Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
Re: The Dark Side of the Moon
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2019, 02:39:10 AM »
Maybe we should use some common sense. To place a man or mechanical craft on the back side of something never seen would take a lot of expertise. Is there a van allen belt? Is there a dome? Has china and the usa faked space walks or travel? Yes, bubble boys, an actual lunar reel discover faking a pic of the earth from the capsule. How many people have died in these space missions? Lets not count the launch pad or couple mile up booms. NONE... How can no one ever die in these en devours? Just monkeys rats and a dog.

Please don't ask me to believe the earth is a globe until these BS scientist can explain how a 1,650 ton stone block is carved with precision and expected to be moved 100's of miles let alone any of the for mentioned items.
Not sure where you got 1,650 tons from because that would be insane, more like 2 to 3 tons and I would imagine with enough slave labour dragging the bricks along using logs and possibly water to ease dragging the bricks along. More importantly, as this is beside the point, if you understand the maths, engineering and physics behind lunar landings it's not that hard to comprehend the possibility. If you don't understand these things you cannot simply say "it's bs". What's bs is claiming something is bs because you lack the understanding.

Also not many astronauts have died because there has not been many astronauts in the first place. There's possibly enough astronauts in all of history to fit on one commercial air flight which really isn't much. Perhaps if manned missions were more frequent there may be more casualties. the number of unmanned mission failures on the other hand is, well, existent at least.
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2019, 02:47:50 AM »
Maybe we should use some common sense. To place a man or mechanical craft on the back side of something never seen would take a lot of expertise. Is there a van allen belt? Is there a dome? Has china and the usa faked space walks or travel? Yes, bubble boys, an actual lunar reel discover faking a pic of the earth from the capsule. How many people have died in these space missions? Lets not count the launch pad or couple mile up booms. NONE... How can no one ever die in these en devours? Just monkeys rats and a dog.

Please don't ask me to believe the earth is a globe until these BS scientist can explain how a 1,650 ton stone block is carved with precision and expected to be moved 100's of miles let alone any of the for mentioned items.
Not sure where you got 1,650 tons from because that would be insane, more like 2 to 3 tons and I would imagine with enough slave labour dragging the bricks along using logs and possibly water to ease dragging the bricks along. More importantly, as this is beside the point, if you understand the maths, engineering and physics behind lunar landings it's not that hard to comprehend the possibility. If you don't understand these things you cannot simply say "it's bs". What's bs is claiming something is bs because you lack the understanding.

Also not many astronauts have died because there has not been many astronauts in the first place. There's possibly enough astronauts in all of history to fit on one commercial air flight which really isn't much. Perhaps if manned missions were more frequent there may be more casualties. the number of unmanned mission failures on the other hand is, well, existent at least.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/archaeologists-discover-the-worlds-largest-ancient-ston-1664281050

A few months ago, a team from the German Archaeological Institute conducted excavations at the quarry, and to their amazement they found an ever bigger stone just off to the side and underneath it. It measures 19.6 meters (64 feet) in length, 6 meters (19.6 feet) wide, and is at least 5.5 meters (18 feet) high. Its weight is estimated at a daunting 1,650 tons (that's 3,300,000 pounds, or 1,496,850 kg). Future excavations will confirm its precise dimensions.

Now please ask yourself this question: Have you ever had to reboot your computer, phone, or other devise run on any operating system. 99.99999999% will answer yes. People die when computers freeze on space missions......actually there is a simple answer, the rockets tip over so as not to hit the firmament and explode. The nukes taught us that.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2019, 03:30:52 AM »

https://io9.gizmodo.com/archaeologists-discover-the-worlds-largest-ancient-ston-1664281050

A few months ago, a team from the German Archaeological Institute conducted excavations at the quarry, and to their amazement they found an ever bigger stone just off to the side and underneath it. It measures 19.6 meters (64 feet) in length, 6 meters (19.6 feet) wide, and is at least 5.5 meters (18 feet) high. Its weight is estimated at a daunting 1,650 tons (that's 3,300,000 pounds, or 1,496,850 kg). Future excavations will confirm its precise dimensions.

Now please ask yourself this question: Have you ever had to reboot your computer, phone, or other devise run on any operating system. 99.99999999% will answer yes. People die when computers freeze on space missions......actually there is a simple answer, the rockets tip over so as not to hit the firmament and explode. The nukes taught us that.
I stand corrected, that's a pretty huge rock. But the article also says it was left in the quarry after getting cut into a brick.

