Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
Re: Reasons for believing the Earth is round
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2015, 08:53:55 PM »
Hi Herewegoround, ever seen the reports of the Japanese soldiers found decades after the war ended that couldn't be convinced they had lost? Their belief systems are so twisted by their need to believe that everything that contradicts it, is propaganda or lies and the people that are saying it are fools or agents of the enemy.
Your attempts to educate are ultimately futile, if you kidnapped them and put them on the space station it would be smoke, mirrors and hallucinogens, find another cause.

Agent and enemy of truth Jura.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2015, 08:59:51 PM »
Hi Herewegoround, ever seen the reports of the Japanese soldiers found decades after the war ended that couldn't be convinced they had lost? Their belief systems are so twisted by their need to believe that everything that contradicts it, is propaganda or lies and the people that are saying it are fools or agents of the enemy.
Your attempts to educate are ultimately futile, if you kidnapped them and put them on the space station it would be smoke, mirrors and hallucinogens, find another cause.

Agent and enemy of truth Jura.

Hello. I started out on the other forum but that become a total joke. People there said there were serious flat Earth believers here who knew how to argue it's case. That was obviously not true, not that my hopes were high.

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2015, 09:01:39 PM »
I've got a better theory, the flying spaghetti monster blows magic dust in everyone's eyes and this causes them to see the sun as always being the same size.

Well, it has about as much evidence as aetheric whirlpools.

This is a fucking joke.

I just popped in this thread to see what was going on. I'm once again met with the unwashed masses of round earthies proposing even more fascinating responses. With this degree of content generating ability, perhaps our Angry Ranting or Complete Nonsense forums would be more to your liking.

I have presented 8 strong arguments for the Earth being round. We have been discussing one of them but it degenerated into a complete farce just like every other discussion I have ever had with a flat Earth proponent.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2015, 09:09:04 PM »
Which of your 8 falicies do you want to discuss next?

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2015, 09:10:11 PM »
Which of your 8 falicies do you want to discuss next?

You haven't disproved the first one yet.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2015, 09:10:50 PM »
The fist was...?

Ghost of V

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2015, 09:12:06 PM »
1. The angular or apparent size of the sun in the sky does not change significantly. It changes slightly over the course of a year but not by any measurable amount over the course of a day. The only explanation for this is that the diameter of the Earth is negligible compared to the distance to the sun. If the sun is a distant object then all the light from it must be parallel. However, the angle of incoming sunlight is known to change gradually over the surface of the Earth: there are time zones. The only explanation for this is that the Earth is round.

2. There are circumpolar stars in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres. Their centres of rotation are always either due North or due South respectively. The stars in between rise and set on the horizon much like the sun does. There is no flat Earth model which can account for this.

3. In the summer in Antarctica the sun is visible 24 hours a day. At the same time it is dark 24 hours a day in the Arctic. If the sun is following a giant circle above a flat disc it couldn't possibly be visible at all points around the edge of the disc while not being visible at the centre of the disc.

4. The sun sets. If the sun is following a giant circle above a flat disc it could never be seen to drop to an angle of elevation of less than 0 degrees. Also, its apparent size would change significantly over the course of a day and it would be seen to follow a radically different path in the sky.

5. Ships disappear over the horizon at the exact distance from shore as you would predict them to do if you were standing on a sphere with a radius of 4000 miles. Once they disappear the strongest telescope in the world won't bring them back into view. However, if you climb to higher ground the horizon line moves further away and you can see the ship again. The only explanation for these facts is that the world is round.

6. The curvature of the Earth had to be taken into account when building The Verrazano–Narrows Bridge.

7. The distance from the North Pole to the equator is about 6 200 miles. If the Earth is flat that would mean the equator is a circle with a circumference of 39 000 miles. The equator has a circumference of 25 000 miles. 

8. According to the flat Earth model with The North Pole at the centre; the Tropic of Cancer should have a circumference of about 29 000 miles and the Tropic of Capricorn should have a circumference of about 49 000 miles. They both have a circumference of about 23 000 miles. Coupled with the fact that the equator has a circumference of 25 000 miles, this overwhelmingly suggests that the Earth is a spheroid.

1) Aetheric bending of light

2) The stars are caught in two separate aetheric whirlpools above the earth, each rotating differently and separately from each other. This causes the phenomenon known as "circumpolar stars".

3) Many theories have been proposed explaining this, they can be found on our wiki or simply by using the search function.

4) Sun sets have been discussed at length and have been explained several times. Please read the following:
http://wiki.tfes.org/Sunset
http://wiki.tfes.org/Magnification_of_the_Sun_at_Sunset

5) This question just shows me that you have not browsed any of our already existing material like you claim you have. You are a liar, plain and simple. Please familiarize yourself with the basics of perspective.

6) No it didn't.

7) Have you measured these distances yourself? Where are you getting this information? Please be specific.

8) Once again, where are you getting these numbers and measurements? Please be specific, because they are clearly false and/or assumptions based on a globular Earth model.

Before you post next, please peruse our wiki. It explains each of your points in great detail. It is disingenuous of you to come here, claim that you've read the wiki, and then proceed to post nonsense that clearly shows that you have not read the wiki on any of the subjects you've listed. If you have specific questions about the answers provided in the wiki pages, then ask them... but do not act like you understand FET when you clearly don't.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:22:28 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2015, 09:12:17 PM »
Oh, that is right, you claimed that the size of the sun does not change, and you got your ass handed to you. 

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2015, 09:12:32 PM »
The fist was...?

I don't think you know what day of the week it is. You are totally deluded.

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2015, 09:13:50 PM »
Oh, that is right, you claimed that the size of the sun does not change, and you got your ass handed to you.

When did this happen? You are fucking liar, a revoltingly dishonest excuse for a human being.

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2015, 09:15:43 PM »
1. The angular or apparent size of the sun in the sky does not change significantly. It changes slightly over the course of a year but not by any measurable amount over the course of a day. The only explanation for this is that the diameter of the Earth is negligible compared to the distance to the sun. If the sun is a distant object then all the light from it must be parallel. However, the angle of incoming sunlight is known to change gradually over the surface of the Earth: there are time zones. The only explanation for this is that the Earth is round.

2. There are circumpolar stars in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres. Their centres of rotation are always either due North or due South respectively. The stars in between rise and set on the horizon much like the sun does. There is no flat Earth model which can account for this.

3. In the summer in Antarctica the sun is visible 24 hours a day. At the same time it is dark 24 hours a day in the Arctic. If the sun is following a giant circle above a flat disc it couldn't possibly be visible at all points around the edge of the disc while not being visible at the centre of the disc.

4. The sun sets. If the sun is following a giant circle above a flat disc it could never be seen to drop to an angle of elevation of less than 0 degrees. Also, its apparent size would change significantly over the course of a day and it would be seen to follow a radically different path in the sky.

5. Ships disappear over the horizon at the exact distance from shore as you would predict them to do if you were standing on a sphere with a radius of 4000 miles. Once they disappear the strongest telescope in the world won't bring them back into view. However, if you climb to higher ground the horizon line moves further away and you can see the ship again. The only explanation for these facts is that the world is round.

6. The curvature of the Earth had to be taken into account when building The Verrazano–Narrows Bridge.

7. The distance from the North Pole to the equator is about 6 200 miles. If the Earth is flat that would mean the equator is a circle with a circumference of 39 000 miles. The equator has a circumference of 25 000 miles. 

8. According to the flat Earth model with The North Pole at the centre; the Tropic of Cancer should have a circumference of about 29 000 miles and the Tropic of Capricorn should have a circumference of about 49 000 miles. They both have a circumference of about 23 000 miles. Coupled with the fact that the equator has a circumference of 25 000 miles, this overwhelmingly suggests that the Earth is a spheroid.

1) Aetheric bending of light

2) The stars are caught in two separate aetheric whirlpools above the earth, each rotating differently and separately from each other. This causes the phenomenon known as "circumpolar stars".

3) Many theories have been proposed explaining this, they can be found on our wiki or simply by using the search function.

4) Sun sets have been discussed at length and have been explained several times. Please read the following:
http://wiki.tfes.org/Sunset
http://wiki.tfes.org/Magnification_of_the_Sun_at_Sunset

5) This question just shows me that you have not browsed any of other already existing material like you claim you have. You are a liar, plain and simple. Please familiarize yourself with the basics of perspective.

