Saddam Hussein

Re: Korra season 3
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2014, 02:38:12 PM »
I've been meaning to mention that I looked up some of the lore online, and it turns out there is a reconciliation, sort of, between those stupid turtles giving people their bending and learning it from the moon/moles/air bisons/dragons.  It turns out that the magic turtles thing was meant to predate learning from the animals.  They stopped giving people bending at some point after the flashback we saw, and only then did people turn to nature to learn bending.  I guess that works out, but it still feels very lazy to me.  Deus ex machina, like I said earlier.

Speaking of lame explanations, the accepted reason for Zaheer being such an awesome airbender seems to be that he was just such a huge fanboy of airbending lore and culture that he already had a great "theoretical" understanding of how to do it, and he taught himself the rest.  How disappointing.

« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2014, 10:10:57 PM »
Saddam cares too much about the lore.

Shit's heating up in Season 4. I hope Korra goes full avatar state and wrecks the Earth army. It would be stupid as hell but highly entertaining. I also can't wait until Kovira fights Korra and inevitably defeats her because Korra needs to lose once before beating her in the final episode ::)

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2014, 08:29:50 PM »
Holy fucking shit they actually went full Korrasami in the final episode. I can't believe it.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2014, 08:41:19 PM »
I stopped watching this after the first two episodes.  I suppose I should catch up.

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2014, 08:46:05 PM »
I guess I spoiled a bit there then.

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2015, 11:30:19 PM »
Finished the 4th Season. The final fight wasn't as satisfying as in the original Avatar.
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2015, 02:23:55 AM »
Finished the 4th Season. The final fight wasn't as satisfying as in the original Avatar.

Korrasami makes up for it :)

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2015, 05:42:23 AM »
I had actually already had Korrasami spoiled for me when I read about it on some other website.  The article was about something completely different, but for some reason the author randomly decided to reveal the ending of a TV show that had literally only just concluded, right out of the fucking blue.  Nice going. ::)  Anyway, I'll give my own opinion on that when I get to it.  I'm halfway through the season now, and so far I've got to say that it's pretty lackluster.  There's very little decent action or animation.  The dialogue is beyond abysmal - nobody talks the way these people do.  I still don't like Kuvira; everything she says and does is so transparently evil that I simply can't stretch my suspension of disbelief over the idea that she has any kind of popular support at all, let alone that she's a successful military commander and ruler.  This had better improve, or else I will slap Vindictus through his computer screen.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:11:29 AM by Saddam Hussein »

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2015, 09:37:55 AM »
S4 took a while to ramp up, but I quite liked the highs and lows of Korra's recovery and the eventual big battle towards the end. They tried to push Kuvira as Korra but more angry, and I never felt that, but besides Kuvira things were mostly alright.

And yeah, Korrasami. Who cares about what happens in S4 when they end it like that?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2015, 03:15:37 PM »
It sounds like this show's ending was decided by a "best fanfiction" contest.

« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2015, 06:13:23 AM »
Yes and no. I always chalked Korrsami up as tumblr fanfiction. The final season subtly set up their relationship if you look closely, which I wasn't doing while watching.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2015, 07:37:30 AM »
OMG LESBIANS
The Mastery.

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2015, 09:49:10 PM »
So edgy!
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2015, 12:35:46 AM »
She is a strong independent woman who don't need no man.

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2015, 01:49:50 AM »
low content shitpost