Re: Are flat-heads willing to admit that they are wrong?
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2018, 04:19:54 AM »
..and why isn't the FE side "winning" a single thread in the Debate forum?

Scrolling through pages after pages of the forum, I see the remains of many great threads that utterly destroy the FE myth. In most of them all the FE questions, misunderstandings, and objections have been addressed. I get that there are only a few flat-heads left here to reply to forum posts, and we're all very grateful for your efforts, but you'd at least hope to see some threads where the RE side is losing...

Why would we admit we're wrong? And we're not destroyed in debates here. Round earthers take cheap shots and gang up on us that it becomes too tedious and time-consuming to continue the debates.
Hi y'all. I am a typical GENIUS girl who does NOT follow the masses and who does NOT blindly accept what is told to me without EVIDENCE. That being said, I don't believe in a lot of "facts" (the quotations mean they're NOT actual facts) including evolution, the holocaust, and the globular earth HYPOTHESIS.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2018, 07:57:11 AM »
Round earthers take cheap shots and gang up on us that it becomes too tedious and time-consuming to continue the debates.

Ah, there it is AGAIN. The "I don't have the time for this", or "I'm bored with this conversation" get-out clause.

=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tontogary

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2018, 08:44:19 AM »

Scrolling through pages after pages of the forum, I see the remains of many great threads that utterly destroy the FE myth. In most of them all the FE questions, misunderstandings, and objections have been addressed. I get that there are only a few flat-heads left here to reply to forum posts, and we're all very grateful for your efforts, but you'd at least hope to see some threads where the RE side is losing...

Why would we admit we're wrong? And we're not destroyed in debates here. Round earthers take cheap shots and gang up on us that it becomes too tedious and time-consuming to continue the debates.

I am pretty sure you are wrong. About the flat earth, as has been proved many times your arguments do not hold up, thats when the FEers usually walk away, and dont play anymore.

I have asked many questions, shown that many of the chapters in EnaG do not stand up to scrutiny, and have very basic errors of principle in them, and really dont prove anything, and i either get ridiculous silly side tracking points, or a wall of silence, or “EnaG was proved to be correct!” With no proof or reason for saying so.

I am pretty sure you are wrong in denying the holocaust. Have you ever been to The site of a Nazi concentration camp? Off topic i know, but if you complain about people taking cheap shots i would suggest changing your signature. That’s inviting all sorts of adverse comments!

Also, if you haven't heard of bronies before, that reflects poorly on your understanding of the world that surrounds you. It's practically impossible not to know about them.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2018, 08:53:35 AM »
Since we're talking about signatures;

"I am a typical GENIUS girl who does NOT follow the masses and who does NOT blindly accept what is told to me without EVIDENCE"

I'll bet, in your daily life, you take hundreds of things at face value, with no expectation of evidence, and don't give them a second thought. 

You're just cherry-picking the flat-earth vs. globe-earth argument out of all this for the sake of the argument. 

Nearly?

JohnAdams1145

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2018, 09:50:01 AM »

Ah, yes, Pickel B Gravel again. That signature admittedly triggered me the first time I read it, but now I'm used to it. Let's see... You have a rather short memory, right? I dug up a rather engaging thread I had with you https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=8013.60

You got destroyed. Remember? It was you who didn't understand the conservation of energy. It was you who couldn't do the basic calculations for black body radiation from the Sun. It was you who made up some electrolysis junk while we tried to explain to you that the energy just wasn't there (aka not addressing/understanding the argument). We then reduced you to asserting that the water came from somewhere and you didn't really understand where the energy came from (and that there's a water stream in space that we cannot see). Not to mention the many different posts douglips and I had to make explaining that combustion reactions cannot make the Sun as hot as 5700 K.

You also asserted that the Sun is in the atmosphere (wtf?). You don't think a 30-mile wide ball of flaming gas at 5700 K would cause extreme winds? Well, pardon me.

And then I caught you in a lie about a 1595 on the SAT, which I know isn't true.

TL;DR: You got destroyed.

And let's not start on the Holocaust denial...
I am pretty sure you are wrong. About the flat earth, as has been proved many times your arguments do not hold up, thats when the FEers usually walk away, and dont play anymore.
Well said.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:55:09 AM by JohnAdams1145 »

Macarios

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2018, 08:12:12 PM »

I'm sorry if some other globers are trying to "win" something.
(Surely, some other flattists are trying the same thing.)

But neither of us are al the same.
I'm here about facts, not about some "victory".

For start, I have one simple question for you:

Meter is defined by French.
They measured distance through meridian near Paris (from Dunkirk to Barcelona) and defined meter as 10 milionth part of distance from pole to Equator.
The measuring was timely and expensive enterprise.
It shows us that North pole is 10 000 kilometers from Equator.

Equator is the line where Sun circulates for Equinox.
It is circle and even Rowbotham confirms that.
That fact is confirmed by observing midnight sun at North pole from March 21 to September 21, and by other factors.

