Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #10240 on: April 01, 2023, 06:07:10 PM »
This is fairly weak, considering that he is also the only president to be acquitted twice
lol.
Yeah, it’s a real scratcher why the party with the majority didn’t convict their own president.

No more mysterious than a majority of radical democrats in the other chamber voting to impeach.
Fair. But historically it has been rare.
And I think that Trump’s rhetoric which directly led to the events at the Capitol deserves a good impeaching.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: April 02, 2023, 06:22:43 AM »
Tom needs to imagine a democrat doing the same things and see if he would feel the same.

He'll say ge would, but we all know he would be ripping up Biden or Hillary or Obama and rightfully so.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: April 05, 2023, 04:41:17 AM »
Here is the transcript of Trump's arraignment, if anyone's interested.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: April 05, 2023, 11:16:20 AM »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: April 05, 2023, 01:01:09 PM »
https://metro.co.uk/2023/04/05/donald-trump-is-already-selling-not-guilty-mugshot-t-shirts-for-29-18559122

Grifters gotta grift.
I wonder what makes the author of the article believe the website is the official store of Donald Trump?

Since when does selling merchandise to raise money for an enterprise constitute grift?
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10245 on: April 05, 2023, 05:23:41 PM »
It's not a grift.  Do you know how much cigarettes cost in prison?  Having someone smuggle in big macs is going to cost a fortune!

34 counts at 4 years per count.  Plenty of time to play basketball and convert to Islam.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #10246 on: April 05, 2023, 06:08:55 PM »
https://metro.co.uk/2023/04/05/donald-trump-is-already-selling-not-guilty-mugshot-t-shirts-for-29-18559122

Grifters gotta grift.
I wonder what makes the author of the article believe the website is the official store of Donald Trump?

Because when you go to Trump's official "Trump 24" campaign contribution site (www.DonaldJTrump.com) and click on the Click here to visit the Official Trump Store to claim your MAGA gear! at the bottom of the page, it takes you here:

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10247 on: April 05, 2023, 07:04:28 PM »

Grifters gotta grift.

Because when you go to Trump's official "Trump 24" campaign contribution site (www.DonaldJTrump.com) and click on the Click here to visit the Official Trump Store to claim your MAGA gear! at the bottom of the page, it takes you here:

Its always funny to see how little Action knows about the person he's following.
Almost like its a... minimal effort trolling...
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10248 on: April 05, 2023, 09:06:13 PM »

Grifters gotta grift.

It is the official store of a joint fundraising committee.

Trump doesn't own the store.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10249 on: April 05, 2023, 09:16:09 PM »
and click on the Click here to visit the Official Trump Store to claim your MAGA gear! at the bottom of the page, it takes you here:
Perhaps unsurprisingly, if you bother to read it, this webpage states the following:

Paid for by WinRed. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee. WinRed.com

Do you have a reason to suspect that WinRed are lying about this site? Presumably this would be a breach of campaign financing laws, so if you have any evidence, you should not withhold it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 09:18:20 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10250 on: April 05, 2023, 09:55:25 PM »
and click on the Click here to visit the Official Trump Store to claim your MAGA gear! at the bottom of the page, it takes you here:
Perhaps unsurprisingly, if you bother to read it, this webpage states the following:

Paid for by WinRed. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee. WinRed.com

Do you have a reason to suspect that WinRed are lying about this site? Presumably this would be a breach of campaign financing laws, so if you have any evidence, you should not withhold it.

I noticed that too.
I'm honestly confused.  Like... why would he link to a store not affiliated with him or authorized by him?  Its very strange.  There's no financial benefit to allow a third party that isn't allowed to sell your merch, to sell your merch.

So I did some quick checking.
WinRed is the GOP's official For Profit fundraising platform.  So the Republicans use Trump's image and name to sell stuff and the funds get funneled into his campaign if he wins the nomination.  Or maybe his campaign regardless as he is the frontrunner.

« Reply #10251 on: April 05, 2023, 10:22:01 PM »
I would say that the disclaimer "Paid for by WinRed. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee." is referring to the site itself, not the merchandise sold on the site.  I'm not sure that sorts out the confusion completely since the site does say things like "Trump... Official Merchandise" so its hard to see how that part of the site content would not require approval by Trump both to make sure he likes it and to make sure he is getting a cut.  However I do not think it would intersect campaign finance law (even for "Trump 2024" merchandise) as long as Trump's cut was going to him personally and not Trump's campaign fund as I suspect is the case with such things.  But just speculating and if Lord Dave has it correct then profits ARE going to Trump's campaign.  Color me confused.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 10:27:23 PM by ichoosereality »
The contents of the GPS NAV message is the time of transmission and the orbital location of the transmitter at that time. If the transmitters are not where they claim to be GPS would not work.  Since it does work the transmitters must in fact be in orbit, which means the earth is round.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #10252 on: April 06, 2023, 12:58:24 AM »

Perhaps unsurprisingly, if you bother to follow along, the link to the store is on Trump's official campaign site labeled as the 'Official Trump Store' so someone from Trump's campaign has ok'd linking to it and actually calling it that. Does that not make sense to you? And where did I say it breached campaign financing laws? I think you're thinking of someone else. Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension and retention.

