of a notorious liar and a compromised doctor that Trump is actually taking hydroxychloroquine.

totallackey

« Reply #5392 on: May 20, 2020, 03:29:13 PM »
There's no evidence beyond the word of a notorious liar and a compromised doctor that Trump is actually taking hydroxychloroquine.
So, do you think it is responsible of the media to report on something for which they have no evidence?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: May 20, 2020, 04:06:34 PM »
No, I don't. That's my whole point. The media shouldn't be reporting a notorious liar's claim that he probably made up on the spot as fact, and they absolutely shouldn't be abandoning a real story concerning a real scandal to do so.

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: May 20, 2020, 04:08:09 PM »
No, I don't. That's my whole point. The media shouldn't be reporting a notorious liar's claim that he probably made up on the spot as fact, and they absolutely shouldn't be abandoning a real story concerning a real scandal to do so.

That's a classic Trump move.... distract and deflect. He has the media right where he wants them.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

totallackey

« Reply #5395 on: May 20, 2020, 04:17:40 PM »
Who is abandoning a real story?

What real story?

Rama Set

« Reply #5396 on: May 20, 2020, 04:52:46 PM »
It is sad that the parade of IGs being ousted isn't bigger news.  It would be nice if someone dug in to the actual merits of the firing vs the political gain to see if it can be somewhat objectively shown to be Trump just covering his ass.

What real story?

Try reading the thread and you will discover that Honk wrote a couple of paragraphs that answer your questions.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: May 20, 2020, 07:00:21 PM »
I've read up on this more it is a little more interesting than garden variety corruption.  It sort of looks like Pompeo intentionally did two corrupt acts at the same time.

1.  Having staff do errands for him.
2.  A complex scheme to subvert laws we have to not sell arms to mass murderers.

Some have speculated that Trump is really focusing on 1 in order to provide cover for 2.

totallackey

« Reply #5398 on: May 21, 2020, 09:54:36 AM »
It is sad that the parade of IGs being ousted isn't bigger news.  It would be nice if someone dug in to the actual merits of the firing vs the political gain to see if it can be somewhat objectively shown to be Trump just covering his ass.

What real story?

Try reading the thread and you will discover that Honk wrote a couple of paragraphs that answer your questions.
honk is now serving as the lead provider for breaking news?

How is he reporting on an abandoned story?

I don't get it...

If the story is abandoned, then how does he know to begin with?

His post actually linked to a NY Times story on what he claims is the "real story."

If the Times printed it how, does that = "abandoning?"

So, honk believes the media and Trump are in on it together...

The honk believes that is the conspiracy...the media are doing Trump's bidding...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 01:08:24 PM by totallackey »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: May 21, 2020, 01:05:43 PM »
How is Lackey this dumb to think 'Abandoned' means 'never reported'?