Motives behind The Conspiracy
« on: May 05, 2021, 04:34:38 AM »
Hey all,
After searching through the wiki, I couldn't find much of a substantive explanation behind the motives of The Conspiracy, which was fairly disappointing; the only subject it discusses is the benefit of perceived military dominance in space. To me, this doesn't explain the majority of the conspiracy, as many countries lack space programs, and it has only been in recent years that space travel has become relevant. This logic fails to explain what civilizations from the past 2500 years have stood to gain from hiding the true nature of the Earth's shape. In searching to defend my beliefs, I stumbled upon relatively few conclusive theories that addressed older civilizations, and was wondering if you folks could help me better understand why so many government organizations have hidden such a crucial piece of knowledge from the public. What have so many people from such vastly different times stood to gain?
Thanks in advance, and have a good evening!

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Motives behind The Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 10:48:32 AM »
Your assumption that anyone is "hiding the shape of the Earth", and the further assumption that they therefore "stand to gain something from hiding the shape of the Earth" contradicts the introduction of the Conspiracy rather early on.

Since your question does not relate to the Flat Earth Theory, but rather to some hypothetical conspiracy in which someone "have stood to gain from hiding the true nature of the Earth's shape", this thread is not relevant to the FET board.

Locked.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume