Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
Re: Official Sports Thread
« Reply #720 on: March 17, 2016, 07:12:42 PM »
Also happy with the moves the Patriots have made this offseason. Sure Super Bowl champs ;)
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 04, 2016, 12:46:17 AM »
Tipping a drink to Opening Day.

To a good season.

Rama Set

« Reply #722 on: April 04, 2016, 11:42:28 AM »
Tipping a drink to Opening Day.

To a good season.

Slaintë!

« Reply #723 on: April 04, 2016, 04:19:42 PM »
bow down before your baseball overlords, and pay tribute to the most holy royals of kansas city.  we're probably going to win all 162 this season.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 04, 2016, 06:08:49 PM »
Go Red Sox

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 04, 2016, 10:40:25 PM »
GO 'NOVA! WHOOOOO!
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #726 on: April 05, 2016, 04:22:35 AM »
GO 'NOVA! WHOOOOO!
You must have peed yourself

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 05, 2016, 04:29:14 AM »
Red Sox were supposed to play today but their game was delayed for no reason. Opening day tomorrow!

Offline BlueMoon

• NASA Defender
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 05, 2016, 10:39:56 AM »
bow down before your baseball overlords, and pay tribute to the most holy royals of kansas city.  we're probably going to win all 162 this season.

Aw yeah.  I have a huge KC Royals flag hanging up in my suite, and I'm looking forward to wearing my Royals shirts all season long. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 05, 2016, 04:28:33 AM »
Man City blew it in the Champions League semi finals :(

As long as they hold serve, they'll be back next year. Still a good season, but very underwhelming for such a high payroll.

In other news, my Mariners are currently in first place in the AL West :D

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 05, 2016, 05:16:14 AM »
Celtics Blew it and Patriots are favored to win the Superbowl and Buchholz finally has a decent game

In case anyone was wondering about Boston
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:21:18 AM by Sean »

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 05, 2016, 05:23:11 AM »
Oh Yeah and I kinda hope brady is suspended because I wanna see what Jimmy G got and even if they lose the first four games they are in the playoffs lol

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 05, 2016, 05:33:46 AM »
Sam Bradford is a whiny bitch.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #733 on: May 05, 2016, 06:52:17 PM »
I mean given the fact that the Eagles are a shitty dysfunctional mess, can you blame him for wanting to leave?
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 05, 2016, 08:29:32 PM »
I mean given the fact that the Eagles are a shitty dysfunctional mess, can you blame him for wanting to leave?

If I'm being paid a guaranteed 13 mil a year for being mediocre I deal with it and do my fucking job. Your point makes no sense anyway because his biggest problem is that he knows he won't be an Eagle for much longer.

« Reply #735 on: May 06, 2016, 02:57:43 AM »

If I'm being paid a guaranteed 13 mil a year for being mediocre I deal with it and do my fucking job. Your point makes no sense anyway because his biggest problem is that he knows he won't be an Eagle for much longer.
Due to the old rookie wage scale, Sam has already made plenty of money. Sam probably wants to succeed and prove he's a top tier NFL QB, and considering he's now on his second clusterfuck of a franchise he's probably sick of the bullshit. If they aren't wiling to make him their guy, he wants to go to a team that will. He was likely told he would be the guy, but when a franchise trades that many resources for your replacement, clearly they don't have faith in him.

Let's be honest, the Eagles weren't a QB away from greatness. Trading that many draft resources for a QB when you're fine at the position is asinine. I'd want off that sinking ship too.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 06, 2016, 03:58:49 AM »
Anyone else excited to see Italian Brady in action?

edit:
Except that might not happen until next year but he'll be traded by then :(
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 04:01:35 AM by Sean »

Rama Set

« Reply #737 on: May 06, 2016, 05:46:15 AM »

Due to the old rookie wage scale, Sam has already made plenty of money. Sam probably wants to succeed and prove he's a top tier NFL QB, and considering he's now on his second clusterfuck of a franchise he's probably sick of the bullshit. If they aren't wiling to make him their guy, he wants to go to a team that will.

No team is going to make Sam Bradford their guy.  He has been mediocre and injury prone his entire career.

He was likely told he would be the guy, but when a franchise trades that many resources for your replacement, clearly they don't have faith in him.

He was given a 2-year contract.  Hardly a "their guy" kind of deal.  I think he was given a chance to prove himself, with decent guaranteed money out of respect for the couple of flashes of high level play he has displayed. 

Let's be honest, the Eagles weren't a QB away from greatness. Trading that many draft resources for a QB when you're fine at the position is asinine. I'd want off that sinking ship too.

This.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 15, 2016, 04:31:09 PM »
A fairly boring final day of Premier League. Other than the evacuation at Old Trafford because of the pipe bomb.

Man City is in the Champions League again, assuming Man U doesn't win by 19 goals whenever that game happens.

Great season. Props to Leicester.

Rama Set

« Reply #739 on: May 15, 2016, 10:49:32 PM »
The Raptors advance to the Eastern final for the first time in franchise history. I am not optimistic of their chances against Cleveland, but we are playing with house money now. Hopefully something big happens.