6) No it didn't.

7) Have you measured these distances yourself? Where are you getting this information? Please be specific.

8) Once again, where are you getting these numbers and measurements? Please be specific, because they are clearly false and/or assumptions based on a globular Earth model.

Before you post next, please peruse our wiki. It explains each of your points in great detail. It is disingenuous of you to come here, claim that you've read the wiki, and then proceed to post nonsense that clearly shows that you have not read the wiki on any of the subjects you've listed. If you have specific questions about the answers provided in the wiki pages, then ask them... but do not act like you understand FET when you clear don't.

What a load of unscientific, dishonest, incomprehensible bullshit. You're profoundly dishonest and totally deluded. Your aetheric whirlpools prove nothing. Idiot.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2015, 09:15:54 PM »
The fist was...?

That sounds like something a person would say when they have been beaten. 

Ghost of V

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2015, 09:17:52 PM »
What a load of unscientific, dishonest, incomprehensible bullshit. You're profoundly dishonest and totally deluded. Your aetheric whirlpools prove nothing. Idiot.

This coming from the person who does not understand basic perspective concepts.

Please.  ::)

« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2015, 09:21:22 PM »
Flat Earth tactics:

1. Claim you have answered questions that haven't answered.

2. Propose pseudo-scietnifc nonsensical concepts to twist the evidence that suggests the Earth is round into evidence for the Earth being flat. I call them, "the evidence suggests the Earth is round but there peculiar processes at work" arguments.

3. Say random things that don't make sense.

4. Deny simple universally excepted facts about the world.

5. Claim anyone who disagrees is indoctrinated.

6. Talk in a supercilious arrogant manner and insult anyone who disagrees.

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2015, 09:23:36 PM »

This coming from the person who does not understand basic perspective concepts.

Please.  ::)

What evidence have you got that I don't understand perspective.

An object subtends an angle at the eye. The angle gets smaller as the object moves away, subsequently the image formed on the retina gets smaller.

Now, explain to me what I don't understand about perspective.

You seem to think that the apparent size of an object doesn't change when it move further away.

Ghost of V

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2015, 09:25:14 PM »

The fist was...?

When did this happen? You are fucking liar, a revoltingly dishonest excuse for a human being.

I don't believe in astrology, and I find it hard to imagine that black surfers even exist.

I am starting to wonder why the Doctors who look after are letting you loose on the internet. I can only assume they are hoping it will help you work through your delusions.

Do you want me to go on?

Honestly, I'd just like to discuss FET with you... but if you're going to rely on insults then this isn't going to work. You are being immature.

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2015, 09:30:25 PM »

The fist was...?

I don't believe in astrology, and I find it hard to imagine that black surfers even exist.

I am starting to wonder why the Doctors who look after are letting you loose on the internet. I can only assume they are hoping it will help you work through your delusions.

Do you want me to go on?

Honestly, I'd just like to discuss FET with you... but if you're going to rely on insults then this isn't going to work. You are being immature.

I tried to have serious discussion, you are the one who derailed it with illogical nonsense. How else am I supposed to talk to two people as dishonest as you and jroa?

You haven't properly countered a single argument of mine. Even when I was prepared to let you use the aether you still couldn't argue your case.

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2015, 09:32:53 PM »
I can't be bothered with this. It is clear now that this forum is as jam packed with lying cunts as the other one.

Believe what you want fuck head, I couldn't give a fuck. You're a lying piece of shit.

Anyone with half a brain who is capable of understanding a real argument will see that you proved nothing.

Ghost of V

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2015, 09:36:09 PM »
I can't be bothered with this. It is clear now that this forum is as jam packed with lying cunts as the other one.

Believe what you want fuck head, I couldn't give a fuck. You're a lying piece of shit.

Anyone with half a brain who is capable of understanding a real argument will see that you proved nothing.

I am willingly to have an adult conversation with you about these topics, but if you can't control your emotions and resort to constant outbursts then I'm afraid this is where we part ways. Goodbye.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2015, 09:36:28 PM »

should have listened, now you are going to have a heart attack.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.