Circumference of Equator is 40 074.5 kilometers.
Radius is 10 000 kilometers.

Why circumference of Equator is not 62 832 kilometers?

Offline Westprog

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2018, 10:15:43 PM »
Since we're talking about signatures;

"I am a typical GENIUS girl who does NOT follow the masses and who does NOT blindly accept what is told to me without EVIDENCE"

I'll bet, in your daily life, you take hundreds of things at face value, with no expectation of evidence, and don't give them a second thought. 

You're just cherry-picking the flat-earth vs. globe-earth argument out of all this for the sake of the argument.

That and evolution and the Holocaust. Don't tell me - let me guess. Willing to look beyond what the corrupt media tells her about 9/11 and vaccines as well?

Oh, and crisis actors in mass shootings as well. Anyone smart enough to see through the Holocaust should know that all those dead kids were just fictional.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 06:06:41 PM by Westprog »

Offline Spycrab

• Wait what's going on I fell asleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2018, 01:37:31 PM »
Since we're on the topic...
I do not wish to insult, but this signature is unfortunate.
Not believing in evolution: wrong but reasonable. It's hard to observe and there's much confusion between the colloquial and scientific meanings of "theory".
Not believing in the globe: wrong but reasonable. It's a flat earth forum after all.
Not believing in the holocaust: wrong and unreasonable. The event was heavily documented and detailed, it was an immense tradgedy, and we need to establish "yes this did happen" so we do not forget the horrors of genocide. Not only that, but to deny it's occurrence it to deny the suffering and death of 6 million people who were starved, oveworked, opressed, burned, and gassed to death for not being Aryan. This is not a matter of 'proof' and 'alternative facts'. It's history.
https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005143
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust
https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/the-holocaust
https://www.britannica.com/event/Holocaust
http://www.yadvashem.org/holocaust/about.html
http://endgenocide.org/learn/past-genocides/the-holocaust/
Get some reading done.
The espionage crustacean strikes again.
Spycrab, you're the best memeber on the fora. Thank you for being born.

Offline Westprog

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2018, 05:38:42 PM »
Since we're on the topic...
I do not wish to insult, but this signature is unfortunate.
Not believing in evolution: wrong but reasonable. It's hard to observe and there's much confusion between the colloquial and scientific meanings of "theory".
Not believing in the globe: wrong but reasonable. It's a flat earth forum after all.
Not believing in the holocaust: wrong and unreasonable. The event was heavily documented and detailed, it was an immense tradgedy, and we need to establish "yes this did happen" so we do not forget the horrors of genocide. Not only that, but to deny it's occurrence it to deny the suffering and death of 6 million people who were starved, oveworked, opressed, burned, and gassed to death for not being Aryan. This is not a matter of 'proof' and 'alternative facts'. It's history.
https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005143
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust
https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/the-holocaust
https://www.britannica.com/event/Holocaust
http://www.yadvashem.org/holocaust/about.html
http://endgenocide.org/learn/past-genocides/the-holocaust/
Get some reading done.

It's worth noting because, while the belief in a flat Earth is relatively harmless, the mode of thinking that it involves is anything but. I'm far from surprised that there's an association with Holocaust denial among flat Earth proponents - not because I think they are necessarily malignant racists, but because they are willing to ignore evidence in order to feel that they've seen past a massive conspiracy.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2018, 06:25:38 PM »
What's interesting is Pickel does this thing where she says "there is no evidence for..."
And this is one of those things.
I've seen her say there's "no evidence" for the holocaust.
Recently she said there's "no evidence" for satellites.

Really, Pickel? No evidence at all? And it is noteworthy because it shows the mindset.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline ShowmetheProof

• We are fellow scientists, and should act as such.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2018, 12:43:46 PM »

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=9466.0
As I assume happened here?  Although, one tiny problem...... it was one-on-one debating!  It was one FE'er, one RE'er, just going at it.  We asked a question. 
You've had since the 21st of April.  You still haven't answered.  There were no cheap shots.  No ganging up on one another.  Just a typical finish to a debate here.  To better explain, I will present a model of that debate.

RE #1:  Proof.
FE #1:  Sly trick, but works.
RE #1:  Rebuttal.
FE #1:  Another trick.
RE#1:  RE #1 Wants proving model.
RE #1: RE #1 Asking again.
FE'ers never post again.  So far.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2018, 01:21:43 PM »

As I assume happened here?  Although, one tiny problem...... it was one-on-one debating!  It was one FE'er, one RE'er, just going at it.  We asked a question. 
You've had since the 21st of April.  You still haven't answered.  There were no cheap shots.  No ganging up on one another.  Just a typical finish to a debate here.  To better explain, I will present a model of that debate.

There are 1000 of you to 1 of us. Pointing out a thread where we do not maintain the conversation will be trivial, and means nothing.

