Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Another mass shooting
« on: May 25, 2014, 01:09:42 AM »
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/05/24/315425094/shooting-near-uc-santa-barbara-leaves-3-dead

Yep.  7 dead. 

This is turning into a very normal thing.  I suspect that nothing we do is going to alter this.

I also am beginning to suspect that this is not random.  Something about all this just strikes me as very odd.  Only a few of these shooters have survived (not for a lack of trying) and yet we've heard nothing of them.  What did the psych reports say?  Did they feel guilty after?  Do they act normal?  Did they have a motive?

If I were a man who believed in such things, I'd think that this was some kind of experiment to get a drug or brainwashing method or something to cause a rational, unsuspecting, normal person to go on a killing spree of his peers.  Why you ask?  What else: war.  Just imagine if you could capture anyone and turn them into a suicide gunner?  Capture private johnny and let him walk into that military base and shoot the place up. 

And with the gunshot to the head, no evidence and no witnesses to speak of why they did it.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
Re: Another mass shooting
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 01:19:48 AM »
You wouldn't even have to brainwash people. Give someone enough justification and almost anyone could be capable of being a suicide gunner.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 02:10:24 AM »
It looks like this guy had a lot of red flags, including videos posted on the Internet detailing his intentions. Why did no one feel the need to report any of it before this happened? Very strange.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 02:20:05 AM »
It looks like this guy had a lot of red flags, including videos posted on the Internet detailing his intentions. Why did no one feel the need to report any of it before this happened? Very strange.
Well this is America.  We don't concern ourselves with the business of others unless it's directly against our own.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 02:37:43 AM »
Well this is America.  We don't concern ourselves with the business of others unless it's directly against our own.

Your part of America must be very different than mine.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 02:57:54 AM »

Your part of America must be very different than mine.
I live in New York where most people avoid eye contact with the homeless.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 03:04:23 AM »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 03:20:46 AM »
Here's his autobiography.

It definitely centers around sex and his frustration with it. We do live in a culture that puts an abnormally high importance on it, but aside from that he also let his desires consume him, and also objectifies women while simultaneously blaming them for not liking him. "I drive a BMW but women don't like me."

I can't really see any of it as a good reason for him doing this.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 03:35:56 AM »
He had a very entertaining YouTube channel, I'll give him that:

Goodnight, sweet prince.  Perhaps he's now in an eighties-themed heaven.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 05:01:32 AM »
There's a lot of interesting information out there on predicting violence which we're pretty terrible at because we love denial.

People probably saw the warning signs but chose to ignore them.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 05:37:30 AM »
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/05/24/315425094/shooting-near-uc-santa-barbara-leaves-3-dead

Yep.  7 dead. 

This is turning into a very normal thing.  I suspect that nothing we do is going to alter this.

I also am beginning to suspect that this is not random.  Something about all this just strikes me as very odd.  Only a few of these shooters have survived (not for a lack of trying) and yet we've heard nothing of them.  What did the psych reports say?  Did they feel guilty after?  Do they act normal?  Did they have a motive?

If I were a man who believed in such things, I'd think that this was some kind of experiment to get a drug or brainwashing method or something to cause a rational, unsuspecting, normal person to go on a killing spree of his peers.  Why you ask?  What else: war.  Just imagine if you could capture anyone and turn them into a suicide gunner?  Capture private johnny and let him walk into that military base and shoot the place up. 

And with the gunshot to the head, no evidence and no witnesses to speak of why they did it.

Have you even tried to find out what his motive was?

The video I linked has been removed. Basically, he was upset about not having sex and being lonely. In other words, he is just like every other person who has ever shot people at their school since the dawn of time .
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:27:55 PM by Alexandyr »
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 09:45:32 AM »
This video is not available in your country.

The newspaper quoted Shifman as saying police officers had interviewed Rodger but concluded he posed no danger. Shifman said they had found him to be a "perfectly polite, kind and wonderful human," the Times said.

Welp, someone's losing their job. This is also interesting:

http://www.reddit.com/r/cringe/comments/260fod/hes_magnificent_but_no_girl_will_ever_give_him_a/

Some retards in /r/cringe are better at detecting serial killers than Police are.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 10:07:25 AM by Vindictus »

Thork

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 11:26:48 AM »
You could try revisiting your gun-laws. ::)

Eddy Baby

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 12:24:31 PM »
All he needed was a better fitting fedora.

Rama Set

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 01:49:37 PM »

Why do you hate freedom?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 02:43:29 PM »

Yep.  7 dead. 

The video I linked has been removed. Basically, he was upset about not having sex and being lonely. In other words, he is just like every other person who has ever shot people at their school since the dawn of time .
That's a great motive for suicide but not random mass killings.

And it's not like there aren't millions of people with the exact same feelings (lonely and sex deprived).  So why haven't they gone off the deep end and murdered random people?  And why is it more frequent now?  Humans have had these feels since the dawn of time (as you said).

Also, I posted that before his "manifesto" was revealed.

Thork

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 02:48:52 PM »

Why do you hate freedom?
If a snotty nosed kid comes up to me in the park with a gun, and asks me for my wallet, I'm going to have to give it to him. That's not freedom.
If neither of us have a gun, I have the option of giving him my wallet or feeding him his teeth. In that scenario, I have freedom of choice.
A gun isn't a liberator. Its an oppressor.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 02:58:43 PM »

Yep.  7 dead. 

That's a great motive for suicide but not random mass killings.

And it's not like there aren't millions of people with the exact same feelings (lonely and sex deprived).  So why haven't they gone off the deep end and murdered random people?  And why is it more frequent now?  Humans have had these feels since the dawn of time (as you said).

Also, I posted that before his "manifesto" was revealed.

It takes a very special and rare combination of mental illnesses to result in behavior this extreme. I don't know why this sort of thing seems to be more common now, but it probably isn't because the government is brainwashing people so that they can use them as weapons. There's already a system in place for that, and it doesn't even really require brainwashing in the traditional sense of the word. It's called the military.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Thork

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 03:01:33 PM »
It takes a very special and rare combination of mental illnesses to result in behavior this extreme. I don't know why this sort of thing seems to be more common now

Its because you have allowed big pharma to push psychoactive drugs to the young.

Rama Set

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2014, 03:20:38 PM »
It takes a very special and rare combination of mental illnesses to result in behavior this extreme. I don't know why this sort of thing seems to be more common now

Its because you have allowed big pharma to push psychoactive drugs to the young.

Seems legit.