I'm guessing that the 'not authorized' language is for a specific purpose as to how and where the money from merch sales gets allocated. The bottom line is that Trump's official and authorized site promotes and links to the site, calling it the 'Official' store, referenced in the article. Why that's not clear to you is the real mystery.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10253 on: April 06, 2023, 11:01:52 AM »
Perhaps unsurprisingly, if you bother to follow along
Please - if you try to imitate my smugness, at least make sure you've done your homework first. It's really a bad look when you assume this tone and then just show that you haven't even tried.

the link to the store is on Trump's official campaign site labeled as the 'Official Trump Store' so someone from Trump's campaign has ok'd linking to it and actually calling it that.
What you call "Trump's official campaign site" is run by WinRed in conjunction with Trump Save America JFC. Neither of these companies are owned, run, or directed by Donald Trump. Now, 10% of the donations do go to Save America, which was founded by Trump, so there is an indirect association between the website and him. Note that this does not imply he authorised any of the content of the site (and the site expressly tells you he didn't). You then clicked on a link which again clearly discloses its lack of direct affiliation.

Does that not make sense to you?
No, the situation makes perfect sense to me - it just doesn't make you correct. You happen to be a simpleton who read the word "official" on a website, didn't think to look at the small print, and because you personally dislike Trump, you jumped to conclusions. Your hasty conclusions were then highlighted, but since you also personally dislike me, you went straight for attempted mockery instead of reflecting on yourself.

I don't blame you for being stupid. I do blame you for not trying to work against your nature when you have the opportunity to do so.

And where did I say it breached campaign financing laws?
Please consider reading what I said instead of just imagining it. I was the one that highlighted this conclusion, not you. I said that if you are correct, then they're likely breaking financing laws. Therefore, if you have evidence that your information is more accurate than that provided on the website, you should disclose it. Here is the exact quote for your convenience:

I think you're thinking of someone else. Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension and retention.
Again, that tone doesn't work when immediately preceded with you demonstrating that you can't process two sentences in plain English. I know this may be difficult for you to comprehend, but confidence does not replace correctness.

I'm guessing that the 'not authorized' language is for a specific purpose as to how and where the money from merch sales gets allocated.
Stack, what makes you think that your "guesses" are more important than the actual legal disclaimers? How have you become so self-important, despite lacking even the most basic knowledge in the subject area you're discussing?

"Oh, well, the website says it's not authorised by the candidate, but I'm GuEsSiNg that what they actually mean is something else." Get a grip, you actual toddler.

The bottom line is that Trump's official and authorized site promotes and links to the site, calling it the 'Official' store, referenced in the article.
No, the bottom line is that you think those things. Your thoughts contradict the disclaimers on the website itself. So, either WinRed are lying (in which case you need to present evidence), or you fucked up (in which case the standard protocol is to apologise and retract).

Your task here was so incredibly simple. I pointed out to you that you forgot to read the webpages you're referencing. All you needed to do is read them before responding. Why did that necessitate this childish outburst from you?

Why that's not clear to you is the real mystery.
Because I value correctness and accuracy. You made a bunch of assertions without evidence and are demanding that others accept it on your confidence and credulity alone. It is vitally important that such quackery is opposed at every step.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 11:26:01 AM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: April 06, 2023, 11:32:13 AM »
You happen to be a simpleton who read the word "official" on a website, didn't think to look at the small print, and because you personally dislike Trump, you jumped to conclusions.
I pretty much did this too.
On further investigation though it doesn't sound like he is particularly closely linked to this merch, if at all.
Sounds like it's come from his campaign rather than him directly. So I'd concede the Metro headline is misleading.
Should have known better with that rag, really.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #10255 on: April 06, 2023, 11:32:58 AM »
Because I value correctness and accuracy.

You may value correctness and accuracy, but that doesn't automatically mean you are correct & accurate. And in this instance, you are neither. 

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10256 on: April 06, 2023, 12:08:58 PM »
(A long post I don't need to quote)

Wait... If I'm understanding you correctly, Trump is nothing more than a pawn to the Republican Party.  They sell him out like any other celebrity and reap the rewards, giving him some small amount.
He doesn't even own his own name or likeness.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10257 on: April 06, 2023, 12:22:05 PM »
You may value correctness and accuracy, but that doesn't automatically mean you are correct & accurate. And in this instance, you are neither.
Once again - you confidently stating this does not replace the requirement for evidence. I showed you why you're wrong and substantiated my argument. You replied with a loud cry of "NUH UH". If you have no response, please consider not responding.

Wait... If I'm understanding you correctly, Trump is nothing more than a pawn to the Republican Party.  They sell him out like any other celebrity and reap the rewards, giving him some small amount.
He doesn't even own his own name or likeness.
That's honestly not very far off. Then again, remember Trump NFTs?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 12:26:52 PM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: April 06, 2023, 02:13:19 PM »
Once again - you confidently stating this does not replace the requirement for evidence. I showed you why you're wrong and substantiated my argument. You replied with a loud cry of "NUH UH". If you have no response, please consider not responding.

It's difficult to determine exactly how to respond when you go off-piste with the insults. You'd think this was AR.

- You happen to be a simpleton
- I don't blame you for being stupid
- Get a grip, you actual toddler

I have a response that meets your "requirement for evidence", but it will most likely be met with more insults and how your GuEsSiNg that "Presumably this would be a breach of campaign financing laws" (I didn't know you were an expert on such matters) is somehow superior to my GuEsSiNg regarding the distancing language on the shopping site.

So it's kind of pointless to fully engage with you.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10259 on: April 06, 2023, 03:00:01 PM »
Ok Stack, sorry but Pete is right.  The Trump campaign is run by the GOP, not Trump.  At least online. 
They have full control.  They're like a movie studio who runs the official <insert actor here> fan site.