In that thread I referred to previous discussions on the matter. If there is a question beyond that, and I did not see a coherent one I could respond to in that thread, it will go in queue.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 01:23:14 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2018, 01:33:03 PM »
There are 1000 of you to 1 of us.

I urge you to ponder why.

Nearly?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2018, 01:39:31 PM »

I urge you to ponder why.
:D

But also it's a ridiculous exaggeration. There are a lot more round earthers on here that flat earth - as you say, funny that!
But this is not a busy board, it takes 10-15 minutes tops to look through the threads which have had new posts each day, maybe a little longer if you're going to reply.
Tom, you need to stop these silly excuses
"There are too many of you!" - yes, you're outnumbered but the board isn't busy enough for that to be a valid excuse
"We don't have any funding" - nor do I, but I've done some simple experiments to show you wrong about things. If you're only interested in experiments the results of which you can personally verify then fine, go do your own experiments and let us see the results so we can review them.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline ShowmetheProof

• We are fellow scientists, and should act as such.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2018, 01:44:11 PM »

I urge you to read these lines.  As you can see, this was one-on-one.  "It was 1000 to 1!" doesn't work.

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2018, 02:09:38 PM »
In that thread I referred to previous discussions on the matter. If there is a question beyond that, and I did not see a coherent one I could respond to in that thread, it will go in queue.
I asked for a working model, then and there. Is that too much to ask?

You're seeing one tree and missing the forest. The point was that as soon as Round Earth seems to corner you, Flat Earthers scurry away and are never seen again.
Recommended reading: We Have No Idea by Jorge Cham and Daniel Whiteson

Turtle Town, a game made by my brothers and their friends, is now in private beta for the demo! Feedback so far has been mostly positive. Contact me if you would like to play.

kasai

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2018, 05:57:37 PM »
Round earthers take cheap shots and gang up on us that it becomes too tedious and time-consuming to continue the debates.

Ah, there it is AGAIN. The "I don't have the time for this", or "I'm bored with this conversation" get-out clause.
Yes we don't have time for this because you round heads are so ignorant and kill our brain cells.

kasai

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2018, 06:03:02 PM »

Why would we admit we're wrong? And we're not destroyed in debates here. Round earthers take cheap shots and gang up on us that it becomes too tedious and time-consuming to continue the debates. He didn't really understand.... wow! So this means your automatically right?

Ah, yes, Pickel B Gravel again. That signature admittedly triggered me the first time I read it, but now I'm used to it. Let's see... You have a rather short memory, right? I dug up a rather engaging thread I had with you https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=8013.60

You got destroyed. Remember? It was you who didn't understand the conservation of energy. It was you who couldn't do the basic calculations for black body radiation from the Sun. It was you who made up some electrolysis junk while we tried to explain to you that the energy just wasn't there (aka not addressing/understanding the argument). We then reduced you to asserting that the water came from somewhere and you didn't really understand where the energy came from (and that there's a water stream in space that we cannot see). Not to mention the many different posts douglips and I had to make explaining that combustion reactions cannot make the Sun as hot as 5700 K.

You also asserted that the Sun is in the atmosphere (wtf?). You don't think a 30-mile wide ball of flaming gas at 5700 K would cause extreme winds? Well, pardon me.

And then I caught you in a lie about a 1595 on the SAT, which I know isn't true.

TL;DR: You got destroyed.

And let's not start on the Holocaust denial...
Well said.
He got "destroyed" because he didn't do the calculations? Well whoop-dee-doo he didn't do the calculations... apparently he got destroyed because he didn't know how or was simply uninterested in your thread. Yeah sure he got destroyed.... Let's just go with that.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 06:05:28 PM by kasai »

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2018, 06:23:51 PM »
He got "destroyed" because he didn't do the calculations?
Well, if you refuse to do your own calculations, and are presented with someone else's calculations, then you must either accept them, find significant fault in them, or concede that you don't understand the equations used.
Well whoop-dee-doo he didn't do the calculations... apparently he got destroyed because he didn't know how or was simply uninterested in your thread. Yeah sure he got destroyed.... Let's just go with that.
Well, as John stated, it was also the fact that they misunderstood conservation of energy, made up some crap that AP Chemistry students can tell is wrong, and lied about SAT scores.
Recommended reading: We Have No Idea by Jorge Cham and Daniel Whiteson

Turtle Town, a game made by my brothers and their friends, is now in private beta for the demo! Feedback so far has been mostly positive. Contact me if you would like to play.

Offline Westprog

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2018, 07:39:20 AM »

I urge you to read these lines.  As you can see, this was one-on-one.  "It was 1000 to 1!" doesn't work.

In fact, the number of people willing to debate against flat Earth nonsense is very small. It's not a very productive use of one's time. The problem that flat Earth advocates have is that they are dealing with intractable facts, not that access to the facts is impossible.