Yes windows gets stalled sometimes, there's a lot more going on with your standard commercial operating system though and generic hardware, as opposed to machines made got vet specific functions of space travel. Less can go wrong if you're only executing a code that does less than a typical home desktop built with function in mind. It's not often software malfunctions in normal air travel. I understand where you're coming from though.
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2019, 04:36:41 AM »
....actually there is a simple answer, the rockets tip over so as not to hit the firmament and explode. The nukes taught us that.

Interesting statement. What's your evidence for this?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2019, 09:23:21 AM »
This forum isn't about questioning any of those topics. Pete is asking you for items that can be verified in regards to the subject of the website. It is apparent that you are at a lack of answers and are just asking people to blindly believe.
Which brings us back to this article:

http://theconversation.com/how-to-reason-with-flat-earthers-it-may-not-help-though-95160

With regards to the flat earth you operate in the sceptical context
How do we know the earth is a globe? Lots of reasons, but one big one of course is we have plenty of film and photos from space.
So you claim that's all fake.
OK, but there are now hundreds of people who have been to space.
So you claim they are all liars, they are all paid by NASA and are thus "in on it".
OK, but 7 of those are private citizens who paid for the privilege.
They're liars too, they're just doing it for publicity.

And then you claim that the globe earth hasn't been proven. Well, not by those standards it hasn't but by those standards you can't prove anything. I'm not going to type out the whole kangaroo nonsense again but if I keep on declaring your evidence of kangaroos existing as fake and the people who have seen them as liars then I can claim you haven't proven they exist. It would be a ridiculous claim but it's logically equivalent to what you do with the globe earth.

And the point is no-one operates this way in real life. If they did they wouldn't get out of bed in the morning until they'd personally tested the strength of the floorboards to confirm they will hold your weight. Sure, the people who built your house say they will but have you personally verified it for yourself? No-one lives this way, you only do very selectively when it comes to the shape of the earth.
The only reason you do that is it's the only way to cling to your belief. It's logically inconsistent with the way you live the rest of your life.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2019, 09:34:24 AM »
How many people died trying to go 300 mph in a quarter mile? Then how many trying to go 320 mph. It is relevant. No one dies because its all fakery.

18 people have died

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_spaceflight-related_accidents_and_incidents#During_spaceflight

I don't know why above you are arbitrarily deciding not to count certain incidents.
As for why there haven't been more fatalities, there have been a lot of failures over the years but before putting people in rockets they did a lot of unmanned tests.
An argument from incredulity is not an argument at all.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2019, 09:38:12 AM »
This forum isn't about questioning any of those topics. Pete is asking you for items that can be verified in regards to the subject of the website. It is apparent that you are at a lack of answers and are just asking people to blindly believe.

Are you telling me that I'm not allowed to draw an analogy between the things Pete rejects and other matters in everyday life, in order to make a point? Really?

Pete did not ask for items to be verified, he stated that he only accepts things which he can verify, and I don't see how a person could function, day-to-day, in that manner.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2019, 09:44:24 AM »
How many people died trying to go 300 mph in a quarter mile? Then how many trying to go 320 mph. It is relevant.

Not a valid comparison.

One is a land vehicle, with many moving parts, in constant contact with the ground

The other leaves the ground, and once it clears the atmosphere, has no contact with anything until landing.

Wear and tear, vibration, etc all affect the land cars, but not the spacecraft

===========================================
the rockets tip over so as not to hit the firmament and explode.

... yet nobody sees nor hears them all explode, no wreckage ever washes up on any beach, anywhere.

Honestly, there's a rocket launch almost every few days, somewhere in the world. If they had all exploded shortly after launch, the marine life of the Earth would be choking on rocket debris, not plastic. We'd see metal on the beaches instead of driftwood and household waste.

====================================
Maybe we should use some common sense. To place a man or mechanical craft on the back side of something never seen would take a lot of expertise.

*** It's not "never seen" - manned and unmanned missions have been seeing it since the 1960s. ***

Yes, bubble boys, an actual lunar reel discover faking a pic of the earth from the capsule.

If you're referring to the Sibrel footage, that's been debunked. Not fake
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 09:50:47 AM by Tumeni »
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline WellRoundedIndividual

• Proverbs 13:20 is extremely relevant today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2019, 11:16:00 AM »
And 99.9999% of the time a phone or PC has to be restarted because the user did something to cause it to crash. Your point is irrelevant.
BobLawBlah.